Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 10-09-18, 08:13   #37981
Nausinous

I'm replaying this game for the first time since it released and I'm actually surprisingly fond of it with a few omissions but overall I actually like it Colour me surprised.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 10:33   #37982
TheShadowOfMe

I've asked this in SOTTR section, so I'm gonna ask here too: Which song would fit this game? Like, we got White Flag, I Shall Rise and Speak Loud for both ROTTR and SOTTR, so I'm planning on making a small "album" and I'm open for suggestions.
TheShadowOfMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 17:49   #37983
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
I'm replaying this game for the first time since it released and I'm actually surprisingly fond of it with a few omissions but overall I actually like it Colour me surprised.
Do you like it better than your first playthrough then? It takes a little getting used to it, but as you progress you'll start appreciating the little things.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 19:18   #37984
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Do you like it better than your first playthrough then? It takes a little getting used to it, but as you progress you'll start appreciating the little things.
I didn't necessarily mind my first play through, I was quite enamored with it, and I still am somewhat. It could of been a really good game if Rihanna Pratchett had had her way, and the colour palette had more range than a puddle, but overall it's enjoyable.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 21:22   #37985
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe View Post
I've asked this in SOTTR section, so I'm gonna ask here too: Which song would fit this game? Like, we got White Flag, I Shall Rise and Speak Loud for both ROTTR and SOTTR, so I'm planning on making a small "album" and I'm open for suggestions.
I always thought ‘Survivor’ by 2WEI used in the new movie’s second trailer was a decent fit.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 21:24   #37986
TheShadowOfMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I always thought ‘Survivor’ by 2WEI used in the new movie’s second trailer was a decent fit.
Yes, but it's too movie-ish if that makes sense? IDK, I'd like songs that would sound similar to the ones we got for ROTTR and SOTTR, like indie music or something?
Other than that, it really is perfect for TR movie.
TheShadowOfMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 23:06   #37987
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe View Post
Yes, but it's too movie-ish if that makes sense? IDK, I'd like songs that would sound similar to the ones we got for ROTTR and SOTTR, like indie music or something?
Other than that, it really is perfect for TR movie.
I get what you mean. Maybe Crooked Heart, also by TRILLS? Idk, I’m not too familiar with some popular music, so I don’t have as good of a feel for this type of stuff.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 22:35   #37988
TrustyBow

After playing Shadow, I can honestly say this game still has the best set pieces of the whole trilogy.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 02:04   #37989
za.parry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
After playing Shadow, I can honestly say this game still has the best set pieces of the whole trilogy.
oh yeah definitely. Though shadows set-pieces had a good smooth fluid flow to them, they will never beat how creative and intense TR2013's are.
za.parry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 12:44   #37990
Pyro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
totally agree. TR9 was the first game I played that utilised set pieces so much, it made it feel extremely cinematic to me.
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote