www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-19, 09:32   #11
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 9,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Wrong. You can use TRNG action and hurt the certain enemy by 1 hp, and then he'll drop his special ai and start attack So when I try hand-to-hand combat with the guarding enemy he doesn't stand as an idiot but fights back
Are you designing hand-to-hand combat for your level?


Nice trick with hurting to drop the AI
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 09:38   #12
Reggie
Tomb Raider
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Visa Versace
Posts: 22,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
SAS will attack unless he has AI_GUARD.
AI_GUARD is usually what forces peaceful mode.
TROOPS will have this mode by default.
I want SAS to guard until Lara alerts them. So AI_GUARD or AI_PATROL is necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Wrong. You can use TRNG action and hurt the certain enemy by 1 hp, and then he'll drop his special ai and start attack So when I try hand-to-hand combat with the guarding enemy he doesn't stand as an idiot but fights back
Good idea! That means I could set a trigger within 'view distance' too.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 12:25   #13
AkyV
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 3,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider99 View Post
But now I'd suggest checking AkyV's first plugin as it contains few really neat AI based triggers, like dropping or forcing behavior (from patrol, guard etc).
Yes, there are two Action triggers, one to force Guard property, and another one to drop AI properties, for the required enemy.
And there also is a condition to check if there is the required AI.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 13:07   #14
Reggie
Tomb Raider
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Visa Versace
Posts: 22,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Yes, there are two Action triggers, one to force Guard property, and another one to drop AI properties, for the required enemy.
And there also is a condition to check if there is the required AI.
Great, can you please point out where I can find those triggers? I've been looking since yesterday.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 14:20   #15
Reggie
Tomb Raider
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Visa Versace
Posts: 22,000
Default

OK found the command in NGLE and exported to TE.

Now what? How do you apply that trigger to an enemy? There's no option to apply it to any particular object.

Does this setup look right? It's not working.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/pic...ictureid=13222

Last edited by Reggie; 04-06-19 at 14:41.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 16:58   #16
AkyV
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 3,496
Default

My thoughts to your picture:

1. "Continues" TriggerGroup is meaningless now. You don't need to execute the command again and again, so choose "Single" mode.
2. If you found a plugin trigger in NGLE, always have a look at the "Trigger's Remark" window (that should be also applied in TE, once it supports plugin local triggers for the map!), because plugin makers (first of all me, surely) can write a help there for the trigger - just like now in the case of these ACTIONs.
3. If you found that trigger in NGLE when a project is also loaded there, then you can see the choosable objects in "Object to trigger" trigger window, for all the ACTION triggers. - That will be the middle number. For example, in your case, if, eg. the object ID is 174, then

$015000, 174, $96
$015000, 174, $97

Last edited by AkyV; 04-06-19 at 17:00.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:39   #17
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 9,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Wrong. You can use TRNG action and hurt the certain enemy by 1 hp, and then he'll drop his special ai and start attack So when I try hand-to-hand combat with the guarding enemy he doesn't stand as an idiot but fights back
Can you explain this in detail? I've just tried it on a BADDY1 and it doesn't seem to work like you say, or maybe I misunderstood your post. Draining HP from the baddy does work (checked and I can kill him eventually by stepping over the trigger multiple times) but it doesn't make him lose his guard behavior... he keeps guarding until Lara gets his attention the usual way for a BADDY1 with AI_GUARD (walking into his view or getting close enough). Perhaps you did this trick on a SAS?


EDIT: Just tried it on a SAS as well, same thing...

Last edited by Dustie; 04-06-19 at 18:52.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 09:56   #18
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist
 
disapearing-boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Čire
Posts: 2,233
Default

Can I suggest TRNG Variables as a possible solution?

If you don't know, variables are basically flags added to moveables to modify enemy status. For example you can trigger a enemy already killed by Lara using variables.

You should be able to drop the AI Guard to normal SAS behaviour or to force the Troops to always see Lara as a threat - stuff like that.

However it requires a lot of study - variables tend to be slot specific and might not be documented anywhere. It's a lot of work to figure it all out.
__________________
"Never sigh for a better world, it's already composed, played and told..."
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 11:09   #19
Dustie
Relic Hunter
 
Dustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poland
Posts: 9,023
Default

^ I believe AkyV's plugin already uses variables to operate on AI properties.

I'm not sure about reactivating an enemy which has been killed, has that been tested? I know the engine is pretty fussy about doing anything with objects which have not been triggered/activated or have been untriggered/removed.

That being said, removing guard AI from an enemy seems to work fine using AkyV's plugin triggers. However I can't get the trick A_De described to work - neither baddy or sas do anything after getting hurt by 1 HP.

Forcing AI_GUARD on enemy using AkyV's plugin (which I'm guessing takes advantage of variables) only works the moment enemy is spawned (triggers placed on the same square), but once the enemy is triggered, forcing AI_GUARD has no effect.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 12:09   #20
Reggie
Tomb Raider
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Visa Versace
Posts: 22,000
Default

Can you change how far away the enemy can see you?

Currently, the enemy can see you from eight sectors away.

Can we reduce this field of vision to say, three?

Is it anything to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV
Condition:
If X enemy has Y AI property

TriggerGroup= 1, $5000, X, $36, > ; defining the object with its X ID code you see in Room Editor
$2000, 256, $2710, > ; * put the actual AI status into Global Short Alfa1 (GSA1) variable
$8000, 16, $W028; if GSA1 is the number at W0 position of PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, W0 (must be typed in hexadecimal format now in the trigger code)is 0 in this example
Parameters= PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, Y

Y values are:

35: the enemy doesn't have an AI property, because:

a, he's dropped his AI properties when he's been distracted by Lara, or
b, you've made him drop all the AI properties by the command above, or
c, he will have GUARD AI property, but only later, if you will force it on him.

547: the enemy has GUARD AI property, because

a, he's standing at an AI_GUARD object, or
b, you've forced GUARD property on him, or
c, he's reached the second AI_AMBUSH object from the first one, or
d, he was standing at an AI_GUARD and an AI_MODIFY object but you've forced GUARD property on him.

1059: the enemy has AMBUSH AI property, because he's running from the first AI_AMBUSH object to the second one.
2083: the enemy has PATROL AI property, because he's patrolling between AI_PATROL1 and AI_PATROL2 objects.
4131: the enemy has MODIFY AI property, because he's standing at an AI_MODIFY object.
4643: the enemy has GUARD+MODIFY AI property, because he's standing at an AI_GUARD and an AI_MODIFY object.

Last edited by Reggie; 05-06-19 at 13:29.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.