www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-19, 16:21   #2701
Patrick star
Tomb Raider
 
Patrick star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Syria
Posts: 12,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
When the game is completed you are take back before talking to etzli to go fight Dominguez, so, Trinity isn't defeated and all that.
Which sucks, since rise had a post campaign touch to it.
Yeah I remember being annoyed by that , as it makes no sense .

It's very interesting to re-explore the world in the aftermath of the main campaign , which was reinforced in Rise with a cutscene in which Lara tells Sophia about Jacob's last moments then Lara says "there's still so much to discover" followed by a game note saying "Explore !" , logically and plot-wise it doesn't feel nonsensical or contradictory for Lara to stay for a while in Siberia after fulfilling her mission there to discover stuff she didn't notice (or didn't have time for) during her race with Trinity , so I was enjoying roaming around the game world post-campaign , nothing felt off , and everything that was inflicted upon the environment during the story remained untouched , like the huge hole in the glacier over Kitezh by which Trinity broke into the city , and I was also able to explore areas I wasn't allowed to previously because of story cutscenes like the room in which Jonah was stabbed , Flooded Archives with the fallen statue and some new parts in the Acropolis (like the trap door in the big tower) .

There was a perfect opportunity for something like that in Shadow , what with Lara telling Jonah in the final cutscene that she's going to stay for a while in Paititi and help rebuild it . Instead , after the end of the game we're transported to the most urgent and tricky point in the plot for no apparent reason . Like Isaac said , you feel like the game is finished yet not finished at the same time , it's very unsatisfying . The worst offender is when you fast travel to San Juan and the Volcano is still pretty much active and I was like really ??!
__________________
The extraordinary is in what we do , not in our hairstyle...
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 18:26   #2702
Grimaldi
Professor
 
Grimaldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The crowds of Cozumel
Posts: 3,969
Default

That bugged me too. I especially wanted to go back to the City of the Serpent and see if it was exploreable, but alas.
__________________
Nothing dies down here.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 19:42   #2703
tomee
Tomb Raider
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 15,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synlidwirh View Post
I don't know that image looks almost like she has shorts and a shoulder holster again. While the image might not be definitive but would be so cool.

now to just wait for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I thought it looked like that too, but it's just the knee padding on the default outfit.
Didn't Morrigan already confirm it's going to be a tactical outfit, but with less accessories to make it cleaner and simpler?
__________________
My signature was removed because it was vulgar. Now I can't choose my own till March 2014. If I edit this one I will be suspended till March 2014.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 20:11   #2704
johnanonymouz
Professor
 
johnanonymouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Didn't Morrigan already confirm it's going to be a tactical outfit, but with less accessories to make it cleaner and simpler?
this. i imagine a traditional 20th century military uniform. a basic one. if you google it you'll see what type of outfit it is.
__________________
Proud Rebooter
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 20:21   #2705
xspacedude
Archaeologist
 
xspacedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,787
Default

Imagine the DLC taking place in Paititi and the new outfit being restricted bc there's no fur or feathers?
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 20:36   #2706
johnanonymouz
Professor
 
johnanonymouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
Imagine the DLC taking place in Paititi and the new outfit being restricted bc there's no fur or feathers?
at this point i wont be surprised
__________________
Proud Rebooter
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 10:19   #2707
jackoimina
Explorer
 
jackoimina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
When the game is completed you are take back before talking to etzli to go fight Dominguez, so, Trinity isn't defeated and all that.
Which sucks, since rise had a post campaign touch to it.
I keep thinking about this with every new Shadow DLC now. I like shadow and I've been very vocal about it here.

BUT not giving us a proper way of exploring the world AFTER the main storyline is downright stupid on so many levels.

For one, it started to severely influence my overall opinion of the game in a negative way. DLCs are pretty short and superficial with predictable stories and make no difference to the overall storyline.

DLCs are set before the final events and it further ruins the pacing which the main game had problems with anyway. Those new tombs are great but they would've been as great if explored after the main story. Who in their right mind would go do all this while they're 'on the clock' and the world is about to go to hell? How is everything all of a sudden waiting for Lara to run around discovering tombs and ****? It makes no sense whatsoever and I regret paying for the season pass bc I was looking forward to continuing to casually play the game and stay within that world AFTER Lara deals with the main threat.

I feel like the DLCs are ruining the main game. I can't see myself doing a replay one year from now and playing all of that side content bc it makes zero sense when the story revolves around a pending apocalypse that you're racing against time to prevent it from happening. It bugs me so much that EM/CD/whoever didn't think about this..

I played God of War recently. That's how you finish your ****ing game and lead the players into exploration mode. EM made a huge mistake by taking us back, they should've put in the effort to create a world post-final boss, the game would've benefitted from it big time.

This way, they're actively making it worse with every single DLC they're putting out and I can't believe this is happening bc there's no other way of saying it: it's stupid and it's hurting the game.
__________________
The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 10:39   #2708
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 6,947
Default

True tbh
__________________
Clown Movement 2019
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 10:52   #2709
Costel
Archaeologist
 
Costel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
I keep thinking about this with every new Shadow DLC now. I like shadow and I've been very vocal about it here.

BUT not giving us a proper way of exploring the world AFTER the main storyline is downright stupid on so many levels.

For one, it started to severely influence my overall opinion of the game in a negative way. DLCs are pretty short and superficial with predictable stories and make no difference to the overall storyline.

DLCs are set before the final events and it further ruins the pacing which the main game had problems with anyway. Those new tombs are great but they would've been as great if explored after the main story. Who in their right mind would go do all this while they're 'on the clock' and the world is about to go to hell? How is everything all of a sudden waiting for Lara to run around discovering tombs and ****? It makes no sense whatsoever and I regret paying for the season pass bc I was looking forward to continuing to casually play the game and stay within that world AFTER Lara deals with the main threat.

I feel like the DLCs are ruining the main game. I can't see myself doing a replay one year from now and playing all of that side content bc it makes zero sense when the story revolves around a pending apocalypse that you're racing against time to prevent it from happening. It bugs me so much that EM/CD/whoever didn't think about this..

I played God of War recently. That's how you finish your ****ing game and lead the players into exploration mode. EM made a huge mistake by taking us back, they should've put in the effort to create a world post-final boss, the game would've benefitted from it big time.

This way, they're actively making it worse with every single DLC they're putting out and I can't believe this is happening bc there's no other way of saying it: it's stupid and it's hurting the game.
I understand what you are saying but Rise did this too. When first arrive in Geothermal Valley you find out that Trinity is about to invade but the invasion happens only when you reach a certain checkpoint.
It is a false sensation of rushing to save the world.
__________________
I only like Reboot Tomb Raider games and I am proud of that.
Costel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 10:54   #2710
the_end90
Historian
 
the_end90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Modena, Italy
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
I keep thinking about this with every new Shadow DLC now. I like shadow and I've been very vocal about it here.

BUT not giving us a proper way of exploring the world AFTER the main storyline is downright stupid on so many levels.

For one, it started to severely influence my overall opinion of the game in a negative way. DLCs are pretty short and superficial with predictable stories and make no difference to the overall storyline.

DLCs are set before the final events and it further ruins the pacing which the main game had problems with anyway. Those new tombs are great but they would've been as great if explored after the main story. Who in their right mind would go do all this while they're 'on the clock' and the world is about to go to hell? How is everything all of a sudden waiting for Lara to run around discovering tombs and ****? It makes no sense whatsoever and I regret paying for the season pass bc I was looking forward to continuing to casually play the game and stay within that world AFTER Lara deals with the main threat.

I feel like the DLCs are ruining the main game. I can't see myself doing a replay one year from now and playing all of that side content bc it makes zero sense when the story revolves around a pending apocalypse that you're racing against time to prevent it from happening. It bugs me so much that EM/CD/whoever didn't think about this..

I played God of War recently. That's how you finish your ****ing game and lead the players into exploration mode. EM made a huge mistake by taking us back, they should've put in the effort to create a world post-final boss, the game would've benefitted from it big time.

This way, they're actively making it worse with every single DLC they're putting out and I can't believe this is happening bc there's no other way of saying it: it's stupid and it's hurting the game.
I perfectly agree with you: it feels like an old solution like it was done in old games (felt like FFVII when you stop the storyline and start doing secondary mission).
If this DLC where placed after the game, it would have felt much more acceptable!
__________________
We live to make the impossible possible
the_end90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.