Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-07-19, 14:14   #1
_Seth

Default TR2 Gold fullscreen fix

I've installed a widescreen patch, but it will not display at fullscreen. The windows borders are still always visible. Is there a fix for this? TR-bordorless does nothing.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 18:57   #2
tomblover

You'll need to run the game via DgVoodoo in order to get rid of the borders - or use Arsunt's TR2Main patch, which I believe does the same thing (lets the game run on newer versions of DirectX).

I think all the widescreen patch does by itself is change the FOV, no?

Last edited by tomblover; 13-07-19 at 19:00.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 08:34   #3
_Seth

Thanks for the help. I couldn't work out how to apply Arsunt's patch, and with DgVoodoo, I do not know how to apply it's control panel options to TR2Gold.
Old 14-07-19, 13:48   #4
tomblover

I didn't read the title properly, sorry - the latest public release of Arsunt's patch doesn't actually support GM, yet...

For DgVoodoo, though - all you have to do is download the archive, drop the .conf and control panel .exe files in the GM root folder (where the game .exe is), and then grab the .dll files out of the MS/x86 folders and put them in the root folders as well.

Launch the control panel, and it should automatically detect the GM folder (under "config folder/running instance", or you can select the correct folder from there, if not). These are my settings; you can ignore the Glide tab.

Generally, the most important settings for you to change are the resolution (AFAIK you'll still have to set the resolution through the setup dialog for the game itself, the first time you launch it after - you'll notice DgVoodoo has overridden the graphics adapter options, so play along ) and to disable the dgVoodoo watermark.

None of the other options do much for any of the classics, I've found, so you can leave those alone. I've set my VRAM to 1024 as the game crashes for me if I go above that, but I think that's up to your rig. Again, not a difference that I can see, but I figured the more, the better.

Then just hit apply, OK, and launch the game.

EDIT: You strictly don't even need the control panel .exe present, just the .conf file and the .dlls I mentioned. I could upload my .conf file for you to replace yours with and it should run alright without needing further setup, if you want.

Last edited by tomblover; 14-07-19 at 13:55.
Old 14-07-19, 15:22   #5
LateRaider
Inactive

You can use Windowed Borderless Gaming to fix the fullscreen issue. That's how I do it. The alteration of Garrett's fullscreen patch I made ironically doesn't work for me.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 16:13   #6
_Seth

tomblover - thanks so much. It works but forces a dgvoodoo logo in the corner even though I untick it. Whenever I go back into its CP, settings are at the default again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
You can use Windowed Borderless Gaming to fix the fullscreen issue. That's how I do it. The alteration of Garrett's fullscreen patch I made ironically doesn't work for me.
I used to use this but do not know how to apply it. A Dos window pops up for 1 second and disappears. The alternative installation method makes no sense at all.
Old 14-07-19, 21:50   #7
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
tomblover - thanks so much. It works but forces a dgvoodoo logo in the corner even though I untick it. Whenever I go back into its CP, settings are at the default again.
Check your read-write permissions for the .conf file, it sounds like whatever changes you're making through the control panel are being reverted by Windows. Or just grab this (this is what I use across TR1-TR5) and replace yours altogether. You can delete the control panel too then, if you want.

It's from my TR anthology, which I put on a USB for my boyfriend, so it's designed with compatibility in mind.

Last edited by tomblover; 14-07-19 at 21:55.
Old 15-07-19, 07:58   #8
_Seth

Your file worked. Thanks so much, you've been most helpful.

This is why we need remasters, for the sake of preservation and compatibility.
Old 15-07-19, 08:05   #9
Arsunt

Quote:
This is why we need remasters, for the sake of preservation and compatibility.
Quote:
I couldn't work out how to apply Arsunt's patch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
the latest public release of Arsunt's patch doesn't actually support GM, yet...
If you want, I can provide a test build. It is already tested by few users and works fine. It works for both the original and the gold. Very easy to install, far easier than dgVoodoo.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 16:29   #10
LateRaider
Inactive

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...2&postcount=58 found my guide on how to make windowed borderless gaming work w/ trii gold. though it's not needed at this point
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote