Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 02-06-22, 11:21   #1
CheshireBitch

Default TR - Seth Strikes Back

Seth Strikes Back is getting re-released !
This third version is definitive with a lot of polish : no more missing sounds, no more missing polygons, fixed textures and lightning, fixed widescreen, restored collision, no more flickering,… Every found flaw has been reworked and corrected to get the best experience possible with the game.

It's time to get the Bloody Triangle home !
The game also gets a ton of new features: two new cutscenes, subtitles, reverb, footprints, new inventory, new look for hp, sprint and load bars, new effects, new quality of life moves, in game credits, final statistics screen, post credits cutscene and more ! The game is now fleshed out and even more complete.

Join Lara Croft for as she fights the Suethek Cult to keep Seth out of our world.
Discover the game as it's now better than it has ever been with more to the story and characters as a new object can be found and gives more details and clues while keeping previous walkthrough 100% compatible.

Watch the trailer !

Download the game :
LINK #1
LINK #2

Full list of updates :

1. GENERAL
-Subtitles for all cutscenes
-New moves: roll out of crawlspace and ladder to crawlspace
-New "Game over" text when Lara Croft dies
-New features and many engine fixes thanks to FLEP (footsteps, reverb,...)
-Many textures fixes and geometry fixes
-Lighting fixes for better visuals on most parts
-Fixed a lot of missing sounds. Now the pushable sound is fully there, all lever have the louder sound effect instead of the discreet one, the crowbar lever is not silent anymore, all doors and bats have sound on all levels, ...
-Fixed missing facets on some objects and restored collision on objects that were missing it.
-Fixed the screen shaking when some triggers are activated and fixed the "new diary entry" line appearing more than once for the same entry.
-New set of weapons similar to the originals but remade and better looking. (by Sponge)
-New diary entries

2. ARCHEOLOGICAL DIG
-Moved some triggers around so bats won't bite you while the flyby is playing in the archeological dig.
-Fixed monkey swing in the giant pit in the beggining, fixed ladders and their vertical triggers.

3. UNDERGROUND TEMPLE
-Changed the trapdoor in the plough trap room because it was possible to easily glitch through the old one in order to skip this part. Also it brings a better visual clue when you found it (it blends less with the floor) and a better audio clue when you open it.
-Fixed trapdoor textures and trapdoor disappearing after opening.
-The plough trap also have an anti-trigger now so you won't hear it again randomly.
-Fixed horizon.
-Fixed flickering raising block (object corrected by Lore Raider)
-Many small fixes in the cutscenes.

4. LOST TOMB
-Fixed the snake HP in Lost Tomb so it's not as strong as it was. (Did not really made sens to have this enemy so strong since it wasn't that harmfull)
-Fixed cutscene to add a missing object important to the point of the cutscene. That one character now goes away at the end of the cutscene and is not just standing there for ever.
-Fixed horizon.

5. SERAPIS WRATH
-Fixed broken wad for Serapis Warth making it possible to fix several things like some transition in lighting, getting some trapdoor to close after visiting them and the crossbow in inventory is now the right one. (wad fixed by Lore Raider)
-Fixed the static object behind switches, it now has colision.
-Fixed flipmap at the end so you actually can't go below the sand flooded room

6. DESERT RAILROAD
-Fixed visual for the train level. It now features fog that works nicely with an updated horizon made by Lore Raider.
-Fixed flickering doors.

7. DOWNTOWN CAIRO
-Fixed item that was not disappearing after being picked up in Cairo. It is now disappearing correctly and does not stay visible after being picked up.
-Better map in the diary.
-Fixed horizon
-Fixed triggers for ennemies, some room textures changed for better visuals
-Fixed softlock with a timed raising block.

8. SUETHEK HIDEOUT
-New cutscene in Suethek Hideout, giving Lara Croft a second diary object fleshing out the story and characters a little bit. It also provides hints for a puzzle in the level. It doesn't change the original gameplay at all.
-The first key inside the train car has been visually changed for a key card. It does not change the gameplay.
-Fixed blowing up floor, now the animating does not show up before the explosion.
-Fixed flickering doors.
-There is an actual mirror in the bathroom now.

9. CURSED CITY
-Fixed horizon in Cursed City
-Track is not playing in loop anymore
-New cutscene at the end of the game
-Fixed weird blue windows on the jeep animating object
-In game credits
-Post credit scene to avoid confusion

Special thanks to Lore Raider for all the help on this V3 !
Updated on december 2nd 2023
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (6)small.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	1679   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (7)small.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	1680   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (10)small.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	1681   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (2)small.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	1688   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot (8)small.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	1689  

Last edited by CheshireBitch; 02-12-23 at 22:21.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 11:28   #2
.snake.

Looks really cool!

But rotate your spikes so they match the floor tiles (or use different spikes since I don't think those match with that texture...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 11:45   #3
CheshireBitch

Thank you !

About the spikes I already tried but have not given up ! I think the best solution would be to create my own texture to align them. It’s on the list, it will be fixed in the full version !
Old 03-06-22, 07:20   #4
CheshireBitch

Hello,

The demo is now available for download ! I hope you will all like it !!

Download the demo !
LINK #1
LINK #2

Last edited by CheshireBitch; 03-06-22 at 20:20.
Old 03-06-22, 07:33   #5
sebsen

Quote:
Thank you !

About the spikes I already tried but have not given up ! I think the best solution would be to create my own texture to align them. It’s on the list, it will be fixed in the full version !
The screens definitely look interesting, I am looking forward to playing your demo!
Regarding the spikes & textures, I think the TR4 level 'Burial Chambers' has textures that fit those spikes, if you need a starting point for creating your own texture.

Edit: just had a sneak-peek at your demo and it's quite fun. One thing I noticed: the shatter sound sounds very glassy, which seems kinda wrong for wooden crates. Was that intentional?
And I love your camera-work, especially in the beginning of level 2 (that's as far as I've come)

Last edited by sebsen; 03-06-22 at 08:11.
sebsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 11:20   #6
CheshireBitch

Hello Sebsen, thank you for your words ! I tried my best for the cameras so I’m happy you liked them ! I’m also happy you’re having fun so far !!

Thanks for the information about the spike texture ! I will check it !

About the shatter sound I know it’s a bit weird but in the second level you get to shoot both crates and ancient stuff. And I don’t think I can have two different sounds for shatters.
I thought about changing the sound just for the first level but then it will be weird to hear something else on the same object in the second level.
Maybe I could switch for a sound that fits better for both crates and ancient stuff.

I hope you’ll have fun too with what comes next in the demo ! Let me know what you thought about the rest of the demo !
Old 03-06-22, 21:19   #7
PedroTheGamer

hey,what's the correctly position on ''X'' to use shovel? im trying using a lot of positions but lara didn't recognize the puzzle hole. i faced east but didn't worked.

Last edited by PedroTheGamer; 03-06-22 at 21:23.
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 21:55   #8
CheshireBitch

Hello PedroTheGamer, the correct position is facing east (red arrow pointing E on the compass) and placing her at the very center of the "X". It's very "sensitive" so you might need to make one step ahead or behind to place her correctly. Might take several tries

I agree it's a bit annoying that the position has to be so specific to work but I have not found a solution for that.
Old 03-06-22, 22:03   #9
PedroTheGamer

Quote:
Hello PedroTheGamer, the correct position is facing east (red arrow pointing E on the compass) and placing her at the very center of the "X". It's very "sensitive" so you might need to make one step ahead or behind to place her correctly. Might take several tries

I agree it's a bit annoying that the position has to be so specific to work but I have not found a solution for that.
now she did after some tries
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 04:57   #10
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
now she did after some tries
I'm happy you did not get stuck !