Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-02-13, 01:42   #10041
Miharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
RE6 controls where too fluid for me, RE5 was clunky yet easy to control, with 6, i found myself fighting with the camera alot more and running into enemies and walls even more often
This.
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 03:37   #10042
Mr GaGa

I actually mastered RE6 controls, It's not difficult at all to me. The dive is very helpful for dodging and the combat is more engaging than in re5 IMO
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 03:48   #10043
Dia2blo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
RE6 controls where too fluid for me, RE5 was clunky yet easy to control, with 6, i found myself fighting with the camera alot more and running into enemies and walls even more often
I loved Resi 6's controls. I can go back (I've played Rev. & 5 since) but nothing else compares to it's fluidity. Being able to react on a whim is awesome.
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 04:40   #10044
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
I loved Resi 6's controls. I can go back (I've played Rev. & 5 since) but nothing else compares to it's fluidity. Being able to react on a whim is awesome.
That's the problem, good horror games need shoddy controls. Name one good survival horror game that doesn't have either tanky or just poor controls.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 04:53   #10045
robm_2007

Making a character move poorly, only to increase the amount of tension and fear of not dying is stupid. Also, the idea that a survival horror game needs this to be successful is dumb. Also, how many survival horror games are there in current gen? Horror is kinda rare for the most part. Plenty games in the previous generations have crap controls as is.

Though, it's not survival, Alan Wake has good (enough) controls. As did Dead Island, though FPS controls are pretty basic all around.

Last edited by robm_2007; 15-02-13 at 04:55.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 05:04   #10046
Uzi master

If you give characters free movement that's very fluid the players start to feel in control, not something that's great for horror. And Dead islands movement was clunky and delayed at times, actually.

RE6 took fluid controls to the point where it made moving the characters worse, as if the goal was to make the game as un-scary as possible whilst still being bad at everything else.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 05:06   #10047
MangelinaJolie

RE6 isn't even a horror game anyway. 5 isn't either. Putting down the good controls because you dislike the genre direction isn't really fair.

And no offense to anybody, but if you dislike the controls because you are running into walls, etc. that's on you. That's not the games fault. It's yours for not controlling it properly. :/
MangelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 05:17   #10048
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangelinaJolie View Post
And no offense to anybody, but if you dislike the controls because you are running into walls, etc. that's on you. That's not the games fault. It's yours for not controlling it properly. :/
I don't think so. Look at AOD. It has the worst controls to get used to of any game I've ever played. By some miracle was I able to get to know how the terrible mechanics worked, and even then was Lara acting like I was mashing every button at once, while jerking both analog sticks. Don't get me started on TRU; that abortion of a camera was making a simple back flip turn into her doing 3 rolls, and a throw a grenade while crouching >.> (Though all this only matters if we talk about poor controls in general).

RE5's controls are tanky and slow, but they are at consistent. RE6 was really loose and allowed for greater freedom, but the animations and other actions didn't connect as well as they should have.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 05:17   #10049
Uzi master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangelinaJolie View Post
RE6 isn't even a horror game anyway. 5 isn't either. Putting down the good controls because you dislike the genre direction isn't really fair.

The controls are not good, and the last part, you could say that for any game, the old Resi's as well. There's plenty of action games with better controls than 6.

Running into walls is hardly a problem, but standing next to the wall and the character deciding they want to use it for cover without my decision is.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-13, 05:42   #10050
MangelinaJolie

I think they're fine, hence why I said what I said. I literally have no issues with them at all. In fact, I find it rather easy and fluid to control.
MangelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote