Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 04-11-18, 21:57   #41
LateRaider
Inactive

Emailed Justin. The response I got:

"I haven't had an opportunity to check my old asset libraries yet. I
haven't forgotten your request though."

So, we wait. I honestly anticipate the answer being the same as the one I found: officially, he's just "Larson."

Assuming that's what happens, I suppose after that, we should look into tidying up some of the Wikis and letting Official Fansites know so they can be a little more accurate, if they even really care about a minor villain like Larson in the first place ahaha
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-18, 07:04   #42
LateRaider
Inactive

Edit - whoops! Should have checked TR: Legend before I made ignorant claims. Ignore this.

Last edited by LateRaider; 22-12-18 at 07:09.
Old 22-11-19, 15:52   #43
LateRaider
Inactive

Sorry to bump this old thread y'all, but Paul Douglas shed some light on this whole ordeal. I think it's a definitive answer at least for Core Design Larson.

https://twitter.com/cnhyv/status/1196557851034083328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Douglas
Larson evolved out of Lars Kruger who was an Afrikaner in a similar role in the original design.
It's meant to be a surname. Vicky always spelt it Larsen in the script so perhaps that should be the definitive spelling.
so... this is a world shattering revelation. I'm losing my mind, what do we do now. My clown avatar is now especially relevant

Last edited by LateRaider; 23-11-19 at 02:01.
Old 22-11-19, 22:39   #44
MBog

Larsen just sounds wrong at this point... Even the pronouniation in the games is closer to the "o" variant than the "e" .

Wow I wasn't up to date with the investigation and reading through these last few pages I have to say everyone did a great job, especially you DaftRaider
Hope we ll find the answer once and for all.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 22:46   #45
LateRaider
Inactive

Honestly, at this point i think that the name conway doesnt exist in official canon. I could try justin again or morrigan if she has time. But as far as I'm concerned this is as close as we can get to official word.

So... Whats Larsen's first name y'all lmao

Also regarding pronunciation, in American and British English both, Larson and Larsen sound like Larss'in. So either or really works

Last edited by LateRaider; 22-11-19 at 22:52.
Old 23-11-19, 01:14   #46
Boobandie

So any chance Paul Douglas would be willing to share any more details about earlier versions of TR1? I'd love to know more about the original design with Lars Kruger. Was this when it was still a male lead? Were we at Laura or Lara Cruz? How did Nephilim and South American deities fit in?

There are so many little hints at other versions of the story, but few are more than a couple of paragraphs of a design document.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 01:48   #47
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Honestly, at this point i think that the name conway doesnt exist in official canon. I could try justin again or morrigan if she has time. But as far as I'm concerned this is as close as we can get to official word.

So... Whats Larsen's first name y'all lmao

Also regarding pronunciation, in American and British English both, Larson and Larsen sound like Larss'in. So either or really works
....Tim.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 02:17   #48
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
....Tim.
Honestly, Timothy Larsen sounds pretty appropriate. Timmy J. Larsen, former soldier, kicked out for being a dumb-dumb.

I tweeted Morrigan but I understand she's busy with Avengers. We may not get a reply from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
So any chance Paul Douglas would be willing to share any more details about earlier versions of TR1? I'd love to know more about the original design with Lars Kruger. Was this when it was still a male lead? Were we at Laura or Lara Cruz? How did Nephilim and South American deities fit in?

There are so many little hints at other versions of the story, but few are more than a couple of paragraphs of a design document.
he's been doing so pretty regularly as far as i'm aware. answering pretty much any tweet about TRI sent his way.

one thing he did answer is apparently, it did go from Laura Cruz (very early) to Lara Cruz. but it wasn't because they didn't think americans could pronounce Laura, it was because they wanted her to seem more extraordinary by giving her a variation on the name Laura. only the Croft half came from the phone book!

https://twitter.com/cnhyv/status/1194181384182599680

Last edited by LateRaider; 23-11-19 at 02:32.
Old 23-11-19, 15:08   #49
JoelCaesar

Larson
Lar...son

Larceny?

Guess he likes to steal things
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 17:59   #50
CroftManiac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post