www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 09-03-20, 20:59   #101
AkyV

@For the ones who are interested in that reloading feature:

Here you can download two animations (made by Krystian, one for pistol - which can be also good for Uzi for a test - and one for shotgun), to test the reloading animation feature:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vlz85...tions.zip/file

Krystian was so kind and allowed to share that.
However, they do not fit perfectly my feature - which doesn't mean they are not good enough for tests, or editing them to fit well.
In my feature the reloading animation works between idle hand positions, but Krystian made them for action hands.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-20, 00:15   #102
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Hi!

First of all I want to say that your plugin has been very helpful to me. Without it, my levels wouldn't be possible!

I am trying to make this:

Code:
GlobalTrigger=17,FGT_DISABLED + FGT_SINGLE_SHOT,GT_CONDITION_GROUP,-1,76,77,-1
TriggerGroup=76,$018000, 4, $2A8,$018000, 1, $D4; LARA IS THROWING BURNING TORCH AND IS IN ROOM 0
Parameters=PARAM_OBJECT_ADDITIONAL, 1, 0, IGNORE, IGNORE, 0
TriggerGroup=77,$2000,68,$0114
Basically if Lara is in room 0 (in the editor) and is dropping a lit torch, an audio will play.

However, the game crashes the moment i press space to drop the torch

I tried changing the room id to the one ingame (by pressing F1, which is 81), or change the Lara id to 243, which is the editor id of Lara, but it still crashes.

Can I have some help here? Thanks
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-20, 18:33   #103
AkyV

Hello!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Without it, my levels wouldn't be possible!
Thanks!

-----------

This

Code:
Parameters=PARAM_OBJECT_ADDITIONAL, 1, 0, IGNORE, IGNORE, 0
says this:

"If the room of Object#0 is according to the room index in PARAM_NUMBER_RELATION#0".

The problems are:
- Are you sure your Lara index is 0?
- PARAM_NUMBER_RELATION is missing.
- ID 0 for Parameters commands isn't tested, I suggest minimum ID1 for PARAM_NUMBER_RELATION.

So I suggest this:

Code:
Parameters=PARAM_OBJECT_ADDITIONAL, 1, [Lara ID in the editor], IGNORE, IGNORE, [PARAM_NUMBER_RELATION ID which is just 1 now]
Parameters=PARAM_NUMBER_RELATION, 1, FREL_EQUAL, 0
"If the room of Lara is according to the room index in PARAM_NUMBER_RELATION#1, which means if the room of Lara is equal with 0".

--------------------------

EDIT:

Quote:
I tried changing the room id to the one ingame
My plugins are always user-friendly with indices, always use editor indices, as you wanted originally. (Besides, game indices are not constant.)

Last edited by AkyV; 14-04-20 at 18:38.
Old 03-05-20, 14:30   #104
JMN
Explorer

Hi AkyV, I'm starting to use your 3rd plugin and wanted to ask if there is a way with PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES to only play a certain subset of samples?

For example, say I have 4 samples assigned to a sound slot. What I want to do is to only play the first 2 samples in certain places and in others only the last 2.

I read the description for FSAMPLE_SAMPLE, but that doesn't sound exactly like what I want.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 15:37   #105
AkyV

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
For example, say I have 4 samples assigned to a sound slot. What I want to do is to only play the first 2 samples in certain places
It works with FSAMPLE_SAMPLE2.

Quote:
and in others only the last 2.
True, this feature cannot work here. Only with using an unused sound only with those last samples.
Old 04-05-20, 16:26   #106
JMN
Explorer

Ok thanks, looks like I'll indeed need to use more sound slots for that to work.

Then another question, I don't get the difference between IdParamList and CaseID? Why is it needed and how does it work exactly?
Old 04-05-20, 17:22   #107
AkyV

IdParamList is a simply identification for PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES, to be noticed properly by the trigger. Its only task is this, its higher limit is 255 per level.

But, as you can see, maximum 50 modified sounds like that per level can work at the same time. This 50 slots goes for the 50 amounts of CaseID.
For example, you have all the 50 slots engaged:

PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#1 (=IdParamList#1) for CaseID#1
PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#2 (=IdParamList#2) for CaseID#2
PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#49 (=IdParamList#49) for CaseID#49
PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#50 (=IdParamList#50) for CaseID#50

(The similarity between IdParamList and and CaseID is only for making the example easier. It is not necessary at all, anyway.)

Then you need a further sound to be modified. Now you need to consider which previous sound isn't needed to be modified any more. Say, it is the changes with PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#27 (= CaseID#27).
So you remove CaseID#27 from PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#27, giving that CaseID to the newer sound defined eg. in PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#51:

- first restore the sound of PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#27 to default with a new F603 (making CaseID#27 free), then starts PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#51 with a third F603, or
- just simply start PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#51 with a new F603, which automatically restores PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#27.

Don't forget that "restore" will really restore the default sound properties only after the next load, unless (as I said at Trigger's Remark) if you activate a newer PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES (eg. #52) with the default parameters of the sound of PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#27 in the moment when you restore PARAM_SOUND_SAMPLES#27.
Naturally #52 also needs a free Case ID, but, which is good news, it can be restored even in the next moment, you don't need to engage that CaseID any more.

Last edited by AkyV; 04-05-20 at 17:26.
Old 05-05-20, 15:52   #108
JMN
Explorer

I understand now, thanks for explaining.
Old 06-06-20, 10:22   #109
Alisa97
Student

I don't know if this is a bug, but i report it.

In the PARAM_MENU_TRIGGER, if the number of 'TriggerID' or 'LinkID' will be a big one (e.g. 656),
then it doesn't work.

I tried:

32 & 132 --- OK
253 & 255 --- OK
253 & 256 --- OK
656 & 256 --- doesn't work

Here is my script:

Triggergroup=32, $2000, 62, $0,>;F62-Weather. Fog. Disable Volumetric FX (Enable fog Distance)
$2000, 227, $6C ;F227-Weather. Fog. Set <&>End Fog limit for Distance fog 12 sectors
Triggergroup=132, $2000, 61, $0 ;F61-Weather. Fog. Enable Volumetric FX (Disable fog Distance)

Parameters=PARAM_MENU_TRIGGER, 1, 1, 32, IGNORE, IGNORE, LOADSCREEN_GLOAD_F6+LOADSCREEN_TLOAD+LOADSCREEN_EX IT,>
IGNORE, 27, 132, -1

Anyway, Param_menu_Trigger is also a very useful constant.
Fog bulb doesn't work in the load screen. (It's very shame...)
So I choose 'enable Fog Distance' only during the loading phase using the Param_menu_trigger.
It works like a charm.
Thank you very much.

Last edited by Alisa97; 06-06-20 at 10:49.
Alisa97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 11:08   #110
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa97 View Post
I don't know if this is a bug, but i report it.

In the PARAM_MENU_TRIGGER, if the number of 'TriggerID' or 'LinkID' will be a big one (e.g. 656),
then it doesn't work.

I tried:

32 & 132 --- OK
253 & 255 --- OK
253 & 256 --- OK
656 & 256 --- doesn't work
Hello!
The code uses F118 trigger exported to execute a "single" TriggerGroup. F118 can use ID's from 1 to 255, perhaps this is the reason. (Though, you also use 256 successfully, which is interesting.)
In the next update of the plugin (though, I won't update it only for a single little textual info, so it will be surely later) I will mention this limitation.
Thank you for reporting it.

Quote:
Anyway, Param_menu_Trigger is also a very useful constant.
My old purpose was a function which allows you showing/triggering things during menus or loadscreens, and yes, now it is possible!
(Though, using JMN's ring inventory, the inventory part of my trigger is useless. - Sorry, these are two different codes. )

Quote:
Fog bulb doesn't work in the load screen. (It's very shame...)
So I choose 'enable Fog Distance' only during the loading phase using the Param_menu_trigger.
It works like a charm.
Wow, you solved it very cleverly!

Quote:
Thank you very much.