www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 20-01-21, 10:54   #11
frankky
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
the trigger for raising block, must be normal trigger
Hi Richard
first of all I wanted to thank you for the time you dedicated to me, you were very kind, but I explained the problem wrong.

SCENE: I have 1 RAISING_OBJECT1 and 4 PUSHABLE_OBJECT1 (I use the same Pushable with codebit1-2-3-4).

OBJECTIVE: I would like to bring down the Raising only when all 4 Pusable_Object1 are on a certain sector, only then the Raising must go down.

As you explained to me this happens that the Raising goes down when any one of the Pushables is on the sector, instead I would like the Raising to go down only when all 4 pushables are in their sector.

Probably you can't even do it with TRNG.

Thanks again
Franky
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 11:28   #12
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Hi frankky,

While I haven't done this myself, I think what you're trying to do is very similar to the planetary puzzle in The Lost Library. Ensuring that only one object will trigger the correct square is explained here: https://www.treditor.hu/7/gmac/nglem..._Lost_Library).

I *think* that all you need to do is match codebits, so, quoting with slight modifications from the tutorial linked above:

1. Place four triggers for the raising block on the squares where you want the pushables to be.

2. Open the trigger window for each trigger and select trigger type 'heavyswitch'.

3. For each trigger only one codebit must be turned on. The remaining four must be turned off. This ensures that all four PUSHABLE_OBJECT's must be on their corresponding block to trigger the raising block.

(NOTE: Since you're using 4 objects rather than 5, you can put codebits 4 AND 5 onto both the last PUSHABLE_OBJECT and the final heavyswitch trigger where that object goes.)

4. Then, for each pushable: "Turn codebit 1 on (black) and leave the other codebits off (grey). This ensures, that the PUSHABLE_OBJECT1 will be able to activate only the heavyswitch trigger with codebit 1 turned on."

According to this setup, I don't think you need to trigger the pushable objects themselves, you only need to trigger the raising block four times with the associated codebits, and set each of these triggers as a heavyswitch.

Does this help?
Old 20-01-21, 14:36   #13
Richard_trle
Explorer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankky View Post
Hi Richard
first of all I wanted to thank you for the time you dedicated to me, you were very kind, but I explained the problem wrong.

SCENE: I have 1 RAISING_OBJECT1 and 4 PUSHABLE_OBJECT1 (I use the same Pushable with codebit1-2-3-4).

OBJECTIVE: I would like to bring down the Raising only when all 4 Pusable_Object1 are on a certain sector, only then the Raising must go down.

As you explained to me this happens that the Raising goes down when any one of the Pushables is on the sector, instead I would like the Raising to go down only when all 4 pushables are in their sector.

Probably you can't even do it with TRNG.

Thanks again
Franky
Hi Franky, yes you can do that with TRNG, even with TRLE you could do it, but it requires more objects (relaying Rolling balls for heavy anti trigger)

But you don't even need to put the HeavySwitch to the pushable, what you need to do is just trigger directly the object you want in question.

For that, just match the HeavySwitch codebit to each respective pushable as mentioned before and use actionNG to disable the object.

Even though it is Tomb Editor, the setup is the same for NGLE, just point to the raising block in question and set up each pushable to its respective sector.

For the raising block you just need to enable every codebit so it is auto triggered when level start
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote