www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-05-19, 07:50   #25001
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
This IS the general SOTTR thread though... not like itís off topic or anything.
I'm just saying there's been enough arguing already.
Old 10-05-19, 08:06   #25002
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Why are you so angry about it? The protector of the world's myths/secrets line really gets too much importance on this forum
I disagree, as Shadow Lara self righteously gives herself this title and to be honest it just makes my skin crawl. I want a Lara that goes out exploring for the fun of it and not a Lara who is some comic book hero who runs around saving the world and protecting people all the time. The ending of Shadow just gives the impression they're going to continue pushing forward with an overly serious Lara who spends most of her time on some crusade to save the world, rather than a character that goes out on these adventures because it's something she enjoys. I've seen people throw around that they get a "I only play for sport" vibe from the ending of Shadow and I simply do not see that at all...and trust me I really want to. If anything the "I'm not going home" line at the end of Tomb Raider (2013) gave me more of that vibe.
Old 10-05-19, 08:07   #25003
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I'm just saying there's been enough arguing already.
Then stop being so disrespectful to everyone. You don’t need to convey your opinion as if only you and people who think like you are correct. You’re incapable of respectfully disagreeing with people and it’s pathetic that you would then immediately try to silence the conversation and act like a frightened child the second anyone calls you out on it.
Old 10-05-19, 08:15   #25004
Rai

Quote:
Then stop being so disrespectful to everyone. You donít need to convey your opinion as if only you and people who think like you are correct. Youíre incapable of respectfully disagreeing with people and itís pathetic that you would then immediately try to silence the conversation and act like a frightened child the second anyone calls you out on it.
Drop it. Charmed has asked for the discussion not to be revived. You can help by respecting that.
Old 10-05-19, 08:15   #25005
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Nevermind
Old 10-05-19, 08:25   #25006
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I disagree, as Shadow Lara self righteously gives herself this title and to be honest it just makes my skin crawl. I want a Lara that goes out exploring for the fun of it and not a Lara who is some comic book hero who runs around saving the world and protecting people all the time. The ending of Shadow just gives the impression they're going to continue pushing forward with an overly serious Lara who spends most of her time on some crusade to save the world, rather than a character that goes out on these adventures because it's something she enjoys. I've seen people throw around that they get a "I only play for sport" vibe from the ending of Shadow and I simply do not see that at all...and trust me I really want to. If anything the "I'm not going home" line at the end of Tomb Raider (2013) gave me more of that vibe.
It's not a title she's given herself, it's merely a thought process of accepting who she is and respecting the myths she's uncovering. I very much doubt she's gonna hop around the world looking for artefacts or hidden cities in the off chance they need protecting. Or perhaps you think she'll Google "secret evil organisations" and follow them around until she catches them up to no good? Imo, Lara's more likely now to go on adventures because she enjoys it and if she happens to come across the evil of the day, then I suspect she'll fight them, but that's no different than previous iterations have, really. She even says she won't take herself so seriously now.
Old 10-05-19, 08:35   #25007
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

Quote:
Drop it. Charmed has asked for the discussion not to be revived. You can help by respecting that.
Whatever Rai.
Old 10-05-19, 08:41   #25008
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
It's not a title she's given herself, it's merely a thought process of accepting who she is and respecting the myths she's uncovering. I very much doubt she's gonna hop around the world looking for artefacts or hidden cities in the off chance they need protecting. Or perhaps you think she'll Google "secret evil organisations" and follow them around until she catches them up to no good? Imo, Lara's more likely now to go on adventures because she enjoys it and if she happens to come across the evil of the day, then I suspect she'll fight them, but that's no different than previous iterations have, really. She even says she won't take herself so seriously now.
Lara literally labels herself as what I described.

Quote:
The mysteries of the world are to cherish, more than solved. I am just one of their many protectors
Let's be honest she'll be in a tomb in the next game breaking everything she touches...lol

No, of course Lara is not going to sit and google shadow organisations to take down. However, I do feel like the ending implies the themes of the following games will continue in the same fashion. Lara has spent 3 games now, essentially saving people and running into ancient places and solving all their problems. Frankly, I'm just bored of it! My biggest hope is they drop the whole hidden surviving ancient cultures malarkey and minimise the social hub aspect. Further to that they just need to simplify the story greatly and (I hate to say it...) have something akin to the earlier Uncharted games. Arguably, something like GOL and TOO. Lara literally just goes after an artefact, with no melodrama or family ties at all and a simpler singular villain rather than some huge world controlling organisation she needs to stop to save the world.
Old 10-05-19, 08:53   #25009
Mickybyrne20
Professor

Old 10-05-19, 08:54   #25010
Fantasy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Whatever Rai.
You talk about others being rude but youíve literally just came back from a six month ban for being... rude.