www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-06-19, 12:30   #591
Topixtor
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
So a tr2 compiled level is able to store up to a limit of 4294967295!! The limitation of 256 must be in the exe for optimization purposses of the engine, because is unrealistic to have 42949..... number of moveables in a single level.
That explained, Arsunt may have the chance to discover where is the limit of number of moveables inside the exe and expand it!!
Well that explains it I think that limit could be raised up a bit, I mean, I had something like 220 objects in my ORC level and that was only 4 rooms total
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 02:12   #592
Danath
Archaeologist

Default Almost there :\

The good news first. The map layout is now 100% complete.

The bad news is that i have run out of object space as i suspected. I'm using 245 but i still need to place the medipacks, ammo and the fires for the torches. So i will probably have to delete some things out of the map to complete it, that's why i wrote it's 99% done. Limit of objects is 254 as i said earlier in the thread.

I wanted a more epic setting for the boss but it will have to be kept much simpler. Still prefer having it in than not having it at all though.
At least i have a cool use for the big gong in the map.

Now to inspect the map and see where i can delete things that aren't crucial.
I hope i don't have to take rooms out, this thing is massive and it feels so good to have completed it. The struggle to complete the last hub has been epic.

Last edited by Danath; 26-06-19 at 02:15.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 02:29   #593
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Could the boss be a separate level? It might not be ideal, but it could work in order for you to make the boss you want to make. I hope the rest of the editing goes well.
Old 26-06-19, 22:03   #594
Danath
Archaeologist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Could the boss be a separate level? It might not be ideal, but it could work in order for you to make the boss you want to make. I hope the rest of the editing goes well.
A 1 minute level? No, better not. Thanks.

I have some things in mind that can be taken out.
And i think it would be a great idea to have a lot of ammo pickups on the previous level, so this one doesn't need as much. It would also make sense, because of the mercenary camps in there. Plenty of space for ammo!
Old 26-06-19, 22:33   #595
Topixtor
Student

I honestly wouldn't mind if it was a 1 minute level, however you could also split the whole level in 2 - thus not having to worry at all about objects
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 22:53   #596
Danath
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind if it was a 1 minute level, however you could also split the whole level in 2 - thus not having to worry at all about objects
That's also a possibility, yes.
But i will try getting rid of some things first, that should give me enough space. I can also give more medipacks in the previous level and put less in this one, also makes sense same as ammo.

Update: I'm close to achieving my objective without splitting the map. All the fires are placed now. I only need space for pickups right now, so i think i should be safe.
According to Fexinspect i have 238 objects now, this leaves me at least 12 for pickups ( i need 2 doors for the boss ). We'll see.

Last edited by Danath; 27-06-19 at 23:17.
Old 28-06-19, 23:42   #597
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up Map done!

I have been able to complete map 6 without having to split anything!
Here's my stats for it, pretty nice total time:

I know, the secrets and font aren't edited yet, but i was excited and i wanted to share this.
It's been very close. Look at the total items:

I have made some sacrifices to achieve it, like removing some trap items, a pair of fishes ( there was supposed to be more than 2 but nevermind ) and i changed some levers to "pressure plates" ( you need to be stepping in them, jumping across doesn't work ). And i had to place less fires for lighting than i wanted but i made an opening in the cave ceiling in the last hub, the nighttime light will enter through there and it will be very nice.
There are 5 medipacks in total and quite a lot of uzi and M16 ammo so all is fine. For flares you should have PLENTY by this point, so there is no need to place more of them. For betatesters i will just add them via script in the future.

And the best thing of all, i am able to implement my little idea for the boss encounter.

Last edited by tlr online; 29-06-19 at 05:21. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
Old 29-06-19, 05:51   #598
DaroRaider
Student

Well done, Danath!
You are really inspired, a map with more than 40 minutes of gameplay!! And even knowing the path, I guess that I will days and even an entire month to play this game entirely

You are a pro with optimization issues, you didn't need to split the level in two parts.

I wonder to know what kind of level will be "Hengshan"? Sounds to me, that will be the most mysterious map in the game set!

Keep on building!
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-19, 18:02   #599
Danath
Archaeologist

Talking

Quote:
Well done, Danath!
You are really inspired, a map with more than 40 minutes of gameplay!! And even knowing the path, I guess that I will days and even an entire month to play this game entirely
Thank you!

But not really, my maps do not have a lot of paths to take so it would be hard to get lost.

Quote:
You are a pro with optimization issues, you didn't need to split the level in two parts.
I have been VERY lucky here. If i made the map differently i wouldn't be able to finish it without split, but it wasn't a conscious design decision, it happened by chance.

Quote:
I wonder to know what kind of level will be "Hengshan"? Sounds to me, that will be the most mysterious map in the game set!
Hengshan is a mountain map. I want it to have forest, a river or maybe more than one, caves and some things to do in such caves.
It will be the most challenging map i think, i never built any forests before and to me geometry-made trees with climbable branches are a must.

Hengshan is a real location in China, it is also called Mount Hengshan or Mount Heng. It is one of 5 sacred mountains of Taoism, so i thought it would be a cool place for an emperors "tomb" to be placed.

Quote:
Keep on building!
Will do. o7
But a break is needed, i will see if i can texture some spots from level 6 in the meantime.

-----------------------------
Sorry about the illegal image, i forgot about hotlinking.
Old 04-07-19, 18:43   #600
BlackWolftr
Hobbyist

Talking

When I played the demo I fell in love with it. Im waiting for the full version.
BlackWolftr is offline   Reply With Quote