Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 27-01-21, 21:29   #131
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
What did Square Enix do to help?
I don't know the details, that's what Ash said on his tweet.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 15:59   #132
ANoDE
Golden

The OP was updated to include info about the latest patches and the PSP version.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 19:51   #133
LateRaider
Inactive

Hey, if anyone wants some help setting up the game for keyboard and mouse in PPSSPP, please feel free to ask in this thread and I'll make a tutorial. It's totally possible to use the mouse for the camera and everything.

Edit - ANoDE, even with your advice I still can't get into many levels. Is this a peculiarity of the PSP version?

Last edited by LateRaider; 03-02-21 at 20:18.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 20:34   #134
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Hey, if anyone wants some help setting up the game for keyboard and mouse in PPSSPP, please feel free to ask in this thread and I'll make a tutorial. It's totally possible to use the mouse for the camera and everything.

Edit - ANoDE, even with your advice I still can't get into many levels. Is this a peculiarity of the PSP version?
The level files for Manor, Midas, Cistern, City of Khamoon, Sanctuary of the Scion, Atlantis and Great Pyramid are missing from the PSP build. Manor will probably get restored easily when it is possible to modify the psp files since only one text file is missing but the rest either needs converting from the PC version or compiling again from Maya.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 03-02-21 at 20:38.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 21:05   #135
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
ANoDE, even with your advice I still can't get into many levels. Is this a peculiarity of the PSP version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
The level files for Manor, Midas, Cistern, City of Khamoon, Sanctuary of the Scion, Atlantis and Great Pyramid are missing from the PSP build. Manor will probably get restored easily when it is possible to modify the psp files since only one text file is missing but the rest either needs converting from the PC version or compiling again from Maya.
Thanks, I've updated my post with your message to make it clear that not everything works.

Quote:

Making a tutorial would be greatly appreciated. I'd link / copy it to the OP in the Controls section, if you like.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 23:52   #136
LateRaider
Inactive

How to Emulate Tomb Raider: 10th Anniversary Edition (PSP) in PPSSPP with Keyboard/Mouse Controls

1. Download PPSSPP for Windows and unzip the archive. https://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

2. Important: You want to open the PPSSPPWindows.exe app; PPSSPPWindows64.exe will cause issues specifically with TR:AE.

3. Open the emulator and go to Game settings > More settings...

4. (NOTE: Skip down to step 9 if you aren't using keyboard/mouse.) Select Controls, then scroll all the way down to Mouse settings. Click the empty box beneath Use mouse control. After that, Trap mouse within window/display area will no longer be grayed out; check its box as well.

5. Click Mouse sensitivity. You want to increase it to 1.000 to make mapping your mouse easier.

6. Next go to Game settings > Control mapping...

7. Specifically next to Dpad Up, click the M button. This will let you set mouse controls for the D-Pad, which is how you move the camera in TR:AE.

8. When this pops up, move the mouse in the corresponding direction of the D-Pad. Do this for the rest of the D-Pad directions as well.

9. Next, set the key bindings according to TR:AE's controls by clicking the + next to any other button.

This is the layout I recommend based on other PC games I've seen:
Code:
Scroll Menus	D-Pad, Analog Stick		Mouse, WASD
Move Camera	D-Pad				Mouse

Run		(Full Push) Analog Stick	WASD
Walk		(Half Push) Analog Stick	---

Action		X				Left Click

Ledge Drop	O				E
Cancel		O				E

Jump		□				Space

Draw Weapons	△				Right Click

Manual Walk	L				Left Shift

Quick Turn	R				Q

Inventory	Select				Tab

Pause		Start				~
Note:
- Setting the mouse clicks will require you to click the M rather than the +.
- Setting Ctrl as a control binding is discouraged, as Ctrl+Q closes your current game in PPSSPP, which can happen quite easily on accident.
- Setting Esc as a control binding is impossible, as this key returns you to PPSSPP's dashboard.
- Those of you just using a controller can simply plug it in and set it up as you see fit, and skip step 10. This tutorial is aimed at people who specifically do not use controllers and want to play TR:10AE with a keyboard and mouse.

10. After this, go back to Game settings > More settings ... > Controls > Mouse settings. Set Mouse sensitivity to 0.020. This is the sensitivity that best replicates the PSP's D-Pad, and is easiest to control.

There you have it! To load the ISO itself, just select "Load" from the main menu as shown in part 3's screenshot. Get the ISO here: https://archive.org/download/IndyTRAEbuild

Last edited by LateRaider; 22-02-21 at 19:51.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 03:47   #137
Gaga

Does anyone mind helping me to get this running?
I downloaded and installed the updated files, everything works fine until I try to play a level, when it's done loading I get this error...

"Engine coregame.exe. - The instruction at 0x00000000004F46BE referenced at 0x0000000000000018. The memory could not be read."

edit: Got it working!

Last edited by Gaga; 05-02-21 at 03:55.
Gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 10:36   #138
Necromancer

If there is anyone that wants to run this on Linux, it works with Wine. You need to follow the tutorial provided for Windows, with one difference. Since Linux does not have lettered drives, you need to place the Artbase folder in the C drive of the Wine prefix. By default, this is located at:

Code:
~/.wine/drive_c
Put the artbase folder in that directory, and apply the patches as usual. If you want to run the game, there are two methods.

1) You can run it via the Wine explorer, which can be launched with this command:

Code:
wine explorer
From there, go to the C drive, and double click the BAT file just like you would on Windows. The game should open after this is done.

2) You can also execute the bat file from the command line without Wine explorer. Open a terminal and go to the directory where the bat file is located. Use this command to open the game:

Code:
wine cmd.exe /C MAIN\ MENU\ RUN.bat
MAIN MENU RUN.bat is the current name of the bat file provided with the patch. Change this accordingly if the bat file changes in the future.

I am currently using Arch Linux with Wine Staging v6.1. This may or may not work on your setup, but it worked for me.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 19:36   #139
scion05

PSP build doesn't work at all under PPSSPP on my Anbernic RG351p...

All I get is the title art and disc spin logo, no progression or options.

Last edited by scion05; 10-02-21 at 19:42.
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 18:22   #140
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
PSP build doesn't work at all under PPSSPP on my Anbernic RG351p...

All I get is the title art and disc spin logo, no progression or options.
for some reason it doesnt work on mobile, if youve got a pc try it on there.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote