Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 01-09-17, 15:37   #111
Dustie

Aren't you supposed to add the underwater flow command to the trigger group as well before you actually place the trigger group on the floor?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 18:11   #112
Danath

^ Yep, or else you can also click on the Replace button below the trigger list after you add the underwater_flow command, it should automatically update the sectors in which that trigger is placed.

Remember that you have to place the sink object on a different sector, don't place it on a sector with flow trigger.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 21:32   #113
thewolf
Golden

Still the same problem. Nothing happens
It can't be that hard, but I'm sitting now here for 3hours . Ok let's look closely:
1.Place sink
2.Add Trigger(Do_Activate)
3.Add Command (underwater flow)
4.Select sectors and apply them
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 21:54   #114
Danath

It really is that simple. Let's see if i can help:

- Make sure the sink has a positive "strong" value. Try a value between 5 and 10 to clearly see an effect.
- Check if the trigger has all bitflags pressed and "only once" isn't checked.
Old 01-09-17, 22:14   #115
thewolf
Golden

So, now I've tried a complete new project with one room to test it. The underwater flow works in my testroom, but for some reason not in my current project.
Old 01-09-17, 22:25   #116
Danath

Unhappy

That's so weird. It also happened to me, but it was in my temple map which is huge. I wanted to place an underwater current but it refused to work and had to scrap it.
I really don't know how to help then. Are you by any chance building close to the lower right corner of the 2D grid? I have read that weird things can happen when you build there, at least with TRLE.
Old 01-09-17, 22:37   #117
thewolf
Golden

The room I want to make the flow has these coordinates:
X:0
Y:29
Z:30

Maybe I will make a longer path away from the X side, if it will work then.

I much appreciate your help
Old 02-09-17, 20:04   #118
thewolf
Golden

Alright, I tried some things today with the underwater flow. I got it to work with this method: I placed the sink inside my room 1 . Could it be possible that the sink is only working when it's placed in room 1? This way my flow is working in room 12. I noticed as soon as I place the sink in a other room than 1 it doesn't work. Very strange.....
Old 15-09-17, 13:12   #119
thewolf
Golden

Hello, it's me again. Is there a way how to change laras start position(the red cube)?

Edit: How can I play my own Levels, if I use the original CD ?Do I have to build the levels on the original files on the cd ? This would mean the original Core levels are gone. Or am I wrong?

Last edited by thewolf; 15-09-17 at 15:34.
Old 15-09-17, 17:23   #120
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Hello, it's me again. Is there a way how to change laras start position(the red cube)?
Yes, to change the position of the red cube just press Alt+Ctrl+Shift and then left-click on the sector you want it, with select mode off.
To fine-tune the starting position, place the "Lara" object and it will override the red cube start. You can move the Lara object start position using the same keys used to move other objects/statics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Edit: How can I play my own Levels, if I use the original CD ?Do I have to build the levels on the original files on the cd ? This would mean the original Core levels are gone. Or am I wrong?
I don't understand well. Do you mean playing your level along with the originals or just your level? By default you don't need the CD to play if you are using the TR2 Gold demo engine, just for the music. But there is a method to have music without needing the CD.