Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 26-11-22, 00:20   #81
Samz

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness Ending

I feel like after everything that's happened with TR, this moment has went from sad to outright heartbreaking for me.

Tomb Raider died after this, sure LAU wasn't too bad but in hindsight with Survivor and everything I've heard about that documentory, TR is dead frankly, to me as I don't see anyway we're getting old-style TR ever again in an official capacity. (and so far no sort of TR inspired-game that tries to replicate that exists outside of when Duke Nukem/Indiana Jones did that a long time ago.)

We lost Core Design after this and Crystal would eventually basically mutate it into something entirely else. (While lying to everyone all the way to make the Survivor Trilogy seem better.)
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 20:03   #82
Gaelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness Ending

I feel like after everything that's happened with TR, this moment has went from sad to outright heartbreaking for me.

Tomb Raider died after this, sure LAU wasn't too bad but in hindsight with Survivor and everything I've heard about that documentory, TR is dead frankly, to me as I don't see anyway we're getting old-style TR ever again in an official capacity. (and so far no sort of TR inspired-game that tries to replicate that exists outside of when Duke Nukem/Indiana Jones did that a long time ago.)

We lost Core Design after this and Crystal would eventually basically mutate it into something entirely else. (While lying to everyone all the way to make the Survivor Trilogy seem better.)
Out of interest and apart from the obvious, what would it take to make a modern game - Tomb Raider or not for the sake of discussion - feel like that? I understand the general sentiment, just wondering if you could elaborate.
Gaelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 22:49   #83
l3igl3oss

Sonic Adventure

The whale chase scene in the first level. Absolutely stunning in 1999. I tried to recapture that moment using the director's cut version with the Dreamcast conversion mod on PC. 60 FPS and higher resolution helped.

Descent 3

The first time I used 6DoF (six degrees of freedom) in an outdoor setting with much better graphics than its prequels. The mission based design helped its variety and the robots' routines made combat very engaging.
l3igl3oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 21:20   #84
Shirley_Manson

For me its that moment in Fallout 3 when you ride the elevator up inside Washington Obelisk to set up the comm dish for Three Dog. Just seeing the morning sun at the top and the outline of Capitol building after slogging through super mutants and that dark dingy museum filled with gore bags for literall hours. It was such a moment of bliss and progress the first time I played.

Last edited by Shirley_Manson; 07-12-22 at 21:24.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote