www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 23-06-19, 20:37   #1041
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
wow so I can only earn 5000 coins in one day? Then the multiplier is turned off? Thatís BS. Thereís literally no incentive to play after that... I s2g...

The rubber banding and the new AI are what make this game unnecessarily difficult, Iíll be ahead of pinstripe, and without a boost heíll speed ahead of me, move in front of me, and throw a bomb back at me... thatís not a challenge, thatís cheap AI that literally rigged against you.
Yeah, you can only earn 5000 a day before the multiplier doesnít work anymore. Itís back to earning the usual. It is annoying.

Yeah, the new AI and the difficulty settings are very difficult. Pinstripe gave me more trouble than Oxide. The awful thing is that Pinstripe, the way his AI works, thatís what Hard is like but everyone has the perks.

Theyíre faster than you always, even without boost. They use all the weapons. They understand boost and how it works and how to get away with it more often. It sucks.
Old 23-06-19, 21:30   #1042
TRfan23
Gold Contributor

I managed to yesterday complete Adventure Mode on Medium (100%), but there is no way I am going to platinum the game. Just look at the trophies for the Time Trials to beat both ghosts N. Trophy (somewhat doable) and Nitrous Oxide's (impossible wut!) times like wtf XD

Have yet to even try Hard on any track atm, but tbh on nearly every track you just have to drift and boost most of the time to get ahead even on Medium I find. Hard is just going to be near to impossible I'm guessing.

The Wumpa Coins system is need silly.
Old 23-06-19, 22:34   #1043
Yunaīs Wish
Tomb Raider

I'll keep playing now. I stopped after Ripper Roo.

If complaints about difficulty are loud enough, I can see the developers balancing things via patch.
Old 24-06-19, 00:27   #1044
sheepman23
Relic Hunter

Beat Tropy's time on half of the time trials today - I'll tackle the rest soon. I will not rest until I've Platinum trophied this game lol.

Spent probably an hour on Sewer Speedway; the shortcut is quite buggy this time around. There seems to be a lot less consistency with the kart jumping mechanics this time around, but that's really the only gripe I can come up with the game so far. It's simply been wonderful.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-19, 00:45   #1045
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
Beat Tropy's time on half of the time trials today - I'll tackle the rest soon. I will not rest until I've Platinum trophied this game lol.

Spent probably an hour on Sewer Speedway; the shortcut is quite buggy this time around. There seems to be a lot less consistency with the kart jumping mechanics this time around, but that's really the only gripe I can come up with the game so far. It's simply been wonderful.
There are a couple time trials I did where I actually beat Tropy!
UNFORTUNATELY I WASNT RACING HIS GHOST SO I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN..
so upset.

Anyway, EVERYONE! BEWARE OF A GAME CRASHING SAVE BUG

It appears to only be on PS4. The game will crash and when you reload it your save files will be corrupt. Even backing up your files via USB or PS+ cloud storage is not a 100% guarantee that it’ll save you if the bug should occur.

Mostly happens while doing time trials, CTR token runs, and seldom playing online.

BE CAREFUL! Beenox is aware and is making a patch to fix it
Old 25-06-19, 05:16   #1046
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Coin system is officially broken for me... Last night I was only getting 30-70 coins, if I was lucky, I figured I was at my cap for the night, well tonight I get back on and Iím still barely making 100 coins per race.. this is ridiculous.
Old 25-06-19, 06:47   #1047
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Coin system is officially broken for me... Last night I was only getting 30-70 coins, if I was lucky, I figured I was at my cap for the night, well tonight I get back on and Iím still barely making 100 coins per race.. this is ridiculous.
Lots of people are reporting the same thing.
Happened to me today earlier. I made a good few races with hundreds of coins, then only maybe 40, then back to 400-800..
itís broken for a lot of people.
Old 25-06-19, 17:05   #1048
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Lots of people are reporting the same thing.
Happened to me today earlier. I made a good few races with hundreds of coins, then only maybe 40, then back to 400-800..
itís broken for a lot of people.
I think Iím done playing until the Grand Prix comes out, or until they fix the coin system. Itís a shame theyíve ruined such a fun experience with the typical shoe-horned unrewarding grind system.
Old 25-06-19, 18:37   #1049
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Quote:
I think Iím done playing until the Grand Prix comes out, or until they fix the coin system. Itís a shame theyíve ruined such a fun experience with the typical shoe-horned unrewarding grind system.
You can thank Activision for that!
Old 28-06-19, 00:35   #1050
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Finally got my hands on this game

Is there a way to tell which of those extra CTR tokken/relic challenges one has left to do? I'm referring to the CNK tracks of course, outside the adventure mode.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote