www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 12-10-19, 21:05   #15001
Ellioft
Professor

I would love Li Binbing in TR2 or Michelle Yeoh
Old 12-10-19, 21:17   #15002
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Honestly, as long as they get good actors, I don't really have any casting opinion.

Although I'll say that, if they want any sort of publicity casting, having Fassbender as a younger Konstantin could be good for some "wife vs husband" publicity.
Old 12-10-19, 21:22   #15003
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Honestly, as long as they get good actors, I don't really have any casting opinion.

Although I'll say that, if they want any sort of publicity casting, having Fassbender as a younger Konstantin could be good for some "wife vs husband" publicity.
Ooh, I never thought of him in that role he'd be awesome as Konstantin!
Old 12-10-19, 23:05   #15004
Rai

So I finally listened to the podcast. Are we sure he's referring to Rise? He just said "It sticks pretty much to what happens in the game." Without specifying which one. We can only assume he means Rise due to it being the 2nd game (in the reboot before I get jumped on) and also the time-frame of the script being written, I suppose. It's the most logical.

I suppose we can assume Lu Ren will replace Jonah once more, so I do hope they keep Jacob and Sofia. I'm not sure about Konstantin, certainly not in the same capacity. I can't wait to start seeing cast. I'm really not too bothered who is cast as long as they're good and fit the roles.

Last edited by Rai; 12-10-19 at 23:07.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 23:56   #15005
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
So I finally listened to the podcast. Are we sure he's referring to Rise? He just said "It sticks pretty much to what happens in the game." Without specifying which one. We can only assume he means Rise due to it being the 2nd game (in the reboot before I get jumped on) and also the time-frame of the script being written, I suppose. It's the most logical.

I suppose we can assume Lu Ren will replace Jonah once more, so I do hope they keep Jacob and Sofia. I'm not sure about Konstantin, certainly not in the same capacity. I can't wait to start seeing cast. I'm really not too bothered who is cast as long as they're good and fit the roles.
Honestly I feel like Shadow is more likely. Especially since there’s footage of Alicia playing it and praising it.

Imagine her seeing the Tsunami part of the game, and thinking “Oh yeah, I gotta make this happen.”

Also the plot of Shadow can blend into TR2018 so seamlessly. Lara ends the first film vowing to track down Trinity. Shadow starts with Lara following Trinity, with Jonah (Lu Ren) tagging along. She’s intercepted by Anna (instead of Dominguez), after retrieving the dagger. Tsunami starts.

I could go on and on and on but honestly it would make the most sense I feel.
Old 13-10-19, 02:48   #15006
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Honestly I feel like Shadow is more likely. Especially since there’s footage of Alicia playing it and praising it.

Imagine her seeing the Tsunami part of the game, and thinking “Oh yeah, I gotta make this happen.”

Also the plot of Shadow can blend into TR2018 so seamlessly. Lara ends the first film vowing to track down Trinity. Shadow starts with Lara following Trinity, with Jonah (Lu Ren) tagging along. She’s intercepted by Anna (instead of Dominguez), after retrieving the dagger. Tsunami starts.

I could go on and on and on but honestly it would make the most sense I feel.
On the flip side, the first movie had a lot of water scenes already, with both the boat sinking and the waterfall scene. Moving on to Siberia and Syria would provide something new for the film series and audience.
Old 13-10-19, 03:20   #15007
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
On the flip side, the first movie had a lot of water scenes already, with both the boat sinking and the waterfall scene. Moving on to Siberia and Syria would provide something new for the film series and audience.
Yeah but a tsunami, having Lara running through a city while water is smashing through cars and people behind her isn’t really comparable to the river rapids scene in a jungle.

Just plot wise, it makes more sense for it to follow shadow or hybridize the two.
Old 13-10-19, 05:36   #15008
biscuits
Professor

I've come to love Rise so yay!
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 06:34   #15009
laracroftswest
Professor

What if they trick all of us and it follows TR1/2 instead...now that'd be kinda iconic.
Old 13-10-19, 09:28   #15010
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I remember that an Insider said they were interested in Shadow... Anyway, I still think that Ben only refers to "Ana / Trinity storyline"

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 13-10-19 at 09:30.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote