www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 25-06-19, 11:55   #761
Zsott
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
The problem with the scientist is that there's no TMT file. We have his facial animations but since we don't have his blendshapes we'll never know how he was supposed to appear ingame.
Dumb question:
Is it possible to attach a TMT file of an another character? Just to see, if there is any animation that corresponds to the scientist' ones?
Like, if there is 3 file that triggers 3 different parts of his animations, then those could be edited in one...

Or are these completely unique?
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 14:45   #762
nakamichi680
Explorer

nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 16:48   #763
Samz
Professor

Some more observations.

The Respawning Boran X clip in the fight with the proto-gives two clips per-pick-up, on PC it's always respawns while on PS2, it only respawns when Kurtis is completely out of ammo, also turns out I was wrong, the Scorpion X ammo in the lockers always gives you two clips, even on PC.

The Boran X ammo in the vents (When you need to blow up the propane tanks.) only stops respawning when you blow up all 3. (while you only need to blow one up to destroy the broken ladder.)

Luddick's Corpse isn't actually in the interrogation room til' the cutscene happens.

It seems the game has a "force weapon" function, its used on the ultimate cheat disc to let you use any weapon (though you can't change weapons til' you restart the game.) and it seems to be used in Kurtis's levels, since you can equip the Boran X even on PC where it isn't actually in your inventory, since while you "have" the weapon and even how much ammo in it is still kept track of between levels but its not actually in your inventory, I guess like what happens in TR3 if you don't pick up the duals again in Nevada.

Its intresting because if the Ultimate cheat disc is any indication, it actually bypasses "removing" the last equipped weapon, so Lara will still have whatever weapon you last equipped on her model.

When using the "Boran X" as Lara (where its the two invisible dual pistols) Lara will always fire 2 shots at once, unlike the Vector where she'll start firing shots alternatively.

The "short hop" move is bugged on PC as it sometimes (not too sure what causes it, being too close to the end maybe?) makes Lara go off to the left/right, usually resulting in death where it's needed, never happened to me on PS2, its also the only jump (without the rapidly tapping the fire key before and during jumping glitch.) where Lara/Kurtis can normally fire.

Strafing works alot better on PS2, its pretty clear the PC version is very poorly using the keyboard to emulate the analog stick when in combat, not to an unusable extent but its pretty obvious when you play both versions, moving right on PC has Lara move to the right but also slightly fowards while she moves directly right (not moving fowards at all) on PS2.

Last edited by Samz; 25-06-19 at 17:12.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 19:22   #764
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Dumb question:
Is it possible to attach a TMT file of an another character? Just to see, if there is any animation that corresponds to the scientist' ones?
Like, if there is 3 file that triggers 3 different parts of his animations, then those could be edited in one...

Or are these completely unique?
The file is missing. There's nothing to attach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
The "short hop" move is bugged on PC as it sometimes (not too sure what causes it, being too close to the end maybe?) makes Lara go off to the left/right, usually resulting in death where it's needed, never happened to me on PS2, its also the only jump (without the rapidly tapping the fire key before and during jumping glitch.) where Lara/Kurtis can normally fire.
I think it's actually design. A lot of keyboards don't support pressing left, alt and shift at the same time. Because of that they made it so when you press shift+alt without any directional button, Lara will always hop to the left.

Last edited by Caesum; 26-06-19 at 19:27.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 19:30   #765
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
The file is missing. There's nothing to attach.

I think it's actually design. A lot of keyboards don't support pressing left, alt and shift at the same time. Because of that they made it so when you press shift+alt without any directional button, Lara will always hop to the left.
You don't press left though?

you just press walk and jump at the same time.

Works flawlessly on PS2 and not always on PC.
Old 26-06-19, 19:53   #766
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
You don't press left though?

you just press walk and jump at the same time.
Quote:

This doesn't apply to PS2 because, obviously, you have a gamepad there which allows clicking all the buttons and analog stick at once.

Last edited by Caesum; 26-06-19 at 19:55.
Old 26-06-19, 20:09   #767
Samz
Professor

Quote:

This doesn't apply to PS2 because, obviously, you have a gamepad there which allows clicking all the buttons and analog stick at once.
But you DON'T move the analog stick.

The short-hop doesn't actually require Lara to be moving for it.

You just press walk and jump at the same time and Lara hops fowards.

It only happens on PC If lara is too close to the edge of the ledge, the walk function TURNS Lara away from ledges normally, in other words, the PC version uses an earlier build where the game doesn't disable the walk function's re-directing away from ledges immedietly while the PS2 version does have that fix.

Last edited by Samz; 26-06-19 at 20:14.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 20:12   #768
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Either way it doesn't have the limitation of the keyboards, so there's no need for Lara to automatically hop sideways.
Old 26-06-19, 20:15   #769
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Either way it doesn't have the limitation of the keyboards, so there's no need for Lara to automatically hop sideways.
I mean the short fowards hop you do when even the regular jump is too far, not the sideflip.

Its (probably) due to the game not disabling the re-directing from ledges function of the walk button in time, which the PS2 version fixed.
Old 26-06-19, 20:20   #770
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I'm talking about the same hop.

Also I have checked this right now and (un)fortunately my laptop keyboard doesn't have the 3 buttons buffer limit, BUT I found out the way Lara hops is directly related to which directional key was pressed last before Lara performed the hop.

So, for example, if you were standing, then clicked left button once, and only then clicked ALT+SHIFT, Lara would always hop to the left.
If you stand and click right button, and then afterwards click ALT+SHIFT she will hop to the right. The same happens with hopping forward.

I still think it's actually design made because of the 3 buttons limit of the early/cheap keyboards. The PS2 version doesn't have this behavior since gamepads do not have such limit.

Last edited by Caesum; 26-06-19 at 20:21.