Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-11-18, 00:15   #11
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR View Post
I don't miss the finishers but I'm not happy about the blood censorship that came with the patch. It's a mature game and they should have handled it as such by giving us the option to chose for ourselves in the settings. Funny thing is, I don't mind a TR with little to no blood but I do mind censorship. And vanilla SotTR (no patch installed) is as "bloody" as Rise. No more, no less.
Blood censorship? What was this?
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 00:18   #12
veigafd

I just remember blood in the jaguar boss fight. Other than that is the same as rise; Arrows and knifes passing through character models.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 00:44   #13
JsotoTRSaga

I hated that these got removed, I loved using the pistol finisher in rise and reboot. Specially in Rise since I always used the pistol finisher on Konstantine, when I used to play Rise that is. Now there's nothing special to do with the guns other than aim n shoot.

Works for me though, still was hoping to see in the future a dual pistols finishers once she acquires the dual pistols in the next game. In fact she should start with the duals by default. No explanation needed, 2013 reboot already does that.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 16-11-18 at 00:48.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 00:59   #14
LaraCroftSotTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
I just remember blood in the jaguar boss fight. Other than that is the same as rise; Arrows and knifes passing through character models.
You get blood splatters at head shots and stealth kills. Even now. But they're small and thus hard to see. But play the game without a patch and you'll notice them with ease. They even removed the bloodstain on the hailstone.

Ok. It's probably bloodier than Rise ^^ minus the finishers.
But headshots in Rise are also graphic (I've tested it on the first human enemies you encounter in the game)

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 16-11-18 at 01:20.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 01:23   #15
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Blood censorship? What was this?
Yeah, now I wanna know about this. What was exactly censored? I remember there being blood when killing the eel, did stuff like this get patched out because this will be unacceptable.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 01:28   #16
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Yeah, now I wanna know about this. What was exactly censored? I remember there being blood when killing the eel, did stuff like this get patched out because this will be unacceptable.
Yeah, if you’re going to make a game that’s “Rated M for Mature” and has “Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, and Strong Language”, you should stick with your philosophy. If you don’t want a game with that much blood and gore, then don’t make a game like that. Unless Squeenix made them do that, which would make no sense either.

Idk, it’s not the biggest deal, but if they patched it out because they were afraid of a little blood, then it’s kind of sad.
Old 16-11-18, 01:35   #17
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Yeah, if you’re going to make a game that’s “Rated M for Mature” and has “Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, and Strong Language”, you should stick with your philosophy. If you don’t want a game with that much blood and gore, then don’t make a game like that. Unless Squeenix made them do that, which would make no sense either.

Idk, it’s not the biggest deal, but if they patched it out because they were afraid of a little blood, then it’s kind of sad.
Boy this makes me mad, I mean really mad. Patches should only be used to fix things that weren't working correctly in the game. To actually patch something out in an attempt at censorship is unacceptable.

I already have some of my gripes with Shadow, but this really tops the cake of it all.

You could experience one thing on one play through, but then have your second play through entirely different.
Old 16-11-18, 01:38   #18
LaraCroftSotTR

See picture above. What else do you need as proof?
The pictures were taken from the physical ps4 release in my country.
No day one patch installed. (Digital versions may have the patch pre-installed.)

The patches made the game better overall and they're necessary for all the add-ons, bonus items, hair improvements, bug fixes and Rise costumes. But this really bothered me too. As well as some graphical changes (no waterfall in one place / no dust swirling up when taking an underwater treasure)

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 16-11-18 at 01:46.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 01:41   #19
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
The pictures were taken from the physical ps4 release in my country. No day one patch installed. (Digital versions may have the patch pre-installed.)
Oh wow. I definitely don’t recall seeing that in newer gameplays, so it must have indeed been patched out. Not a huge game changer, but it is strange.
Old 16-11-18, 01:45   #20
charmedangelin

Quote:
The pictures were taken from the physical ps4 release in my country. No day one patch installed. (Digital versions may have the patch pre-installed.)
Oh Sqeenix and EM, every time I turn around it is always something with these people and Tomb Raider.

I just can't with all these cuts and patches and changes and everything.

Shadow deserves every bit of flack it's given. Everything and I mean everything about Shadow from Marketing to final product has been a cluster **** of screw ups.