www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 01-02-19, 16:21   #2701
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
When the game is completed you are take back before talking to etzli to go fight Dominguez, so, Trinity isn't defeated and all that.
Which sucks, since rise had a post campaign touch to it.
Yeah I remember being annoyed by that , as it makes no sense .

It's very interesting to re-explore the world in the aftermath of the main campaign , which was reinforced in Rise with a cutscene in which Lara tells Sophia about Jacob's last moments then Lara says "there's still so much to discover" followed by a game note saying "Explore !" , logically and plot-wise it doesn't feel nonsensical or contradictory for Lara to stay for a while in Siberia after fulfilling her mission there to discover stuff she didn't notice (or didn't have time for) during her race with Trinity , so I was enjoying roaming around the game world post-campaign , nothing felt off , and everything that was inflicted upon the environment during the story remained untouched , like the huge hole in the glacier over Kitezh by which Trinity broke into the city , and I was also able to explore areas I wasn't allowed to previously because of story cutscenes like the room in which Jonah was stabbed , Flooded Archives with the fallen statue and some new parts in the Acropolis (like the trap door in the big tower) .

There was a perfect opportunity for something like that in Shadow , what with Lara telling Jonah in the final cutscene that she's going to stay for a while in Paititi and help rebuild it . Instead , after the end of the game we're transported to the most urgent and tricky point in the plot for no apparent reason . Like Isaac said , you feel like the game is finished yet not finished at the same time , it's very unsatisfying . The worst offender is when you fast travel to San Juan and the Volcano is still pretty much active and I was like really ??!
Old 01-02-19, 18:26   #2702
Grimaldi
Professor

That bugged me too. I especially wanted to go back to the City of the Serpent and see if it was exploreable, but alas.
Old 01-02-19, 19:42   #2703
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synlidwirh View Post
I don't know that image looks almost like she has shorts and a shoulder holster again. While the image might not be definitive but would be so cool.

now to just wait for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I thought it looked like that too, but it's just the knee padding on the default outfit.
Didn't Morrigan already confirm it's going to be a tactical outfit, but with less accessories to make it cleaner and simpler?
Old 01-02-19, 20:11   #2704
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Didn't Morrigan already confirm it's going to be a tactical outfit, but with less accessories to make it cleaner and simpler?
this. i imagine a traditional 20th century military uniform. a basic one. if you google it you'll see what type of outfit it is.
Old 01-02-19, 20:21   #2705
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Imagine the DLC taking place in Paititi and the new outfit being restricted bc there's no fur or feathers?
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 20:36   #2706
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
Imagine the DLC taking place in Paititi and the new outfit being restricted bc there's no fur or feathers?
at this point i wont be surprised
Old 04-02-19, 10:19   #2707
jackoimina
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
When the game is completed you are take back before talking to etzli to go fight Dominguez, so, Trinity isn't defeated and all that.
Which sucks, since rise had a post campaign touch to it.
I keep thinking about this with every new Shadow DLC now. I like shadow and I've been very vocal about it here.

BUT not giving us a proper way of exploring the world AFTER the main storyline is downright stupid on so many levels.

For one, it started to severely influence my overall opinion of the game in a negative way. DLCs are pretty short and superficial with predictable stories and make no difference to the overall storyline.

DLCs are set before the final events and it further ruins the pacing which the main game had problems with anyway. Those new tombs are great but they would've been as great if explored after the main story. Who in their right mind would go do all this while they're 'on the clock' and the world is about to go to hell? How is everything all of a sudden waiting for Lara to run around discovering tombs and ****? It makes no sense whatsoever and I regret paying for the season pass bc I was looking forward to continuing to casually play the game and stay within that world AFTER Lara deals with the main threat.

I feel like the DLCs are ruining the main game. I can't see myself doing a replay one year from now and playing all of that side content bc it makes zero sense when the story revolves around a pending apocalypse that you're racing against time to prevent it from happening. It bugs me so much that EM/CD/whoever didn't think about this..

I played God of War recently. That's how you finish your ****ing game and lead the players into exploration mode. EM made a huge mistake by taking us back, they should've put in the effort to create a world post-final boss, the game would've benefitted from it big time.

This way, they're actively making it worse with every single DLC they're putting out and I can't believe this is happening bc there's no other way of saying it: it's stupid and it's hurting the game.
Old 04-02-19, 10:39   #2708
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

True tbh
Old 04-02-19, 10:52   #2709
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
I keep thinking about this with every new Shadow DLC now. I like shadow and I've been very vocal about it here.

BUT not giving us a proper way of exploring the world AFTER the main storyline is downright stupid on so many levels.

For one, it started to severely influence my overall opinion of the game in a negative way. DLCs are pretty short and superficial with predictable stories and make no difference to the overall storyline.

DLCs are set before the final events and it further ruins the pacing which the main game had problems with anyway. Those new tombs are great but they would've been as great if explored after the main story. Who in their right mind would go do all this while they're 'on the clock' and the world is about to go to hell? How is everything all of a sudden waiting for Lara to run around discovering tombs and ****? It makes no sense whatsoever and I regret paying for the season pass bc I was looking forward to continuing to casually play the game and stay within that world AFTER Lara deals with the main threat.

I feel like the DLCs are ruining the main game. I can't see myself doing a replay one year from now and playing all of that side content bc it makes zero sense when the story revolves around a pending apocalypse that you're racing against time to prevent it from happening. It bugs me so much that EM/CD/whoever didn't think about this..

I played God of War recently. That's how you finish your ****ing game and lead the players into exploration mode. EM made a huge mistake by taking us back, they should've put in the effort to create a world post-final boss, the game would've benefitted from it big time.

This way, they're actively making it worse with every single DLC they're putting out and I can't believe this is happening bc there's no other way of saying it: it's stupid and it's hurting the game.
I understand what you are saying but Rise did this too. When first arrive in Geothermal Valley you find out that Trinity is about to invade but the invasion happens only when you reach a certain checkpoint.
It is a false sensation of rushing to save the world.
Old 04-02-19, 10:54   #2710
the_end90
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post

I perfectly agree with you: it feels like an old solution like it was done in old games (felt like FFVII when you stop the storyline and start doing secondary mission).
If this DLC where placed after the game, it would have felt much more acceptable!