www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 10-08-22, 10:09   #2261
Matie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Think this is now moving onto the decade of fear, we are totally off with all these viruses coming out of the woods, its as though they are making them up. (possibly in a lab).

No matter what, we have to live our lives and not go back to police state lockdowns and destruction of businesses and livelyhoods.

Our local shopping mall still has half of all the shops closed since the pandemic as the owners closed them forever. We cannot have a repeat of lockdowns. People will not stand for it anymore.
We can only blame ourselves for this, it'll become increasingly common as humans destroy nature. Our current way of life isn't sustainable.

Have a read:
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature09575
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02341-1

Last edited by Matie; 10-08-22 at 10:12.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-22, 01:11   #2262
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

The World Health Organization says that end to pandemic is in sight.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...***=reddit.com
Old 20-09-22, 21:26   #2263
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Biden declares the pandemic is over

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/19/u...over.html?s=09
Old 17-12-22, 16:29   #2264
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Finally the now former Irish Prime Minister Michael Martin who was incapable of dealing with the pandemic has resigned, in the words of Mel Gibson at the end of Braveheart freedom.

The 12 dumbest things the now former Irish Prime Minister did throughout his reign of terror during the pandemic.

In March 2020 he planned to travel to Washington DC for a taxpayer funded trio to The White House for an ego stroking photo opportunity this was despite the fact that at the time no-one could travel further than 5 kilometers in any direction by order of the government, clearly he believed that the rules that he imposed on everyone didn't apply to him when word got out about his intention to go to Washington DC he did a U-turn and was forced to stay here and had to settle for a virtual meeting which no doubt bruised his massively overinflated ego being denied a photo opportunity.

Travelling all over the country for various photo opportunities while no-one could go further than 5 kilometers in any direction, again he clearly believed that the rules that he imposed on everyone else didn't apply to him.

Bringing a camera crew with him when he got his first Covid vaccine so that he could pose for a photo opportunity despite the rules clearly stating that photos couldn't be taken at vaccination centers for privacy reasons again he felt that the rules didn't apply to him, he also had 2 staff at the vaccination center attend to him one to give him the vaccine and the other to hold his rolled up shirt sleeve for him so that he could concentrate on posing for an ego stroking photo opportunity.

When the remaining pubs that sold drinks only were finally allowed to reopen he imposed a rule that customers were to be seated at all times apart from when using the toilet when he was asked what if customers wanted to stand he replied if they want to stand they can stand on their chairs, I saw him saying that on TV during leaders questions the video of him saying that hasn't appeared on the internet I suspect that he had it withheld from the internet when he realised how stupid he was for saying it and so it couldn't be used against him as meme material.

His now defunct government repeatedly saying that pubs would be allowed to reopen on a certain date which led to pub owners spending tens of thousands of euro buying food and drink and hiring staff only to be told at the last minute that they wouldn't be allowed to reopen with no explanation given as to why they couldn't reopen.

His rule that people who wanted to buy a drink in a pub had to spend 10 euro on food before they could order a drink, for some reason he believed that if someone spent 10 euro on food before ordering a drink then they wouldn't get Covid I wonder how much of that food that no-one wanted that they had to order before they could buy a drink ended up in the bin.

His meaningful Christmas plan for December 2020 where he reopened the country 3 weeks before Christmas so that everyone could have a meaningful Christmas, it spectacularly backfired and we were back in a level 5 lockdown before New Year's Eve merry Christmas the narrative he was hoping for was the Prime Minister that saved Christmas instead we got the Prime Minister that ruined Christmas for everyone.

His going on radio silence for all of 2021 he did that after his meaningful Christmas plan backfired and he became too afraid to say anything incase it backfired again and because he didn't want to take the blame for anything that would go wrong.

His refusal to let cancer treatment services resume until the very end of this year, when he was asked when cancer treatment services which had been cancelled because of the pandemic would resume, the look on his face combined with his body language clearly said that he viewed cancer treatment services as unimportant and that he didn't want to be bothered by issues that were of no relevance to him he has blood on his hands because lots of people died from cancer because of his refusal to let cancer treatment services resume.

His willingness to be excessively subservient to the National Public Health Emergency Team aka nphet which led many to call the guy in charge at nphet the real Irish Prime Minister, very rarely did he go against the orders issued by nphet apart from just one occasion when nphet said that pubs that open at 12 noon should close at 5pm clearly the guy in charge of nphet believed that the Coronavirus began it's shift at 5pm and that if pubs closed just as the Coronavirus was beginning it's shift then no-one would get Covid.

Going on national TV on our flagship chat show The Late Late Show and jokingly saying that he didn't have the authority to make decisions, that comment did not go down well with people who were dissatisfied with his inability and unwillingness to make any decisions which was because of his over-reliance on nphet.

His abdicating his responsibility to deal with the pandemic and perceived handover of power to nphet, many felt that he handed over power to nphet so that he could blame nphet when something went wrong so that he wouldn't have to take the blame himself again, I expect nothing less from a weak willed spineless self serving and excessively narcissistic like him.

On December 1st Ursula Von Der Leyen was here in Ireland for some reason where she thanked the now former Irish Prime Minister for being very co-operative over the last 2 years and thanked him for skillfully leading the country through the pandemic.

More like she was praising her pet Irish Prime Minister for doing what his European masters told him to do, he doesn't do anything without the approval of his EU masters.

He didn't skillfully lead this country through the pandemic, he didn't bother leading this country through the pandemic as outlined above after his stupid meaningful Christmas plan backfired he refused to make any more decisions in case they would backfire again and abdicated his responsibility to deal with the pandemic and handed power to nphet.

For the last several days his Twitter feed has been full of pictures from his various trips around the country, no doubt he is putting together a scrapbook so that he can remember when he was relevant not that he was relevant in his mind he was relevant but to everyone else he never was relevant.

If he went to Hogwarts he undoubtedly would end up in Slytherin.

He was totally ineffective during his time as Prime Minister completely incapable of dealing with the pandemic he took the easy way out everytime there was an increase in Coronavirus cases by repeatedly and without hesitation inflicting one lockdown after another on the country, by doing so he also made sure that he wouldn't have to take responsibility for any decisions he made that went wrong by abdicating his responsibility to deal with the pandemic by relying solely on nphet by letting the head guy at nphet make all the decisions that way he wouldn't have to take the blame when a decision he made went wrong.

He wanted to be Prime Minister so badly he made a deal to do a job swap and inherited a pandemic that he was incapable of dealing with.

My one and only favourite part from his reign of terror was when he tested positive for the Coronavirus when he was in Washington DC in March this year which prevented him from getting the ego stroking photo opportunity that he desperately wanted with Joe Biden I was delighted that he tested positive as it undoubtedly bruised his massively overinflated ego that he couldn't get the ego stroking photo opportunity that he desperately wanted.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-22, 18:36   #2265
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I really hate wearing masks with my new glasses. They are plastic and they slip like crazy. I have to put my mask on with the loops around the arms of my glasses and then position the mask where it's not up against the bridge of my nose in order for the glasses to stay on. My old glasses weren't too much trouble, but this is the first time with my new glasses which is a major pain.