www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 26-04-19, 16:49   #1341
Alex Fly
Legend

Arrow New Kickstarter update

Project Update: Visit to Los Angeles: 4th April to 8th April 2019 / Live Sessions

On 4th April, I flew to Californiaís LAX airport to meet someone for the very first time, someone I have admired for over 30 years: Dr Richard Niles, the Arranger/Orchestrator for The Dark Angel Symphony.

This meeting was a formality and a chance to chat about where weíre going next. Just so you know, the music is ALL ARRANGED and ready to be recorded. What Richard has done is EXACTLY what I anticipated Ė putting his mark on things without straying too far from the originals. He is doing things I would never had imagined on my own and, I am not ashamed to admit, I cried tears of joy and emotion whilst listening to his renditions. Obviously, I heard these in the lowest order/quality (i.e. straight out of Sibelius using stock sounds), but if it can evoke such emotion in me at this level, I am going to be a mess when hearing it performed by our booked (and to-be-booked) players.

Soon, I will post a few Work-in-Progress pieces to give you an idea of how things are coming along but, until itís all recorded, mixed and mastered, it will not be a 100% representation of the final product. However, it will be damn close and hopefully give you a great indication of whatís to come.

I canít thank Richard and his wonderful family enough for how welcome they made me feel. It was supposed to be just a business trip but, although we got a heck of a lot done, it was also an amazing and relaxing experience.

In July, we will be recording the basic sections: drums, percussion, guitar, wind, vocals, and Ė as I really want to make this project EVEN better than it could be Ė I am also spending a lot of time trying to finance more live sections, primarily a string section and the possibility of brass and woodwind sections, too. Without this luxury, I must stress that the final product will still be as amazing as we hoped, and we wonít cut any corners to give you what we promised. But with this additional luxury, it will be even better than better. Hope that makes sense! Weíre not saying we need more money to fix things Ė weíre saying we WANT more money to make it even better. As such, we are doing everything we can to secure some funding from a 3rd party. If that fails, our team is ready to throw in further personal savings to make it better. Naturally, all your additional purchases via Kickstarter surveys or website are a great help towards this, so thank you all!

Dr Richard Niles in his studio

I flew back to the UK on 8th April, so it was a short visit but a much-NEEDED visit. We got a lot finalised and we are so excited to move this to the next stage of the process. Soon after coming back, I came down with Bellís Palsy, but that is happily now under control; after almost a weekís worth of SOLID rest (doctorís orders), I am back in the studio catching up with stuff and the cogs are still turning.

Thank you for all your support already, but it would be terribly rude of me not to mention we still have our shop online! All the extra funding, as mentioned before, goes directly to our project and, who knows, maybe it will finance the extra sections (which, incidentally, need to be booked ASAP).

There will be an opportunity to attend live sessions (we're working on logistics now), but, unfortunately, since we were unable to meet our stretch goals, we will have to charge for attendance at the studio in London. We will offer free tickets to our top three backers, though.

Also, DONíT FORGET that thereís still time (just!) to confirm attendance at our planned meetup and backer dinner in Derby on 25th May. Details are in our Facebook group.

In finishing, I also want to thank the 50 people who have already preordered our exclusive Kurtis Trent journal Ė written by Murti Schofield especially for The Dark Angel Symphony! Thereís still time to get your orders in, and remember: the first 100 will be SIGNED by Murti Schofield!

Click to pre-order Kurtis' journal

Also, some of our items are currently on sale so check them out and grab them at this price while you can:

Click to pre-order Lara's Statue

Pre-order Kurtis' statue

Click here to see all the limited edition items on sale

Speak soon!

Peter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2491101
Old 26-04-19, 17:17   #1342
Woops
Explorer

Great to see things are moving forwards. So excited!
Old 26-04-19, 19:31   #1343
annacroft
Explorer

Wonderful to see how happy Peter was to meet the amazing Dr Niles.
Old 26-04-19, 19:32   #1344
Samz
Professor

So the Chronicles theme, do we know if its the short in-game loop or if its a full theme like originally intended before the time constraints?
Old 26-04-19, 20:38   #1345
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
So the Chronicles theme, do we know if its the short in-game loop or if its a full theme like originally intended before the time constraints?
Itís going to be a full theme like what was originally intended. Personally, itís the track Iím looking forward to the most, as almost all TR games have splendid main themes while Chronicles was incomplete.
Old 26-04-19, 21:25   #1346
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Itís going to be a full theme like what was originally intended. Personally, itís the track Iím looking forward to the most, as almost all TR games have splendid main themes while Chronicles was incomplete.
Good, I liked the Chronicles theme aside from the whole fact it was incredibly short.
Old 26-04-19, 23:48   #1347
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Good, I liked the Chronicles theme aside from the whole fact it was incredibly short.
Me too. Iím really curious to see what Peter will do with it.
Old 27-04-19, 17:29   #1348
Alex Fly
Legend

There's currently a livestream on Facebook with some exciting news: https://www.facebook.com/trdarkangel...4977434257944/
Old 27-04-19, 18:02   #1349
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

I'm especially 100% CRAZY ABOUT AOD LARA!!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-19, 20:26   #1350
annacroft
Explorer

So happy that we are getting an orchestra of sorts. A shame I'm on holiday when the live recordings are taking place but blessed I am able to travel to Derby for the lunch! Hope to see you all there!