www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 23-05-19, 22:46   #25401
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
It seems as long as in TR4/5.
And we all know that was some crazy Rapunzel braid! But, with the stylized model, it didn't look as jarring as it does on a realistic looking Lara, imo.
Old 24-05-19, 00:01   #25402
Mikky
Legend

How would you all feel about the removal of the outfit restriction being promoted as one of the "new features" of a definitive edition? Of course those without the DE could still get it and other features via an update, but imagine for a moment that the OR being lifted is specifically promoted for this new edition. Would you mind at all or would you see it as a cheap, dirty tactic?

Personally, I'd be pretty pissed off as it would just come across as them only waiting for a DE to implement it when they could have done it much earlier. I doubt they'd ever admit such a thing so we would have no way of knowing if that's true, but the timing is pretty convenient nonetheless. Whatever the case, it really seems that's what they're going for: an announcement at E3 and then they'll soon release it with the new DLC and/or a new edition of the game, along with some other superfluous features and improvements to the overall game to try and sell it one last time.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 00:21   #25403
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

That wouldn’t make any sense though. That’s not something you market a game with. Saying stuff like “INCLUDES ALL PREVIOUSLY RELEASED DLC CONTENT” or something makes sense because it’s very obvious what that means. People who haven’t even played the game can read that and understand that they’re buying the “complete” edition of the game.

Whereas Saying “INCLUDES NO OUTFIT RESTRICTIONS” doesn’t work the same because nobody who hasn’t played the game would even understand what that means, and anyone who has played the game would already own it and know this. It’s too specific of a reference.

So that makes no sense given the slightest little bit of scrutiny.

Last edited by SoraSakai; 24-05-19 at 00:22.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 00:43   #25404
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
How would you all feel about the removal of the outfit restriction being promoted as one of the "new features" of a definitive edition? Of course those without the DE could still get it and other features via an update, but imagine for a moment that the OR being lifted is specifically promoted for this new edition. Would you mind at all or would you see it as a cheap, dirty tactic?
The problem with engaging in hypotheticals like this one is that some people will forget that it's speculative and get into a heated debate while others will come in, not knowing, and be confused while (1) treating it as if it were real news and (2) asking for verification while a tiny minority will have to continually remind everyone that it's imaginary.
Old 24-05-19, 01:23   #25405
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

I think we’ll see:

No updated physical releases for PS4 or XBOX ONE.
MAYBE a “Game or the Year” edition release for PC.
Definitely 100% a “definitive edition” for PS5 & Next Xbox. Featuring graphics on par with PC’s ultra settings, raytraced shadows, up to full native 4K (dynamic resolution) and high frame rate mode.

That’s my prediction ^.^
Old 24-05-19, 05:18   #25406
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I think we’ll see:

No updated physical releases for PS4 or XBOX ONE.
MAYBE a “Game or the Year” edition release for PC.
Definitely 100% a “definitive edition” for PS5 & Next Xbox. Featuring graphics on par with PC’s ultra settings, raytraced shadows, up to full native 4K (dynamic resolution) and high frame rate mode.

That’s my prediction ^.^
You're right, what's more, making a definitive edition for this current generation would be such a bad move towards the people who bought Croft Edition, which was basically some sort of "definitive edition" itself.
Grizzly Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 05:29   #25407
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
You're right, what's more, making a definitive edition for this current generation would be such a bad move towards the people who bought Croft Edition, which was basically some sort of "definitive edition" itself.
Like financially it would be a dumb idea.

But I don’t see how it could make anyone mad other than it would potentially have box art with critic’s appraisals on it.
Old 24-05-19, 05:33   #25408
Chamayoo
Professor

Would be really great if this "Definitive Edition" would connect DLC directly from hubs, no loading screens. But I doubt they would make such efforts.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 06:14   #25409
mandylane

i dont want to know. surprise me.
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 06:24   #25410
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Would be really great if this "Definitive Edition" would connect DLC directly from hubs, no loading screens. But I doubt they would make such efforts.
I dream of it. But the I remember some of the tombs are too far from the entrance (the forge, howl of the monkey god) and then I forget about it.
xspacedude is online now   Reply With Quote