www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 20-06-19, 15:11   #451
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
"very common for Nintendo. See the Wii Mini"

You do know the Wii Mini was the first console redesign they did since the SNES and the WiiU did not at all?
I wouldn't count on the Mini being any possible evidence. Now their handheld lineup... Yes, that's a good tactic.
Sure, but shows a modern precedent for success home consoles. I bet the Wii U would have had one as well if, well, it wasn't the Wii U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
If the joycons don’t detach, does that mean you can’t dock it? That sucks. I play my switch docked like 90% of the time.
The mini is for those who want a cheaper alternative. It doesn't really matter because it won't be the more powerful model.

Now, if the Switch Pro isn't also an hybrid, that would suck.
Old 20-06-19, 22:25   #452
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

I just hope they improve the joycons because they have a major flaw down the road with long term use.
Old 23-06-19, 03:11   #453
scremanie
Tomb Raider

What is the flaw?
Old 25-06-19, 00:40   #454
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I just hope they improve the joycons because they have a major flaw down the road with long term use.
Yes what is the flaw?. Explain
Old 25-06-19, 01:28   #455
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

The flaw was explained in this thread by a professional who torn down the joy cons to understand why it happens.

After some time of owning the joycons they will begin to drift, like the character will move on it's own or the camera. This issue is rampant and effects a lot of people who own the joycons.

The problem that is causing it is the fact that a part of the sticks are made from a forum of graphite that over time scrapes off when you move the stick around and the build up causes the joy cons to drift.

The solution to fixing it is to either spray electric contact cleaner in order to dissolve the graphite and get them working again or to take it apart and replace the sticks. Nintendo is aware of the issue, but has yet to make a recall on them. For now I carry a can of the spray just in case they ever drift again, but I hope Nintendo fixes them in a new iteration of the Switch.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ed_some_light/
Old 25-06-19, 10:47   #456
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

I'm curious if it's a overall design flaw or a batch problem. The internal design of the sticks is pretty similar to the nub on the PSP, 3DS and sticks of the Vita in terms of how it works, and I don't recall those having the same issues. My four joy-con so far still work perfectly. But curious if it'll stay that way over time or not.
Old 26-06-19, 20:49   #457
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
I'm curious if it's a overall design flaw or a batch problem. The internal design of the sticks is pretty similar to the nub on the PSP, 3DS and sticks of the Vita in terms of how it works, and I don't recall those having the same issues. My four joy-con so far still work perfectly. But curious if it'll stay that way over time or not.
I'm curious as well, from the sound of it the joy cons seems to have an overall design flaw, possibly an oversight when trying to get the technology costs down for people to buy them. Do you play with them a lot or play a lot of action games where your moving the stick around alot?

I currently own two pairs and both of them eventually had the problem around 6 months of ownership. The suggested spray though does work. I haven't had to spray them again and it's been around 2 months since the first application of the spray.
Old 26-06-19, 21:25   #458
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

I mostly play with the Pro Controller, but use them often enough in portable mode and share the controller around when playing multiplayer. Don't have a problem with them, and they're used quite often for Smash multi player.
Old 27-06-19, 02:57   #459
scremanie
Tomb Raider

I know that a few launch models had issues with the joy cons, but the batch was soon phased out and new ones have had no issues. I’ve had my console since launch and use only the joy cons, and I’ve had zero problems :/
Old 27-06-19, 03:42   #460
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Well I must be pretty unlucky then because both pairs of my joycons had the issue. Lucky for me though the spray works perfectly so I can play with them now without any worries.