Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 10-01-11, 15:24   #1
Chug a Bug

Default TR II Gold, TR3 Lost Artefact, TR Times Exclusive flight cheats

Allright, as we all know there is a flight cheat patch for TR 2-4. However this doesn't cover the TR2 Gold and TR3 Gold and TR4 Times Exclusive edition, as we all know, they don't work with these editions.

So, I have created flight cheat loaders for these versions. I've included them all zipped in a download link below.

Instructions

Install these versions of the games if you havn't already, apply the Multipatcher and make sure that everything is working correctly and that you're happy with it.

Copy each loader to the folder in which the executable is located i.e.

C:\Program Files\.....\Tomb Raider II Gold (Full Net)

for that version, and the other folders for the other versions.

Double click on the loader and it will load the game which will run as usual. The loader is transparent in operation.

Press the 'F' key for Flight mode, press 'Shift' to return to normal.

Please to enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFLGE1YB

Note to moderators: These loaders only modify the data in memory, they do not modify/alter/hexedit the executable in any way.

N.B The TR II Gold version is for the downloadable version only, it will not work with the CD version, simply because I don't have a copy of it. If someone has a copy of the CD version and would upload a copy of the game executable only (t2gold.exe) I could probably sort something out for that version.
Chug a Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 00:30   #2
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Well done, you have created a very handy tool

This makes it so easy to fly in these gold versions, as I and many others find the fly cheat very hit and miss sometimes.

Here is what you want... TR2gold.exe off the disk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7uqmy2ypqbu35aa

QUESTION....
As a matter of interest, just wondering if you can make these flight cheat loaders quite quickly and easily for the origional PC games TR2, TR3 and TR4 ?

Because if so, could you also make them as well. It would be a lot easier than the very tempermental flight patch method, Cheers Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 12-01-11 at 00:35.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 21:10   #3
Mytly

Nice work, Chug a Bug.

I'm just wondering whether this thread will get the attention it deserves in the Modding section. Perhaps it should be in the Lost Artifact section (as that is the only Gold which has a section of its own). I could move it there if you like.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-11, 19:57   #4
Chug a Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Well done, you have created a very handy tool

This makes it so easy to fly in these gold versions, as I and many others find the fly cheat very hit and miss sometimes.

Here is what you want... TR2gold.exe off the disk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7uqmy2ypqbu35aa

QUESTION....
As a matter of interest, just wondering if you can make these flight cheat loaders quite quickly and easily for the origional PC games TR2, TR3 and TR4 ?

Because if so, could you also make them as well. It would be a lot easier than the very tempermental flight patch method, Cheers Chi
Sorry I havn't logged in for a while.

Yes, sure, I can create loaders for the other files if you want. Give me a few days and I'm sure I can sort something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
Nice work, Chug a Bug.

I'm just wondering whether this thread will get the attention it deserves in the Modding section. Perhaps it should be in the Lost Artifact section (as that is the only Gold which has a section of its own). I could move it there if you like.
Sure, if you like, whatever you think is best.

Last edited by Chug a Bug; 15-01-11 at 20:00.
Old 15-01-11, 20:29   #5
Mytly

It's your choice, really.

Moving now.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-11, 20:34   #6
Croft_Original

Nice one Chug a Bug, thanks for the link

Croft.
Croft_Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 16:52   #7
Chug a Bug

Ok as requested here are the loaders for the other games. Give them a try and see what happens. They're all working here at any rate.

Tomb Raider 2-4 and TR2 Gold CD version Flight Cheat Loaders

Instructions as per my first post.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FW5KDZGX

Please to enjoy.

--Notes--

1)These cheats were created using the English language files supplied by the Tomb Raider Chronicles' Multipatcher. They may not work on other versions.

2)There are now two versions of the TR2 Gold flight cheat loader - one for the Downloadable version and one for the CD version - do not get them mixed up! If you get a "Wrong filesize!" error message thats the reason, or you're using files not supplied by the the Multipatcher. The same thing applies to the TR4 The Last Revelation and TR4 The Times Exclusive editions - there are now two separate loaders one for each version.

3)TR4 The Last Revelation had a bug supplied by the original flight patch in which she would not move forward - this is now fixed in my loader.

4)In TR4 The Last Revelation you won't be able to fly against water currents and itstill won't work on some levels (those without water?) and varous strange things may happen if you try. Obviously you're trying to do something never intended by the designers so it's hardly surprising. Perhaps these levels have missing animations?

Created by Chug a Bug, Jan 2011.
Old 17-01-11, 22:45   #8
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Well done and thanks, I will try them this week sometime

'WATER CURRENT PROBLEMS' AND BEING 'SUCKED OUT OF THE SKY' GLITCH.....

In answer to your water current problem in TR4, and the fact that some fly methods, especially using the sneaky method of using the UPV (underwater propulsion vehicle in air) to fly lara in TR3, tends to suck lara straight out of the sky if there is water below her, but there is a solution if the game is running on the 'C' drive as a custom level.

The solution is simple, just remove the water from the TR model room which is causing the problem, lara will then fly over it without any glitches.

Here is how to do it, from my tutorial on water removal for TR1 to TRC ....
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=151268
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 08:59   #9
Dark Lugia 2

This looks fantastic, chug a bug! I'll be sure to try it out later today when I can. Thanks for your hard work!
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-11, 22:37   #10
Tiddlyfish13

I can't wait to try this out! I finally have a reason to play this again!

Edit: It didn't work. What is there a reason why that may be?

Last edited by Tiddlyfish13; 27-02-11 at 04:45.
Tiddlyfish13 is offline   Reply With Quote