www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-09-22, 00:15   #21
redfox45
Professor

I'm quite surprised. I was expecting you to eagerly make a #trumpisoverparty style thread where people can post memes and laugh at brits being upset.

I guess you don't hold a deep grudge against the queen the way I thought you did. Like I thought you REALLY hated her.
Old 09-09-22, 03:51   #22
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

She offered and wanted to be a part of the publics heart, and she very much achieved that. I hope her family all got to see her before the end. She was a constant, something that was always there for almost everyone alive today. For many people, I imagine she will always be the queen. However you feel about monarchy, it is still sad to see her go.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 03:58   #23
.snake.
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
What!?

The title is longstanding tradition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ki..._live_the_king!
I think youíll find most people here are too dumb to even know thatís a traditional statement thatís said when a monarch dies.

Your thread isnít even that bad.

Itís more some of the other people replying here who think theyíre cool and edgy by posting crass things towards the Queen, and basically not having outgrown their teenage infantilism.

She was still a remarkable woman who lived through many periods of history. Honestly, what would Lara do?
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 03:59   #24
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
I'm quite surprised. I was expecting you to eagerly make a #trumpisoverparty style thread where people can post memes and laugh at brits being upset.

I guess you don't hold a deep grudge against the queen the way I thought you did. Like I thought you REALLY hated her.
You mean me? No, why would I hate the Queen? All that high-handed business from the 1700s was Mad King George III's fault, not hers, and it was long ago.

Though I do like to get certain monarchist supporters here going, with some of my posts.

But it's your country, and you can have a king or queen at the head of it if you want to. I don't care. Long as none of that business ever pops up over here again.

I was thinking: none of you here are likely to see a woman on the throne again in your lifetimes. All the heirs for many decades to come are male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
She was still a remarkable woman who lived through many periods of history. Honestly, what would Lara do?
Lara will be attending the funeral, of course, dressed in black, with sunglasses and a veil to stay anonymous.

There's a fun game to play 10 days from now, spot Lara at the Queen's funeral.

Last edited by Sir Launcelot; 09-09-22 at 04:07.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 05:41   #25
ostercy
Explorer

I'm very sad the Queen is dead. The Royal Family no longer interests me.
Old 09-09-22, 07:09   #26
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Itís more some of the other people replying here who think theyíre cool and edgy by posting crass things towards the Queen, and basically not having outgrown their teenage infantilism.

Yes, it's not even been 24 hours and the lack of respect is really something.
Old 09-09-22, 09:00   #27
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostercy View Post
I'm very sad the Queen is dead. The Royal Family no longer interests me.
I lost interest after Meghan got her claws into Harry, before he married her I liked him as he was the most likeable member of the royal family now he's just boring.

Meghan claims that she didn't Google him before she met him which I think is unlikely, I think she was bored and looking for something to do so one day she decided that she would marry him and then rescue him by getting him to withdraw from royal duty.

She must have been bored and looking for something to do maybe she felt that her career as an actor was in decline and she started looking for a way to stay popular and she decided that marrying Harry would be the best way of doing that.

I don't like Meghan she comes across as attention seeking, some of the pictures I saw recently of her I don't know if they are from before or after she married him are of her looking at him with what she thinks is a romantic I only have eyes for you expression on her face while it looks more like help I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

I overheard someone at the newsagents yesterday discussing Harry and Meghan saying that their marriage won't last.

Meghan is a control freak and queen bee wanting to be in charge of everything, if I had met her and chosen not to marry her, that would be a bullet dodged.

Moving on from Meghan.

I didn't notice it until my mother pointed it out to me last night that there were bruises on the Queen's right hand.

In the pictures of Liz Truss and the Queen shown on Sky News on Tuesday and again last night bruises could be seen on her right hand, IIRC the Queen had recently developed mobility issues she either fell over or hit her hand off something
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 09:42   #28
Teone
Historian

Liz Truss Avada Kedavra
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 09:42   #29
SrDanielPonces
Tomb Raider

Anything u said about Megan makes 0 sense, if anything she's grounded to reality unlike most of royal family
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 10:07   #30
Jamise_Croft
Archaeologist

Didnít anonymous leaked that in fact it was the royal family who killed lady di?
Oh diana about to beat her up