www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 29-09-18, 21:35   #10111
klona
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekim View Post
Is it just me or the LE community is kinda dying?
There is a quote for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone You Know
its hooked up to some machine while its family refuses to let it go even though its already brain dead
Old 29-09-18, 21:58   #10112
Horus-Goddess
Professor

I've been considering coming back to make some new outfits, but since I lost all my previous work, I'd have to start completely over. So, can't say I'm entirely motivated to do that yet.

Still, I would like to make a new Lara model with new proportions, as I think my old one could use some tweaking.
Old 30-09-18, 02:04   #10113
New Dwight
Archaeologist

Quote:
Not for a long shot

Replaying tmr made me considering coming back to LE for a remaster, but at the same time I'd rather do that in UE4, and I removed all the source files I had for that trle game, except for some sounds and UV objects.
we'll see...
Old 30-09-18, 12:58   #10114
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
It do feel like it's going through a bit of a downtime recently. Lack of ongoing NGLE/TRNG support from Paolone, the NGLE rotation lag, aged tools, grandiose projects that take forever to finish or never do, would be the main reasons for it in my book.

But I feel the emergence of Tomb Editor and later TR5Main might reignite the flame.

That being said, custom levels were never everyone's cup of tea, playing and let alone making them have always been a sort of niche thing.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 17:53   #10115
moodydog
Relic Hunter

So I've just been replaying legend, which is incredibly buggy with 'Next Generation Content' applied on modern hardware/ Windows 10. I remembered it being buggy back in the day, but not this buggy.

So it's got me thinking I really want to remake Legend and Underworld into a trilogy, with the older style of game-play, but preserving the atmosphere of those games.
The idea would be each location would have 3-5 levels, with core elements of the original levels spread out within the level sets.
For example, in Bolivia, everything before the temple would be the first Level, the Second level would be inside the Tomb up to the garden section at the end of the level, and the third level will take place in the garden, but rather explore it than shoot loads of enemies.

It also wouldn't follow the personal story-line of Legend and Underworld (aka, where's mommy) and would include it's own characters. I would probably keep the over-aching story-line... 1) King Arthur... 2) Thor etc...

May be a bit ambitious.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-18, 18:07   #10116
Morgau
Hobbyist

@moodydog Indeed it is ambitious, but it's a cool idea!
Morgau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-18, 01:24   #10117
Kapu
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
So I've just been replaying legend, which is incredibly buggy with 'Next Generation Content' applied on modern hardware/ Windows 10. I remembered it being buggy back in the day, but not this buggy.

So it's got me thinking I really want to remake Legend and Underworld into a trilogy, with the older style of game-play, but preserving the atmosphere of those games.
The idea would be each location would have 3-5 levels, with core elements of the original levels spread out within the level sets.
For example, in Bolivia, everything before the temple would be the first Level, the Second level would be inside the Tomb up to the garden section at the end of the level, and the third level will take place in the garden, but rather explore it than shoot loads of enemies.

It also wouldn't follow the personal story-line of Legend and Underworld (aka, where's mommy) and would include it's own characters. I would probably keep the over-aching story-line... 1) King Arthur... 2) Thor etc...

May be a bit ambitious.
Turning every location into 3-5 levels would be an insane undertaking. But I really like the idea and I would love to see more levels in the style of TRL! I actually sketched out some ideas for a Bolivia remake in TRLE once before. There's so many things you could add to Legend to make the game more substantial. Adding keys and switches alone would make a big difference.

One of my favorite level sets is Wheels of Kathar by PH. It's a little rough around the edges but otherwise great. It would be awesome to see other re-imagined Legend continuations.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 07:41   #10118
Joey79100
Professor

This is for ANYONE who does that.

How do you expect people to help you if you don't share how you solved your issues? Not everyone experiences your issues, but some will in the future, so the solution has to be shared so people who run into issues don't get stuck because no one knows how to help.
And yes, the image is humoristic but I'm actually pissed off when I see someone with that behavior.

By the way, same applies to people who ask for help, get someone's answer with a solution, but they just ibore it completely. Worse is when you come back a few days later saying that you "still" have that problem.

Last edited by Joey79100; 30-10-18 at 08:00.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 11:04   #10119
A_De
Archaeologist

^ that's scareful.
* runs to check her every post of asking help here*

I have to aggree though.
Old 03-11-18, 05:49   #10120
Ligufaca
Archaeologist

Honestly, sometimes I wish I was new at LE, and I could build whatever crazy stuff without thinking about "rules". The joy of building a jungle level using pine trees and Natla boss 34534 times as an enemy LOL
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote