Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 27-04-21, 19:33   #271
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Hello!

You don't need Switch Manager. It's a TRNG OCB.
"New Mirrors" tutorial project can help to understand.

http://www.trlevelmanager.eu/demos.htm

http://www.trlevelmanager.eu/download/new_mirrors.zip
Thanks for offering help! I tried to follow the instructions and the new codes, but wound up having other problems.

For the push button, I added the OCB code 4293 (Starting with 4096, since the beginning position is "1" + 197, the number of Lara's animation for pushing the small button).

Now the correct animation plays to press the button, but Lara "blinks" out for a moment (the start of the animation looks like a frame is missing or something) AND the sound is wrong. Also, when Lara goes to press the button again to close the door the button is meant to open, she sidesteps to the left instead of pressing the button again.

Is there something I need to do with the animations, like what adangel was writing about?
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-21, 20:33   #272
not again!

It seems AkyV's suggestion and the two posts you have quoted (by adngel and me) are all three different methods. I can only clarify about mine

As you described in your last post, if Lara's push button animation has the number 197, then the OCB for the push button should be 4293.
But in order for the switch to work properly the State IDs for the push button object need to be adjusted in WadTool's animation editor.
My post that you quoted is a bit cluttered with additional info, so to highlight only the relevant part:

Animation 0
State ID: 1
Next Animation: 2

Animation 1
State ID: 1
Next Animation: 3

Animation 2
State ID: 2
Next Animation: 1

Animation 3
State ID: 2
Next Animation: 0

edit: to try and clarify a bit - the author of NGLE came up with this OCB method (animation number + 4096 or 8192) to allow for the creation of custom switches, but those custom switches need to follow a specific pattern regarding order of animations, State IDs, etc.
The above described changes to State ID and Next Animation number make the original TR 2 & 3 switches conform to the pattern the author of NGLE specified for custom switches.

Last edited by not again!; 27-04-21 at 21:13.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-21, 23:22   #273
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
It seems AkyV's suggestion and the two posts you have quoted (by adngel and me) are all three different methods. I can only clarify about mine
Thanks for the additional info and being willing to help Unfortunately I'm still stuck... I made the State IDs just as you wrote, and used the number 4293 in the OCB... opening still works, albeit with a different sound, but throwing the switch a second time doesn't work properly still. I'm trying to set up a sequence of timed doors, and feeling stumped about what I'm doing wrong.

I'd love to just use the regular old OCB settings since I only plan to have old style and button switches in the level, but Lara still does the reach-in-the-hole animation instead of the button if I use OCB 2.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 00:07   #274
not again!

Is the order of animations maybe a different one than:

animation 0 - button is off
animation 1 - button is on
animation 2 - button being activated
animation 3 - button being deactivated

And just to make sure we are talking about the same State ID, etc, fields: I meant the State and Next Animation fields directly in the main window of the Animation Editor, not the ones in the pop up window that appears when you hit the State Changes button (if there are any entries in that pop up window, they can be deleted)

Sorry, I don't know if there's a way to keep WadMergers switch manager setting for Tomb Editor levels.

edit: ah, I really need to read more carefully
Quote:
I'm trying to set up a sequence of timed doors, and feeling stumped about what I'm doing wrong.
Maybe this is the problem? I have no idea if the modified button switch would work in a scenario where the button gets deactivated by something else than Lara. Have you tried using the button as just regular switch to see if it would work then?

Last edited by not again!; 28-04-21 at 00:16.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 12:39   #275
saintjunia

Hey guys, does anyone know why the object looks fine in Blender, WadTool, and TE, but in-game, there are holes between faces from certain angles? Like so:

normal:

cracks:
saintjunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 12:44   #276
TR-Freak
Unverified

You are using Quads. Quads need to be completely planar, otherwise the faces are going to disappear. To Avoid this completely, make your faces all triangles
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 14:01   #277
saintjunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
You are using Quads. Quads need to be completely planar, otherwise the faces are going to disappear. To Avoid this completely, make your faces all triangles
Thank you, I will do that :-)
saintjunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-21, 07:15   #278
HaniHeger

hey guys I'm back with my project (and thus back with my many non-stop questions about objects..)

So this is a kick_door but in the door_type sloth, since doors from these slots are bigger, when I changed the object, the pivot ended being wrong like seen above, and thus the animations too, so how can I change the placement of this pivot?
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-21, 10:01   #279
Lwmte

Pivots are changed in skeleton editor (right-click on your object in the list in main WT window and select "Edit Skeleton...").
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 10:22   #280
HaniHeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Pivots are changed in skeleton editor (right-click on your object in the list in main WT window and select "Edit Skeleton...").
I don't think that that's it, changing this moved the whole door, what I want to change is only that little fella beside the door in the image above!
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote