www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 25-04-14, 00:51   #521
Ado Croft
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
@Ado Croft: if it says that problem is in script, most likely you're trying to trigger wrong track ID or something is wrong with soundtrack.lua. Are you sure you have it in /scripts folder?
OPS, I forgot to add soundtrack.lua to script folder Now, it works
Good job, again

Last edited by Ado Croft; 25-04-14 at 00:52.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 06:00   #522
Lwmte
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatulka View Post
When I compile yesterday code commits I get this errors:
Code:
CMakeFiles/OpenTomb.dir/audio.cpp.o: In function `StreamTrack::~StreamTrack()':
audio.cpp:(.text+0xc53): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
Whoops, sorry, I forgot to add ogg sources to CMakeLists.txt. I haven't worked with CMake, but I suppose you should add ogg entry to it... Try this one.

P.S.: I'm not sure I should include ogg/*.h* string into FILE(GLOB PRJ_HDR) section in CMakeLists... shouldn't it be enough to have it in FILE(GLOB OGG_FILES)? I think that vobject should verify that.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 08:42   #523
pmatulka
Hobbyist

I'm a moron. In fact, I should note this.
With updated CMakeLists.txt compile a code without problems.

Still I would like to repeat my earlier request.
Quote:
change the "build type" in CMakeLists.txt to Release
Quote:
add pthread to TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES in CMakeLists.txt
and add linux build instruction to readme file.
pmatulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 11:07   #524
AdenClements
Historian

Quote:
@AdenClements: do you have pthreadGC2.dll in your OpenTomb folder? Maybe it crashes because library isn't found.
I have now placed that DLL in there and I get the same thing...

What exactly do you need to do in order to set it all up correctly?
Old 27-04-14, 16:45   #525
Lwmte
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdenClements View Post
What exactly do you need to do in order to set it all up correctly?
Honestly, I don't know, maybe your hardware doesn't support something specified in config.lua file. Try to set anisotropy = 0 and / or antialias = 0, maybe z_depth = 16 in video section, also disable OpenAL environmental effects in audio section use_effects = 0. If it will work after this, then it means either your videocard or sound card doesn't support certain option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatulka View Post
Still I would like to repeat my earlier request.
I have no experience with CMake whatsoever, because I can't even download it into my Ubuntu, since it doesn't work with my Wi-Fi router! So I looked at CMakeLists.txt structure and tried to add pthread there, but I'm not sure if it'll work or not. Check it out! If it will work, I'll push it into repository. If it won't, please fix it up and send it to me, and I will update it.
Old 27-04-14, 21:16   #526
vobject
Hobbyist

Hi everyone,

the new audio and trigger functionality is just amazing!
I imagine the new trigger support really has unlimited potential

As usual, when a new external library gets added, the CMake script must be modified to include it.

@Lwmte
I would ask you to update the CMakeLists.txt to this file (if it works for pmatulka, see below): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...CMakeLists.txt
It is basically the current script from my forked repository without references to AntTweakBar.

@pmatulka
I changed the script to build a Release binary by default. However, I did not explicitly add the pthread library. I am a little confused about why pthread has to be added on your machine. You once told me you use the SDL2 PPA from https://launchpad.net/~zoogie/+archive/sdl2-snapshots. As far as I can see this specifies pthread as a dependency for SDL2: try executing pkg-config sdl2 --libs on your command line (which is what CMake does internally). Does it print -lSDL2 -lpthread? Do you have the libsdl2-dev package installed? Do you use the latest SDL2 version?

If it still does not work, the easiest way to fix it would be to simply add pthread at the end of the TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES macro. But I am trying to find out if there is maybe something different wrong in general.

Last edited by vobject; 27-04-14 at 21:19. Reason: Forgot link to CMakeLists.txt
vobject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-14, 21:36   #527
Lwmte
Explorer

Hi! Trigger functionality is surely astonishing, as Lua is a much much more powerful tool than hardcoded and pseudo-scripted classic TR routines. Currently it's pretty straightforward (you can tell this by the structure of LEVEL2_trigger.lua file), but TeslaRus currently writes another system, which will dynamically link script functions to specific items for every engine version.

As for pthread dependency - if I remember correctly, TeslaRus added it to move OpenAL processing to seperate thread. But in fact, current engine version suffers from lags because streaming isn't in the seperate thread (yet) - for some reason, sometimes it takes up to 2 seconds to load ogg file! I have asked TeslaRus if he can move streaming routines to another thread, because it's getting really annoying to have freeze-up before playback (however, it reminds me TR1-2 days with CD-audio, which also lagged because of spin-ups! )

P.S.: I have updated CMakeLists.txt in SF repo, thank you!
Old 27-04-14, 21:50   #528
vobject
Hobbyist

@Lwmte
I was wondering why most of the triggers did not work under Linux:

Could you please change engine.cpp:842 luaL_dofile(lua, "scripts\\sys_scripts.lua"); to luaL_dofile(lua, "scripts/sys_scripts.lua"); to make the path delimiter linux-friendly It should also work on Windows.

Thanks
vobject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-14, 22:11   #529
Lwmte
Explorer

Done!
Old 28-04-14, 17:11   #530
AdenClements
Historian

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know, maybe your hardware doesn't support something specified in config.lua file. Try to set anisotropy = 0 and / or antialias = 0, maybe z_depth = 16 in video section, also disable OpenAL environmental effects in audio section use_effects = 0. If it will work after this, then it means either your videocard or sound card doesn't support certain option.

I have no experience with CMake whatsoever, because I can't even download it into my Ubuntu, since it doesn't work with my Wi-Fi router! So I looked at CMakeLists.txt structure and tried to add pthread there, but I'm not sure if it'll work or not. Check it out! If it will work, I'll push it into repository. If it won't, please fix it up and send it to me, and I will update it.
It's definitely not my hardware, my PC is built for editing HD footage - and as I have previously stated I booted up a different version of the engine, however this wouldn't let me take control of Lara, I could only fly around as a camera in the levels.

Could you perhaps detail the setup process of running this engine please?