www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 29-07-21, 17:28   #1
Final Count
Student

Default Jagged letters in Tomb Raider III

Does anyone know how I can fix these "jagged" or "harshly pixelated" letters in Tomb Raider III? The problem also appears on the sunlight that penetrates the canopy in India, the underwater bubbles and so on. I'm running TR3 through Peixoto's thingie, and everything else looks great.

[IMG]*******************/4tCbbb3/Lara.png[/IMG]

EDIT: It seems I'm not able to share an image.

Last edited by Final Count; 29-07-21 at 17:29.
Final Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-21, 17:29   #2
tlr online
Administrator

A list of approved image hosting services can be found here.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-21, 17:31   #3
Final Count
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
A list of approved image hosting services can be found here.
Thanks!

Old 29-07-21, 22:16   #4
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Count View Post
Thanks!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5758q82.png[/IMG
this is the result of your nvidia graphics card. you can do a few things

1. turn off linear filtering in settings

2. install dgvoodoo and change the directx graphics card to ati radeon 8500 (the default setting will remove all textures from tr3) so you can keep linear filtering
Old 30-07-21, 06:18   #5
Final Count
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
this is the result of your nvidia graphics card. you can do a few things

1. turn off linear filtering in settings

2. install dgvoodoo and change the directx graphics card to ati radeon 8500 (the default setting will remove all textures from tr3) so you can keep linear filtering
Thank you! I've downloaded dgvoodoo and changed the Directx graphics card to ATI Radeon 8500, but nothing has changed. I'm basically an idiot when it comes to things like this. Do I need to place my dgvoodoo folder somewhere specifically, load TR3 through it, or something?
Old 30-07-21, 08:46   #6
Kirishima
Explorer

When installing dgvoodoo2 for any of the tomb raider games, you need to rerun Tomb Raider's setup and have dgvoodoo selected as the hardware adapter (or whatever it's labeled, i'm too lazy to check atm). If you do not do this, you may get graphical glitches ingame like no textures. Make sure "disable and passthru to real directx" is not toggled on in dgvoodoo2's config menu. If you don't know how to rerun the setup, a simple way is to create a shortcut of Tomb3's exe and, in the shortcut's properties, attach "-setup" (without quotations) to the end of the path in the target box.

As for installing dgvoodoo2 itself, the necessary files for running d3d games just need to be put in Tomb3's installation directory, or wherever the tomb3 exe is. The files should include ddraw.dll, d3dimm.dll, and dgvoodoocpl.exe. A dgvoodoo config file can be generated specifically for Tomb3's use, but it's not necessary unless you plan to use dgvoodoo with multiple different games that require different settings.

Last edited by Kirishima; 30-07-21 at 08:58.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-21, 18:04   #7
TombHackR
Golden

Make sure all the dgVoodoo .DLL files are in your Tomb Raider 3 installation folder, as stated above they should look something like D3D8.DLL, DDraw.DLL etc…

dgVoodooCpl.exe can go anywhere, but make sure that when you are configuring dgVoodoo settings that you have your Tomb Raider 3 folder selected. And lastly make sure you re run your Tomb Raider 3 setup by creating a shortcut to tomb3.exe, then right click on that short cut and add -setup to the end of the target path, so it should look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\Tomb Raider 3\tomb3.exe" -setup
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-21, 08:23   #8
Final Count
Student

Thank you so much, both of you! Now the only problem is that there's a DGVoodoo logo in my bottom right corner. Can I remove that?

Also, I haven't tested Tomb Raider 1-2, Last Revelation and Chronicles, but do they have similar issues as the TR3 issue you just fixed for me?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a way to disable the watermark. Now my problem is, that I for some reason can't run the game through Peixoto any longer. The game just crashes. The reason why I want to run it through Peixoto is that I want to fix the aspect ratio. I don't like playing classic TR games in a stretched wide screen format. Unless DGVoodoo can fix that too, and I don't even need the Peixoto program?

Last edited by Final Count; 31-07-21 at 08:38.
Old 31-07-21, 10:23   #9
ANoDE
Golden

If you're just using Peixoto for the fixed FOV (aspect), you might want to try Arsunt's patch from here:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...4&postcount=15

It fixes the aspect ratio on it's own without the need to run the game through Peixoto's patch anymore.

Last edited by ANoDE; 31-07-21 at 10:24.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-21, 12:45   #10
Final Count
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
If you're just using Peixoto for the fixed FOV (aspect), you might want to try Arsunt's patch from here:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...4&postcount=15

It fixes the aspect ratio on it's own without the need to run the game through Peixoto's patch anymore.
Thanks! I've downloaded it, and replaced the files in the TR3 folder, but FOV and aspect ratio and so on is still a stretched image. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My game is from GOG, and the readme file says it's based on the Steam .exe file. Is this a problem?

EDIT: Alright, got the FOV and aspect ratio to work, the game looks great now EXCEPT... very small letters on the menu, and tiny health bar. It is minor issues, but if there's a fix I would like to know. And also: No FMV's suddenly. I hear the music and so on, but no image? Strange.

Last edited by Final Count; 31-07-21 at 12:50.