www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 11-06-19, 17:38   #521
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

I don’t care whether or not she does the mocap, but I would like to see Camilla take a shot at Lara again as her VA, considering she could be very different next game.
Old 11-06-19, 17:54   #522
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I donít care whether or not she does the mocap, but I would like to see Camilla take a shot at Lara again as her VA, considering she could be very different next game.
Why? She's had 3 chances now.

Not saying she's bad btw, but I'm not sure she 'gets' Lara as a character, or the writers.
Old 11-06-19, 18:06   #523
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Why? She's had 3 chances now.

Not saying she's bad btw, but I'm not sure she 'gets' Lara as a character, or the writers.
Because I would like to see what she might do as an older Lara (assuming this is a few years after Shadow) and if we have some more sass and wit next game, it could be neat to see how Camilla tackles that.

That said, Iím also not opposed to a new VA. Shelley Blond would be fantastic imo, or some other actress that can nail the Lara sound.
Old 11-06-19, 18:07   #524
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

I'm still team Chrysti Ann for face and body, she is flawless and looks just like Lara, and has the athletic skills to match.

And I want a new voice actress altogether. Camilla is lovely, but she is far too American. It doesn't matter if she grew up in England, you will find in every interview that's not based around TR she talks with an American accent. Lara needs to sound proper British, and they need a British actress who will do her justice.

After seeing the Watchdogs 3 reveal, I kept thinking the whole time, "Why isn't Lara talking like an actual British person in her games like this?" The voices, slang, cadence, everything. The most British Lara has ever felt in the reboot series was in the first game here and there, but in ROTTR and SOTTR she may as well have been American.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 11-06-19 at 18:11.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 18:25   #525
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

I did this super quick so forgive me for the quality, but I think it really depends on how she's stylized. I think Camilla's face totally rocks as Lara. And I don't mean the way it was done in Rise or Shadow. I mean, like a more mature Camilla look. I don't know. Maybe toning down the make up a little bit, but I can totally see this, specially if it's meant to represent a more mature Reboot Lara.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 18:27   #526
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

To be fair, that picture looks like it was heavily touched for a magazine. Apart from some certain characteristics, that doesn't even typically look like her. Camilla has these big beautiful down turned puppy dog eyes, and in that image they look completely different.

I don't see Lara Croft in her features at all (except maybe the forehead and brows, which they DIDNT EVEN USE from her for some reason). I see a flawless woman though.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 11-06-19 at 18:29.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 19:57   #527
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I donít think Camillaís features are very Lara-like either, but thatís an awesome edit. Sheís so gorgeous.
Old 11-06-19, 20:22   #528
norabrave
Historian

Quote:
So beautiful! In this picture her face is amazing for Lara Croft.
Old 11-06-19, 21:12   #529
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:

I did this super quick so forgive me for the quality, but I think it really depends on how she's stylized. I think Camilla's face totally rocks as Lara. And I don't mean the way it was done in Rise or Shadow. I mean, like a more mature Camilla look. I don't know. Maybe toning down the make up a little bit, but I can totally see this, specially if it's meant to represent a more mature Reboot Lara.
I totally see it. Nice edit by the way!
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 21:42   #530
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
To be fair, that picture looks like it was heavily touched for a magazine. Apart from some certain characteristics, that doesn't even typically look like her. Camilla has these big beautiful down turned puppy dog eyes, and in that image they look completely different.

I don't see Lara Croft in her features at all (except maybe the forehead and brows, which they DIDNT EVEN USE from her for some reason). I see a flawless woman though.
Yeah, not to **** on Camilla's looks at all because I do think Camilla is attractive, but I just don't see Lara in her face at all.

To me the ultimate "Lara face" is and always will be Angelina Jolie. Victoria Beckham also wouldn't be a bad choice, considering classic Lara's in-game models straight up looked like a cartoony Victoria to me, in the face anyway.

I said this a couple months back but I also love the idea of Lana Parrilla's face being used for Lara. Even with her slimmer lips, there's just something very Lara about her face (the expressions in particular) and especially her colouring to me. Plus I think she's just stunning.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 11-06-19 at 21:45.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote