www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 28-03-21, 09:35   #61
jackraider
Inactive

I think the private beach pad was going to be the alternative to Croft Manor. It was very 007. Very cool though.
jackraider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-21, 13:00   #62
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I much would have preferred the Pre Alpha version of Legend instead of what we got
Old 28-03-21, 13:21   #63
Heckler
Professor

This just proves that you don't need high end RTX graphics, motion-captured everything, a library of upgradeable stuff, too much drama in the story and a budget big enough to buy space travel in order to have a game that looks like great fun. I enjoyed TRL when it was released. They started cluttering things with TRU and desaturated all those lovely colours a bit too much for me.
Old 28-03-21, 13:31   #64
jackraider
Inactive

Legend and Chronicles captured the gist of the franchise the most for me. These are the most comic-like adaptions of the bunch. Each are well-presented and linear in a casual, yet fun manner. Also, it’s obvious Crystal Dynamics succeeded from were Chronicles left off instead of AOD. Everything from reimagining Zip to re-introducing aerobics not present in AOD, but featured in Chronicles.

Last edited by jackraider; 29-03-21 at 12:54.
Old 02-04-21, 12:30   #65
Valentino
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
I think the private beach pad was going to be the alternative to Croft Manor. It was very 007. Very cool though.
It wasn’t going to be an alternative
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 21:54   #66
moodydog
Tomb Raider

I hate to play devil's advocate, but lets be real. Whilst I am fascinated by the pre alpha version, I don't think it would have offered us anything more than what the final product gave us, just a couple of extra levels in the exact same arcadey design.

It seems what most people are doing is confusing the enigma of the pre alpha version with their own fantasisations of what the perfect TRL game could be.

The inclusion of the pre alpha content wouldn't have magically transformed the game... things are cut for a reason.

It's still cool to see this though, and may be useful for the trle community, but no, I dont think that TRL necessarily would have been better.

Last edited by moodydog; 04-04-21 at 22:06.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 08:50   #67
Zolee
Professor

It's just not fair that tons of things shown in the first 2 trailers are taken out.
At least they could have made a style units like in TRA, where we could run through the areas they cut from the final build.
Zolee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 10:12   #68
JAMJOOM
Student

Default good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolee View Post
It's just not fair that tons of things shown in the first 2 trailers are taken out.
At least they could have made a style units like in TRA, where we could run through the areas they cut from the final build.
It seems that the game has gone through multiple Times of development
Starting from Lara's formation to building levels
I think what was seen was a small part of their plans
Or what the developers were working on
Old 08-04-21, 23:01   #69
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
I hate to play devil's advocate, but lets be real. Whilst I am fascinated by the pre alpha version, I don't think it would have offered us anything more than what the final product gave us, just a couple of extra levels in the exact same arcadey design.

It seems what most people are doing is confusing the enigma of the pre alpha version with their own fantasisations of what the perfect TRL game could be.

The inclusion of the pre alpha content wouldn't have magically transformed the game... things are cut for a reason.

It's still cool to see this though, and may be useful for the trle community, but no, I dont think that TRL necessarily would have been better.
Yeahhh but those of us who really liked TRL would have loved a few more levels and areas to jump around in. Plus the pre-alpha feels more like the old games with Lara's stiffer animations and lack of music.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 13:19   #70
jackraider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
Plus the pre-alpha feels more like the old games with Lara's stiffer animations ...
Like going backwards would’ve made the game any better? Legend is fine as is. I’d of preferred a non cliffhanger ending, but Anniversary works more as the standalone entry. I’m cool with that.