Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: What is your overall opinion of Shadow?
I like it. 115 47.52%
I mostly like it. 89 36.78%
I mostly dislike it. 27 11.16%
I dislike it. 11 4.55%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-09-19, 07:07   #161
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumel View Post
I feel like the first few hours of shadow were one of the strongest set pieces of the recent trilogy, however it all seemed to fall apart after Paititi.

It slowed the momentum of the story, and added in too many plot twists such as Trinity always being in control of the city etc.

Even reducing the graphics from ROTR for the city was a big mistake
For me the first half had the best story and personality for Lara and went downhill for most of the second half (except for the refinery and "try me" scenes, those were great).

But imo, the gameplay got much better after Paititi. San Juan was simply incredible.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 13:15   #162
UroshUchiha

My overall opinion is that they should have swapped the main content and optional content. The main story was dull, the optional quests and DLC tombs were where it was at for me.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 13:25   #163
Maverin

Still an incredible game. I can see it aging very well. I'm probably going to drool over it in the future, when I'm finally able to run this game at max settings in 4k with 60fps thanks to technological improvements and reduced prices.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 15:55   #164
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumel View Post
I feel like the first few hours of shadow were one of the strongest set pieces of the recent trilogy, however it all seemed to fall apart after Paititi.

It slowed the momentum of the story, and added in too many plot twists such as Trinity always being in control of the city etc.
I wholeheartedly agree with this! The game always seems to drag once Lara gets to Paititi up until San Juan that is.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 18:01   #165
Emix

Honestly all 3 games had great openings and first hour or two. But i feel like reboot still remained the best and the most interesting game till the end. Gameplay pacing was incredible.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 18:13   #166
Tomb Raidering

^
Agreed
especially TR2013 starting from
Sam’s palace rescue till the end...
(which I consider to be the game’s second half) ^.^

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 23-09-19 at 18:30.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 18:21   #167
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Honestly all 3 games had great openings and first hour or two. But i feel like reboot still remained the best and the most interesting game till the end. Gameplay pacing was incredible.
Agreed
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 19:00   #168
Chamayoo

I disagree, Rise has the best pace. A good rythme of action and peaceful moments.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 19:43   #169
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
I found Rise to have a horribly sluggish opening. The mountain climb is just semi-interactive cutscenes with no substance, and then for the next hour and a half is forced walking galore due to her constantly getting incapacitated. The cripplingly slow pace reminded me of the Assassin's Creed 3 opening.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 20:25   #170
veigafd

Good game, but nothing extraordinary. Interesting beginning, a cool premise,but done poorly.
Paititi itself is beautiful tech wise but its just a "running simulator with press action button to gather junk around". Useless village I should say; they should've used another plot instead of the village. A bunch of crazy occultists people willing to kill Lara at any cost would be way better.
The only good side about Paititi is the side tombs.
Kuwaq Yaku and the San Juan mission doesn't feel so intrusive on your gameplay compared to Paititi imo.
Also, the walking simulator sections are extremely boring after the first or second time, no replay value, useless coop component (I would prefer a pvp or endurance back) and lack of the tomb raider that she's meant to be.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote