www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 25-06-19, 02:36   #691
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

I really hope Roar Uthaug returns, he really understood Lara so well and did an amazing job. We NEED a director who is in-touch with the series, and he is.
Old 25-06-19, 08:46   #692
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I really hope Roar Uthaug returns, he really understood Lara so well and did an amazing job. We NEED a director who is in-touch with the series, and he is.
I really hope he doesn't because for a first movie it's was made competently but it lack of fresh ideas (wich Ben Withley could bring to the table) or a new director.
Old 25-06-19, 09:38   #693
Portugalraider
Professor

I'm ambivalent. I really liked how the movie was directed, and most of the lack of ambition came, I think, from a poor, unambitious script. So I would be very much glad if Roar returned.

At the same time, I wouldn't mind a new director if they did an as good or better job than Roar did. Someone good at filming/framing good character-establishing shots. It's the thing I thing the movie was mostly lacking (which is a shame, because they had that "Lara in the mid of rubble and dust" shot that was fairly used in the marketing campaign but is nowhere near the movie).

What the movie does need is a new, better sound designer. Still salty about them wasting such a great OST... -_-
Old 25-06-19, 12:34   #694
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I want him back too. He seemed like he really cared about Lara's character. It's not his fault that the script was not better. He did what he could with what he got. I think that he deserves a second chance. Anyways the next movie needs to be epic. Bring back the big tombs and great action.

Can you imagine an epic adventure with a amazing story.
We haven't had one of those in a while.

There is currently nothing like indiana Jones or Tomb Raider out there afaik. Make Tomb Raider great. I wish I could say make Tomb Raider great again, but we never had a great movie so far. The first two were mediocre movies at best.
Old 25-06-19, 13:19   #695
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I want him back too. He seemed like he really cared about Lara's character. It's not his fault that the script was not better. He did what he could with what he got. I think that he deserves a second chance. Anyways the next movie needs to be epic. Bring back the big tombs and great action.

Can you imagine an epic adventure with a amazing story.
We haven't had one of those in a while.

There is currently nothing like indiana Jones or Tomb Raider out there afaik. Make Tomb Raider great. I wish I could say make Tomb Raider great again, but we never had a great movie so far. The first two were mediocre movies at best.
If he don't spend the budget in real set maybe that could work, but I think I want someone with experience and a fresh mind to step up Tomb Raider.

This time they don't need to be shy to make Lara iconic. I understood why she wasn't glorified in the first movie because it's her debut but in the second they need to make her an unforgiveable character.
Old 25-06-19, 13:41   #696
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

With the origin out fot he way I don't think they should worry about continuing in the vein of the games. It's a separate continuity anyway they should take more original approaches.
Old 25-06-19, 14:38   #697
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I'm ambivalent. I really liked how the movie was directed, and most of the lack of ambition came, I think, from a poor, unambitious script. So I would be very much glad if Roar returned.

At the same time, I wouldn't mind a new director if they did an as good or better job than Roar did. Someone good at filming/framing good character-establishing shots. It's the thing I thing the movie was mostly lacking (which is a shame, because they had that "Lara in the mid of rubble and dust" shot that was fairly used in the marketing campaign but is nowhere near the movie).

What the movie does need is a new, better sound designer. Still salty about them wasting such a great OST... -_-
Iím in the same boat. Roar was great, and I think he was part of what helped the movie despite the poor script. Plus, he does seem to have his own fond memories with the series, so thatís never a bad thing.
Old 25-06-19, 16:26   #698
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Those logo's are very well done but I'm hoping for something a bit more simplistic / minimalistic for the sequel.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 19:22   #699
Ellioft
Professor

Ben Wheathley is currently shooting Rebecca's remake with Kristen Scott Thomas and Keelly Hawes.

Also for the sequel I want one editor and not three
I think this have disaventaged the movie because some scenes have a few technical issues (One editor and one who control everything).

Last edited by Ellioft; 25-06-19 at 19:57.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 21:14   #700
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

The last film only had one editor.