www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 17-03-17, 00:25   #21
Heckler
Professor

Thumbs up

This sounds very promising. I'm usually very picky and protective when it comes to reboots but there are so many possibilities with this franchise. I loves the movies and the games. Definitely want more
Old 17-03-17, 00:25   #22
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Sure why not? The second and third movie were absolute dumpster fires anyway. Just change it so that after they left The Matrix and Neo was still Jesus that they had actually only managed to escape into a fail safe environment of The Matrix. That would at least explain his super powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Doppie_ View Post
I have a hard time seeing how it could be the case. Considering that Matrix 1 is like 10% of the whole story and that even with the trilogy you need The Animatrix to understand the story, completely. Even without my previous statement, there are some hints in Matrix 1 that can only be understood in Matrix 2. Such as multiple screens saw before Neo's interrogation that ends up being The Architect's screens. (= Planned)
If I'm not mistaken, the creators never planned for a sequel and didn't have a script or even baseline for sequels when the first film was being made. So...

Last edited by Zelda master; 17-03-17 at 00:28.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-17, 03:24   #23
_Doppie_
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the creators never planned for a sequel and didn't have a script or even baseline for sequels when the first film was being made. So...
You are mistaken.

Quote:
The film's mainstream success had backed up the initial idea of making a trilogy
Quote:
The Wachowskis recently completed a deal to continue the sci-fi series they’d always envisioned as a three-pic storyline.
Old 17-03-17, 08:18   #24
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I think that the original Matrix Reloaded script would have made for a better film, at least from the story POV.
Old 17-03-17, 10:19   #25
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

I was never a huge fan of the Matrix, but I do admire the excellent choreography, stunt work and special effects in the fight scenes, where you can ACTUALLY see what's going on:

Look at Neo's moves from 2:40 to 2:55 it's poetry in motion

Compare that to the god awful fight scenes in Lord of the Rings for instance:

Don't ask me why, but I know for a fact that a Matrix reboot is gonna screw that up, just like they always screw it up...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-17, 10:44   #26
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Now I only wait for Pippi Langstrumpf reboot.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-17, 10:56   #27
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Doppie_ View Post
I don't really care. Let's see what they can do.

I have a hard time seeing how it could be the case. Considering that Matrix 1 is like 10% of the whole story and that even with the trilogy you need The Animatrix to understand the story, completely. Even without my previous statement, there are some hints in Matrix 1 that can only be understood in Matrix 2. Such as multiple screens saw before Neo's interrogation that ends up being The Architect's screens. (= Planned)

"Money grabs" is mainstream bs, to be honest.
The climax of the story, overall, was Neo mastering his powers over the Matrix, itself. Once that happened all the rest is simply the denouement. It was unnecessary fluff drawn out for no legitimate thematic reasons. IMO it's why most people found them to be far less interesting than #1 and, again IMO, unnecessary. I said it when they announced the 2nd film so I'm no bandwagon complainer. Thematically the sequels were unjustified to me. I'm interested to see who agrees with me.

NOTE: Every little detail didn't need explaining, either. The best part of The Matrix was that it made you think a little bit and draw you own theories and conclusions from it.

Last edited by interstellardave; 17-03-17 at 11:01.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-17, 21:37   #28
paulwork
Archaeologist

Hmmm. On the surface it sounds OK I guess, and there's definitely mileage and appetite for more Matrix.

I would only be interested though, if the Wachowskis were involved.

The problem (or rather the challenge) is that The Matrix was soooooo freaking effortlessly cool. Also, there were some very quotable moments.

French teachers the world over groaned when kids started coming into class reciting "Chateau Haut Brion 1959 , magnificent wine. I love French wine, like I love the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculer ta mère. It's like wiping your a@$& with silk..."

That first movie broke all the benchmarks, was highly innovative on several fronts, and the scifi storytelling was just amazing.

Unless any attempts to revive The Matrix really do capture that elusive "lightning in a bottle" that The Matrix seemed to harness and amplify, I just don't think it's worth it.

Why not come up with some other completely different scifi movie story? Good scifi movies are so few and far between. Give us something new that will blow our minds.

I don't however, mind if they bring out new matrix video games. But the movie - maybe they are better off leaving that well alone.

Last edited by paulwork; 17-03-17 at 21:48.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-17, 22:53   #29
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

The last Matrix game was the Online one, wasn't it? They shut it down the same year I left Sixth Form. It was supposed to be a continuing story but they never continued the story fully. Like: was Neo actually still alive somewhere? What 'new and powerful' form had Agent Smith found? The only thing it gave was the fate of Trinity, who it turned out carried the same program as Neo, so could theoretically have become a 'One' herself (indeed, she survived her death and found herself in the Matrix, but unable to form a solid RSI like Neo could)
Old 17-03-17, 23:59   #30
paulwork
Archaeologist

Lol. I remember wanting to have my bathroom styled and tiled like the matrix bathroom fight scene. And then when Heavy Rain came out, I wanted Madison's bathroom. Is that weird?
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote