www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-02-21, 14:57   #21
Dennis's Mom

TR1--walking into the Cistern for the first time. The way the area just opens up and you see all the places you need to go.

Silent Hill 2: the Pyramid Head rape scene.

DMC1: Beating Nightmare 3rd on normal. (Hey, I'm just a mom.)

GOW2: the scale of the entire thing. Those giant horses.

Shadow of the Colossus remake: every single moment. What a gorgeous game.

TLOU: Final rescue of Ellie.

Onimusha 3: opening movie.
Old 02-02-21, 15:07   #22
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider - T-rex - I will always remember this moment, I think it was the first time I ever had to pause a game and compose myself. The sheer panic mixed excitement all rolled into one had me on the edge of my seat.

The Last of Us - Sarah’s Death: Another first for me, the first time a video game made me cry. It’s amazing how Naughty Dog had us connected to a character that’s literally on screen for 10 minutes. The heartbreak I felt was unreal and a moment I will never ever forget.

The Getaway - I will never forget how amazed I was at the graphics for the game, considering it was on PS2 at the time it was the best looking game I’d ever played. Really wish they’d bring this back.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 15:25   #23
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider 2: completing The Great Wall's demo and, at a later date, the full level. It was my first experience with a TR game. I was 9 and it was magnificent. I couldn't believe what I had achieved!

Tomb Raider The Last Revelation: the ending had me replaying the escape sequence countless times. I was desperately searching for a clue about Lara's fate. There had to exist an indication of Lara surviving the dire situation she was in. Of course, I found nothing.

Final Fantasy X: Yuna and Tidus in Lake Macalania + the ending.

There are many others. The listed ones are just some of the most memorable.
Old 02-02-21, 16:23   #24
Raider8
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
For me, it might have been the fight against The Anchor. It didn't have the killer soundtrack of the Ashtray Maze, but there was definitely this OMG WTF moment as it rose into view. And that my first initial shots at it did zero damage just heightened my sense of oh....
Tbh Control was hell of a ride. Every object of power and boss fight was so so much awesome. Essej was iconic and the huge mold plant boss scared the crap outta me.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 18:01   #25
Aquabird
Hobbyist

TR1: Another vote for the T-Rex.

FF7: That opening with the huge zoom out to show the whole of Midgar, then the zoom back in to Cloud and Co. leaping off the train. Red XIII learning about Seto. Aeris joining the Lifestream. Geronimoing off the Highwind into Midgar while turning somersaults in the air. That end shot of Aeris opening her eyes that links back to the very first cutscene.

Alundra: Killing Ronan with the Holy Sword. Maximum karma, you know what I am saying?

Unreal: That part in Rrajigar Mine where you enter a long tunnel and the doors slam shut at either end, the music suddenly goes quiet, the lights go off one by one until you're in complete darkness, and then the Skaarj leaps out at you as the hype music starts up. Still scares the hell out of me 20+ years later.

And a much more recent one: the Airbuster fight in FF7R. The remade boss theme alone justified the game for me.

Oh, and a bit different: my guild's Lich King kill in World of Warcraft after many, many wipes. That was a fantastic moment.
Aquabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 19:12   #26
Kirishima
Explorer

Sub Zero ripping my character's head off in the MD version of Mortal Kombat, and maybe Scorpion's fatality. Stuff like that kinda sticks with you when you can count your age on one hand at the time.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 23:51   #27
Tomb Raidering
Professor

The T-Rex moment in TR1 is iconic at this point. Shout-out to the doppelganger moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation: the ending had me replaying the escape sequence countless times. I was desperately searching for a clue about Lara's fate. There had to exist an indication of Lara surviving the dire situation she was in. Of course, I found nothing.
This tea
Old 03-02-21, 00:14   #28
Los Angeles
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Tomb Raider 2: completing The Great Wall's demo and, at a later date, the full level. It was my first experience with a TR game. I was 9 and it was magnificent. I couldn't believe what I had achieved!
hahahahaah awwww

I remember getting into the water, not knowing what I was supposed to do and floating there in the corner, because I was scared of the tiger.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 15:44   #29
Zsott
Professor

Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone (PC): Knocking Malfoy off of his broom.
(My first PC was a Pentium 2 old potato, practically nothing ran on it, but Worms. HP was lagging most of the time, so it was impossible to finish that level.Many years later, I got around to play it again, while I was dreading the moment of reaching that point... turned out, it was laughably easy.)

Disney's Tarzan (PSX): There's a level with adult Tarzan, where you ride an elephant. I kept dying over and over, never figured out what to do...hence to this day, I never completed that game.

Hitman Contracts : Meat King's Party. Disco in a slaughter house, with some BDSM stuff and that's the light side of that level... 'nuff said.

Tomb Raider 3: High security compound. Just at the end of the level my game got glitched, so the lasers for the last turreted gate was not able to deactivate, as it was supposed to. I spent days if not weeks to figure out a way to bypass it. Finally I used the weapon cheat and ran trough it, while spamming the medipacks.

Also, Lud's gate: there's a room with a frogman, who can trigger an alarm. I was unable to figure out what to do, because if I went underwater, I ran out of oxigen, while I was attacked by several frogmen, and a crocodile. Multiple times.

HITMAN: Hokkaido. Killing Eric Soders with a malfunctioning AI.

Tomb Raider Legend: When Fluffy spams his red goo, leaving no time for Lara to get up, so she constantly stuck in the knocked over animation, while gets pushed over the ledge.

Fallout 3: Blowing up Megaton

Also activating Liberty Prime, then going with him to fight the Enclave.

Also, also; finding out, that the president of the US is an AI.

Last edited by Zsott; 12-02-21 at 15:47.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 17:07   #30
TombRager
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Hitman Contracts : Meat King's Party. Disco in a slaughter house, with some BDSM stuff and that's the light side of that level... 'nuff said.
Ah yes this level was pretty brutal, specially that room with the hanging girl. And the game itself was very dark too, but pretty cool.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote