www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 10-06-19, 10:03   #14601
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Probably because teen Lara had just come off Wonder Woman to ride the coat tails of that movie a bit. It's a shame because Maisie looked just like Alicia. I would have chosen Gideon Adlon for teen Lara. Technically she's not a teen but she could pass.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 10-06-19 at 10:37.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 10:08   #14602
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Probably because teen Lara had just come off Wonder Woman to ride the coat tails of that movie a bit. It's a shame because Maisie looked just like Alicia. I would have chosen Gideon Adlon for teen Lara. Technical she's not a teen but she could pass.
Yeah! She would have been a better choices than the chick from WW.
Old 10-06-19, 12:04   #14603
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I was watching I am Mother made by Netflix and I couldn't help but wonder why they did not chose Clara Rugaard to play Lara in the flashback scene with Richard when she's shooting the apple.

The actress that they went with looked nothing like Alicia.
I totally agree, it was a shame expecially because the youngest version of Lara (the one that gets the necklace) was perfect as Tonyrobinson said.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 10-06-19 at 12:07.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 14:36   #14604
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I totally agree, it was a shame expecially because the youngest version of Lara (the one that gets the necklace) was perfect as Tonyrobinson said.
What a fantastic choice, she definitely could pass as a younger Alicia Lara. And even looks like an older version of the young young Lara too.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-19, 07:03   #14605
_Seth
Explorer

There weren't any deleted scenes (available to view) for the 2018 film were there?
Old 29-06-19, 07:17   #14606
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
There weren't any deleted scenes (available to view) for the 2018 film were there?
Nope.
Old 29-06-19, 07:36   #14607
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

No deleted scenes to be viewed but from what I have sourced to be filmed and not included where:

Interior Manor scenes with Lara (Wilton House Instagram)
Extended scenes with Sophie at the gym (official stills)
Scenes with Sophie, her daughter and Lara (TV spot)
More scenes of young Lara with a toy bow (Game informer set report)
A beach altercation with an island merc (official still and B Roll footage)

Alternative scenes featuring Lara and her motorcycle instead of the white car at the end. (BTS footage)

Lara has an extended fight on the ladder above the chasm of souls with Mathias. (Art book)

Also on one of the stunt actresses Instagram we scene them rehearsing a fight using dual axes weeks before filming. My guess this was the scene were Lara fights with the ax only it was more brutal in rehearsal and prolonged with an extra ax.

Speculative:

For the longest time they'd had someone in the cast list as being Himiko's hand maiden, this was backed by the actresses page on the talent site Mandy if I recall correctly.

It could be possible they'd filmed a small flashback scene inside the Tomb which makes sense considering we are told that Himiko was buried with her hand maidens.

It also makes sense why the intro would get used twice in the film instead of showing us two alternating scenes. My guess is that it was probably filmed and ditched last minute because the footage wasn't good enough or it slowed the pace.

Also if I recall correctly there was supposed to be a female merc in the cast and she was posting on Instagram for a while during the shoot.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 29-06-19 at 07:46.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-19, 08:08   #14608
Ellioft
Professor

The thing is for every film shooted you start with all the raw footage to form a non edited version of the movie sometimes this one is longer than 2 hours and then the editing start, it's when all the scenes are chosen to make the final result. So it's possible we have see some scenes from this raw footage.

There's also the test screening with at least 2 versions of the movie maybe some scenes we have seen are a part of one version particulary.

For a much more understanding of the process

Also Warner are terrible to make bonus in their releases usually.

Last edited by Ellioft; 29-06-19 at 09:42.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-19, 14:56   #14609
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

I hope they’ll release the deleted scenes, eventually. Maybe in anticipation for the sequel, later on that is, they’ll rerelease it with some new extras? One can hope.
Old 29-06-19, 17:20   #14610
_Seth
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
No deleted scenes to be viewed but from what I have sourced to be filmed and not included where:

Interior Manor scenes with Lara (Wilton House Instagram)
Extended scenes with Sophie at the gym (official stills)
Scenes with Sophie, her daughter and Lara (TV spot)
More scenes of young Lara with a toy bow (Game informer set report)
A beach altercation with an island merc (official still and B Roll footage)

Alternative scenes featuring Lara and her motorcycle instead of the white car at the end. (BTS footage)

Lara has an extended fight on the ladder above the chasm of souls with Mathias. (Art book)

Also on one of the stunt actresses Instagram we scene them rehearsing a fight using dual axes weeks before filming. My guess this was the scene were Lara fights with the ax only it was more brutal in rehearsal and prolonged with an extra ax.

Speculative:

For the longest time they'd had someone in the cast list as being Himiko's hand maiden, this was backed by the actresses page on the talent site Mandy if I recall correctly.

It could be possible they'd filmed a small flashback scene inside the Tomb which makes sense considering we are told that Himiko was buried with her hand maidens.

It also makes sense why the intro would get used twice in the film instead of showing us two alternating scenes. My guess is that it was probably filmed and ditched last minute because the footage wasn't good enough or it slowed the pace.

Also if I recall correctly there was supposed to be a female merc in the cast and she was posting on Instagram for a while during the shoot.
Thanks for the info.