www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 25-02-21, 12:02   #1
Richard_trle
Explorer

Default The Lost Temple of Atlantis

Hi Everyone, I'm here to announce my upcoming level, which is project of a trilogy of maps, one of the maps has been released nearly 20 years ago

I had a post about this level here, but I don't wanna dig it, and it also has several dead links and the title of the thread is well, does not fit.

The first level is called

As of yet I'm undecided of either releasing each map standalone, but I think that once the project is finished I'm going to release it as a three part bundle.

Status / Progress

The Lost Temple of Atlantis TRNG 0%
Icy Towers 100% (Downloadable - download the icy_towers.zip, extract and play)
Inner Sanctum (10%)
Icy Towers

Story

In the classical timeline, the story takes place between Tomb Raider 3 and The Last Revelation, after Lara finally defeated Sophia Leigh and claimed the Hand of Rathmore, but once she touched the Rathmore's Artifact, she had a vision of the past (credits to TombRaiderPhil56) and a vision of the future.

Lara tried to contact several archeological teams and institutes across the north hemisphere, to no avail, nothing amiss was happening. But, while contacting the Royal Archeological Institute, a tip came in. Both Halley and Bluff research stations from Antarctica reported that there were unusual activities going on there. When she tried to contact agents or researchers from these labs, Lara got bewildered. Natla Technologies was involved in Antarctica diggings, it seems that an archeological digging was taking place on the Brunt Ice Shelf. Lara reaction was no other. She went to investigate...

Background

Nearly 20 years after the release of my previous level, The Lost Temple of Atlantis, The Icy Towers is out! This level is a direct sequel to my previous level, even borrowing some elements (and secrets) from it. In this level you must put an end to Natla's schemes on trying to reactivate the Temple of the Snake to restore the old Atlantean order.

Since Lara obtained the Hand of Rathmore, an artifact of Atlantean origin, Natla (in a timeline where she survived TR1 events) perceived that she could use the Helmet of Tihocan and the Qualopec's Plate to restore the old Atlantean capital, if she were to succeed this would set a chain of unprecedent events which could decimate the entire human race. Due to this capital being localized under the very Antarctic Continent, meaning that it would shift the entire continent causing mass de glaciation and massive earthquakes.

This level is a part of a trilogy called Antarctica - The Atlantean Expeditions, and also the second level of this series. There is a upcoming level and the remake of the first level under TRNG, I hope you guys like it.

Controls

The default controls are:
  • ARROWS for moving
  • SPACE for drawing guns
  • ALT for jump
  • SHIFT for walking
  • CONTROL for action
  • PERIOD for crouch
  • COMMA for flare/throw flare
  • 0 (NUMPAD) for look
  • / for sprint

Advanced Controls

In this level Lara is able to perform the following actions:
  • She is able of jump out of crawlspace by pressing JUMP button while pressing FORWARD
  • She is able to jump backward from ledge by pressing BACK
  • She is able to climb into crawlspace by simply pressing FORWARD while climbing ladders
  • She is able to roll while crouched by pressing SPRINT

Inventory

In The Icy Towers level you start with a crowbar and Wa Cartouche.

Credits and Special Thanks

Every soundtrack is composed by me, with four exceptions
  • Title track is a composition by Kevin MacLeod, titled Dopplerate
  • The level soudtrack is also a composition by Kevin MacLeod, titled Departure - Ghostapocalypse
  • The soundtrack 99 is a composition by Aaron Kenny, titled Desert Caravan. It is also available in Youtube Audio Library
  • In the title flyby there is also a excerpt from the remasted Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation theme by Peter Connely

Both tracks by MacLeod are available from Youtube Audio Library and licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

I would like to give a special thanks to Kapu, Daniel (SirDanielPonces), LoreRaider, Craig Michaels and Adngel from tombraiderforums.com for providing me in-depth solutions for several problems I was facing while developing this level. Thank you guys, from the bottom of my heart, this level would not be possible and even would not come out without your help!

I would like to thank PedroTheGamer, Saintjunia, Nanaki Azakee (Wolf_7), Nerdfury and Kubsyy for beta testing and providing me awesome feedbacks. Thank you guys, with your help I could improve my level even further.

Last edited by Richard_trle; 01-04-21 at 05:38.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 12:13   #2
BlackWolftr
Historian

Thumbs up

Cool. Good luck
Old 25-02-21, 12:42   #3
Richard_trle
Explorer

Here are some screenshots, click on the image for high-resolution image

Old 25-02-21, 13:05   #4
Richard_trle
Explorer

Some more screenshots

Old 25-02-21, 15:41   #5
Mahetus
Student

Looks very interesting Richard!
Old 27-02-21, 00:51   #6
Richard_trle
Explorer

Guys, I have a problem in my map

I have a mirror room in my level, it was working previously, but it stopped working out of sudden.

Old 27-02-21, 01:13   #7
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

the room id is not the TE one but yes the ingame one
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 01:25   #8
Richard_trle
Explorer

Thank you Daniel!

I deleted a room, thus its ID also changed, because it was probably reassigned due to underlying mechanisms.

Thank you very much!

/edit I have showed it on the general screenshot thread, but here it goes again

Last edited by Richard_trle; 27-02-21 at 01:28.
Old 28-02-21, 05:26   #9
Richard_trle
Explorer

I have added some decorations to a room, what do you guys think about that?

Click on the image for the full resolution version
Old 28-02-21, 13:52   #10
Zolee
Professor

Looking good so far! Some more time on texturing the rocks and it will look pretty good
Zolee is offline   Reply With Quote