www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-09-16, 19:58   #21
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,767
Default

I wanted to download the tool, but the site says:
"Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 10:00   #22
Rapta
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
I wanted to download the tool, but the site says:
"Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"
Click on the day and it'll automatically download - https://web.archive.org/web/*/https:...bed/gibbed.zip
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 14:06   #23
NGCHunter2
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 6
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
2.3. To unpack the DRM simply, drag and drop the .DRM file onto DRM.EXE.

First, thank you for this awesome tool you created and shared with the community!

I've got one problem though; unpacking the bigfile-archives (Gibbed's Bigfile Unpacker) from 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' (PC) works well and I get a bunch of .DRM files, yet I can't get your Extractor to work. Whenever I drag/drop a .DRM file on it, a black command window appears for a split second; via screen capturing I was able to read the prompt itself, and it says:
"Fatal Error: Version mis-match! expected: 19 got: 1297237059"

Therefore, I tried pretty much all of the other extractor-DRM files (XBox/PS3 and Legend/Anniversary), but - as intended - they don't work.

Any idea what's causing this? I'm using Windows 10 64-bit, and the the Steam version of TRU, but it seems to be identical (comparing file size/save file compability); I could try to dig up my physical TRU copy, but I would've to uninstall the Steam version/reinstall the physical version (and then vice versa) and so on only to verify whether the problem still occurs, so I wanted to ask here quickly whether that program is of an... unusual origin or whether there is a know fix for it.

Thanks beforehand for reading through, and sorry for the necropost.

Last edited by NGCHunter2; 12-02-19 at 15:41.
NGCHunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 19:41   #24
NGCHunter2
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 6
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGCHunter2 View Post
Therefore, I tried pretty much all of the other extractor-DRM files (XBox/PS3 and Legend/Anniversary), but - as intended - they don't work.
Nevermind. Seems like I didn't quite read your post right. I had to move the .DRM files onto the CDRM.exe before moving on to DRM.exe. My bad, sorry for the inconvenience.
NGCHunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-19, 16:37   #25
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One
 
The Great Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beyond the Floating Islands
Posts: 9,273
Default

Textures...
Nice work, I like the Lara energy release texture, but is there any advantages of this texture swapping method compared to using the TEXMOD tool to change textures to suit for characters, items and landscapes?

Meshes....
Unfortunately we cannot modify existing meshes in TRL or TRA at present, what we need is a way to introduce 3D programs like 3D meta, or blender etc, to change the meshes in game, without crashing.

Hack method...
Though it is possible to add extra object meshes.....moving items like motorbikes, helicopters, etc and moving characters into the levels of both games, and also make many duplicates of items and characters. I could do TRU as well but unfortunately do not have the TRU object list.

This modification is done using specific hex code changes along with the TRL object list and TRA object list, which unfortunately is not allowed on TRF as it was classified as a hack, and so the method was actually deleted by moderators at the time very quickly, but not before I got my hands on how to do it.
I cannot tell you how its done or I would break the rules

My Examples of this,
Many dancers....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0U20pGLAU
Many characters and items...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgh0KzM8EEE
Motorbike addition to all levels....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TrGURMNcTg
__________________
Humble words by The Great Chi
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19, 08:16   #26
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter
 
mizuno_suisei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,981
Default

Aha!

I've managed to get all the sound files for Lara extracted. WAVE2WAV only seems to work via .bat file only FYI everyone. via manual CMD didn't work.

Any new 2019 methods for quick converting new WAV back into WAVE? I've tried a few different converters to no luck. This is incredible though. I feel sooo close to finally adding TR1 sounds to TRA

Edit: alright cool so I just realised wave2wav is backwards compatible too. I export my wav with GoldWave. IAM ADPCM 44.000 177bps (cannot get 160 exactly) and convert to WAVE. I try and reconvert my new file back to wav again but now its blank. Will test new wave files in game tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
__________________
運なら自分で掴むわ。

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 30-05-19 at 15:45.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19, 15:46   #27
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist
 
Gh0stBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Aha!

I've managed to get all the sound files for Lara extracted. WAVE2WAV only seems to work via .bat file only FYI everyone. via manual CMD didn't work.

Any new 2019 methods for quick converting new WAV back into WAVE? I've tried a few different converters to no luck. This is incredible though. I feel sooo close to finally adding TR1 sounds to TRA
WAV files must be IMA ADPCM encoded before converting back to WAVE section. Basically you need to find a tool to encode the wav files back to the same format TRL/TRA engine support (I never found any tools at the time of writing this thread).

Cheers.
__________________
Link removed. I appreciate why, but the rule applies to everyone.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-19, 08:25   #28
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter
 
mizuno_suisei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,981
Default

Okay so I've managed to rename and convert approx 150 sound effects from WAV to WAVE using Goldwave. Your extracted WAVs state 160bps. The closest I can find on any program is 177bps.
Then finally converting back with WAVE2WAV is flawless. Doesn't appear to be any broken header with my encoder.

However on repacking the DRM, I get "hash mismatches. :/ feel like we're getting closer though!

Anyway - future reference list for everyone. Sounds are from Lara.drm TRAE PC W. weapon weapons appear to be in their own drms. I did my best remembering by ear



Here is also my final Lara folder before DRM crash. Inside "lara" folder contains my new WAVES. "Wave ready wavs" are the tr1 wavs before I turned them back to WAVE, they are ADPCM 177bps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJs...w?usp=drivesdk

I apologise for any repeat questions but I have DREAMED of this since Anniversary came out. I want a truly nostalgic excuse to play it again! If I'm at a dead end..oh God

Would this be the WAVE files we're dealing with?
__________________
運なら自分で掴むわ。

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 31-05-19 at 11:34.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-19, 15:14   #29
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist
 
Gh0stBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Okay so I've managed to rename and convert approx 150 sound effects from WAV to WAVE using Goldwave. Your extracted WAVs state 160bps. The closest I can find on any program is 177bps.
Then finally converting back with WAVE2WAV is flawless. Doesn't appear to be any broken header with my encoder.

However on repacking the DRM, I get "hash mismatches. :/ feel like we're getting closer though!

Anyway - future reference list for everyone. Sounds are from Lara.drm TRAE PC W. weapon weapons appear to be in their own drms. I did my best remembering by ear



Here is also my final Lara folder before DRM crash. Inside "lara" folder contains my new WAVES. "Wave ready wavs" are the tr1 wavs before I turned them back to WAVE, they are ADPCM 177bps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJs...w?usp=drivesdk

I apologise for any repeat questions but I have DREAMED of this since Anniversary came out. I want a truly nostalgic excuse to play it again! If I'm at a dead end..oh God

Would this be the WAVE files we're dealing with?
Hash mismatch means the filename hash does not match the DRM header hash produced by WAVE2WAV tool. Do not rename any of the DRM sections or this repack process will not work due to file section hashing.
__________________
Link removed. I appreciate why, but the rule applies to everyone.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 06:28   #30
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter
 
mizuno_suisei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 5,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Hash mismatch means the filename hash does not match the DRM header hash produced by WAVE2WAV tool. Do not rename any of the DRM sections or this repack process will not work due to file section hashing.
The only thing I had to do rename wise was change all my new sounds from wav.wave back to just .wave manually, exactly like the original DRM extracts were named. The only content change is the sound files in themselves. Names are identical. I can't pick out where the hash issue is

I'm scrolling through now. My edited Lara folder and unedited one are identical besides obviously the sound file sizes.

Would you mind looking at my googledrive file? I cannot find anything off or missing

Did I also read earlier that you had a previous version of DRM.exe that skipped hash checks..is that still available anywhere to for me to test with?
__________________
運なら自分で掴むわ。

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 01-06-19 at 07:39.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.