www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 14-04-19, 13:06   #231
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think if Ben boards the project which is maybe a certainty given Amy as the writer (providing she stays on without getting replaced) then we will also have Laurie Rose as the cinematographer because they've all worked on the same projects and seem like a team.
Old 14-04-19, 13:36   #232
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I think there are certain things that need to be retained for character progression. Lara needs to have the duals it's part of her iconography at this point and with the films ending this is what that version of Lara's been leading to.

They also need to keep Ana and Trinity is some capacity so I think it's a given we will get that involvement. Ana I hope will be the main villain and they will drop Konstantin to allow a bit more female agency.
This, I agree I want a scene where Lara use the duals at the manor
Old 14-04-19, 13:52   #233
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Ana just has to return as the villain it would be such a waste of Kristin Scott Thomas if she didn't. I dot care if they deviate that much from the games this time around but I want Ana to stay put. I wonder if they'll play more to the British indie style of Amy's other films. I hope the Tomb's are a big focus too.

I hope we get great drama from a Lara VS Ana confrontation. They have the potential to make this so dramatic with the betrayal of the family and Ana calling the shots.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 14-04-19 at 14:01.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 14:02   #234
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I think nothing is safe. Everything can change depending on what the producers, new writer and new director want. Many times the producers force to put stars (Lu Ren, for example, I think it was imposed for the Chinese market, they created a good character but that character was created by obligation). So, if MgM wants a Hollywood star they can kill Ana at the beginning ... or if they want a South American actor for the market there ... it all depends. Unfortunately, the cinema is a business.

Choosing Amy Jump I think it shows that they bet on this. She is not a mercenary screenwriter. She has always worked on projects with her husband. Very personal projects I believe that she can create something special.

I'm quite curious, I was surprised to read that Amy had already written a draft (as soon) and Alicia was satisfied. It surprises me.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 14-04-19 at 14:06.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 14:03   #235
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Ana just has to return as the villain it would be such a waste of Kristin Scott Thomas if she didn't. I dot care if they deviate that much from the games this time around but I want Ana to stay put.
I hope so, too! But since they've already revealed she's part of Trinity, they need to find some other plot twists to keep her character interesting.
Personally I would like if they brought back her disease from Rise, it was a very good reason for her to search for immortality (I mean, she wasn't doing it just for Trinity, I really liked that aspect).
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 14:07   #236
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I was very surprised at the fact Amy has a draft written too. It obviously shows that they have been in development long enough for a prospective sequel to be written in some capacity and is further ahead than just a starting point.

Alicia obviously liked the idea of working with Amy on Freak Shift and must have recommended her involvement in the project after it fell through. They've obviously spoke about Lara in lenght considering they know where the character is going in her arch.

Alicia must have enough clout in the project to get things moving and approving of Amy's script maybe even recommending her to Graham King. It seems from the wording of the article that Amy might have written a spec draft before getting the gig so they obviously see something promising enough to take the risk on a sequel.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 14-04-19 at 14:14.
Old 14-04-19, 14:08   #237
Portugalraider
Professor

Honestly, I want Konstantin to return, because I think a Ana-Konstantin brains-brawn duo to work well, Ana doesn't look like she could be a physical threat to Lara, only a mental and emotion one.

But Ana should definitely be the main antagonist of the two, and Konstantin's motivation be more about doing everything, even using Trinity's resources unauthorized, to save his sister, and less religious fanaticism.

Besides, it would make the last fight with Lara much more emotional, because destroying the Divine Source or whatever could cure Ana that is in Kitezh would mean his sister could die, and he isn't willing to sacrifice Ana to stop perhaps a Deathless invasion, but Lara is.

That, and I low key want Fassbender as Konstantin because "married couple are antagonists in new movie" could be an interesting marketing stitch for American audiences.
Old 14-04-19, 14:10   #238
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
I was very surprised at the fact Amy has a draft written too. It obviously shows that they have been in development long enough for a prospective sequel to be written in some capacity and is further ahead than just a starting point.

Alicia obviously liked the idea of working with Amy on Freak Shift and must have recommended her involvement in the project after it fell through. They've obviously spoke about Lara in lenght considering they know where the character is going in her arch.
I think Amy and Ben are inside. I think they want to make the movie and if it works then get to do Freak Shift.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-19, 14:16   #239
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

It could be something similar, they definitely have a mutual relationship with wanting to work with Alicia so they've probably been given that option which isn't unheard of in studio film making. This will hopefully progress quickly under Amy's writing if Alicia is fighting for her and the go to choice for director will most likely be Ben if they've worked all on their other project together although I'd be happy with Roar coming back.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 14-04-19 at 14:18.
Old 14-04-19, 14:21   #240
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

The important thing for me is that they shouldn't give Lara a love interest; a relationship with a character like the one Angelina's Lara had with Alex West would be ok at most, but I would be so against some character like Terry.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote