Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 12-12-19, 20:09   #23701
Gabi
Super Moderator

I am a bit late to the party, it seems, but I am still going to dance.
Posts will be removed and infraction points will be added to some accounts.
The rest of you who participated in derailing the thread, consider this a warning not to do so in the future.
Drama in general but especially drama that happens elsewhere is not to be made the topic in one of the threads on TRF.
For that you can use VM or PM.

How am I feeling? Annoyed!
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-19, 02:30   #23702
Blue_light

I'm shocked, in an outraged way, about something I just saw. I'm completely at loss of words, I don't even know how to express it. Why? Just why?

By the way, happy Friday, 13th, everyone.

Last edited by Blue_light; 13-12-19 at 02:35. Reason: Obsessive editing once again.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 00:02   #23703
Athukraz

I just saw a shooting star for the first time looking out the window and contemplating life. I feel hopeful and I'll take it as a good sign
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 16:24   #23704
charmedangelin

Annoyed, trying to find some nice holiday themed wallpapers and I can only find a few good ones.

Edit

Also my grandmother ain't feeling well so I had to cook the chili today. I hope I didn't **** Grandma's chili. I swear I am legit worried I forgot a step or an ingredient.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 15-12-19 at 19:15.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 08:23   #23705
Vaskito

So, this week I'll start wearing glasses. I'm just waiting for them to arrive.

Oh for the love me, I wanted to avoid glasses at all costs. When I went to the ophthalmologist I was with my mind set in stone to use contacts. My eyesight condition is apparently still "too good" to use contacts, but bad enough to wear glasses. LMAO, it made me laugh the fact that glasses were what I was avoiding the most, and glasses are my only option. It's like some kind of bad joke from the universe.

For any fellow "dorks" who started wearing glasses later in life like me, how is the adaptation process? I think I look weird (even more than usual) wearing them, and I hate seeing the frames when I have them on - that's why I never wear sunglasses. Gladly, I'll only have to wear them at work/PC/night driving
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 15:07   #23706
Blue_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
For any fellow "dorks" who started wearing glasses later in life like me, how is the adaptation process? I think I look weird (even more than usual) wearing them, and I hate seeing the frames when I have them on - that's why I never wear sunglasses. Gladly, I'll only have to wear them at work/PC/night driving
The weirdest part for me in the beginning was staring at the ground, because I felt that the floor wasn't on the same level. The most annoying was (and still is) having to readjust my glasses like an anime character after looking downwards.

But other than that, it was an incredible relief to finally properly read the board.
Old 16-12-19, 15:26   #23707
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
The weirdest part for me in the beginning was staring at the ground, because I felt that the floor wasn't on the same level. The most annoying was (and still is) having to readjust my glasses like an anime character after looking downwards.

But other than that, it was an incredible relief to finally properly read the board.
Oh god, I haven't tried looking down when I tried them. But they have a pretty low ?graduation? (is this how we say it in English?), so I think I won't have that problem. Also, I'll only have to wear them on PC and driving at night
Old 16-12-19, 15:41   #23708
Portugalraider

Quote:
Oh god, I haven't tried looking down when I tried them. But they have a pretty low ?graduation? (is this how we say it in English?), so I think I won't have that problem. Also, I'll only have to wear them on PC and driving at night
You can say dioptres instead of graduation. It is the correct unit for that.

Also, (cue to all my optometrist friends and ophthalmologist enemies ) next time try to go to an optometrist instead of an ophthalmologist, if it's just a minor "I might need glasses" thing. Usually they know better what you can do with contacts or not (although, in your case, if it is really just for "resting" and you feel like you need glasses, you are out of luck).
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 15:49   #23709
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
You can say dioptres instead of graduation. It is the correct unit for that.

Also, (cue to all my optometrist friends and ophthalmologist enemies ) next time try to go to an optometrist instead of an ophthalmologist, if it's just a minor "I might need glasses" thing. Usually they know better what you can do with contacts or not (although, in your case, if it is really just for "resting" and you feel like you need glasses, you are out of luck).
Thanks

You know, lots of people advised me to go to the ophthalmologist, after a free consult with an optometrist - I've been told ophthalmologists dig deeper into the issue, where optometrists only give an overall look. IDK. But the appointment with the ophthalmologist was't expensive (30€).

Yea, my work is 8 hours in front of the PC, and then go home to spend another couple of hours in front of the PC again, so even if the dioptres were high enough for contacts, he still advised me against using contacts because cases like mine with long hours in front of a PC, can result in eye dryness, so contacts aren't advised.

For now I'll wear glasses, and if my dioptres worsen, I'll consider Lasik correction
Old 16-12-19, 17:24   #23710
Blue_light

Quote:
Mine are also low (0,50 and 0,75). It felt weird when I looked down while walking, so as long as you don't have that habit, I think you'll be fine.