www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 17-06-22, 13:40   #39841
Amunet
Archaeologist

I've been doing a Star Wars marathon and just finished re-watching Episodes I-VI + Rogue One!

It's been so many years since I've watched the Prequels and even more so the Original trilogy, it was almost like watching them for the first time! I've been sharing some of my thoughts from this re-watch on letterboxd if anyone is interested.

I've also been watching the Obi-Wan Kenobi series and I'm enjoying it very much (it's his fault I went on this re-watch binge!)

Last edited by Amunet; 17-06-22 at 17:06.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-22, 16:54   #39842
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Obi-Wan Kenobi

It’s no Mandalorian but I like what they’re doing with it
Old 19-06-22, 20:36   #39843
HarleyCroft
Professor

Lightyear, while the character motivations stumble a bit the story and pacing are great. Liked it, will probably watch again

The Batman on the other hand.. what the hell? Paul Dano was real creepy as the Riddler but it felt like nothing really happened throughout the 3 hours. It was like a generic cop movie featuring some chump dressed as Batman but at least the fight choreography was satisfying.

I also liked Selina Her cowl being a cut-up balaclava mask with the top stitching ever-so-slightly looking like cat ears was adorable

Not too much chemistry between her and Bats tho
Old 26-06-22, 00:18   #39844
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

The Craft (1996)
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 00:55   #39845
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

There's Someone Inside Your House
Candyman (2021)
Last Night in Soho

I enjoyed TSIYH. The others bored me.

No more elevated horrors. More trashy teen slashers.

Last edited by TRhalloween; 05-07-22 at 08:30.
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 15:04   #39846
Dennis's Mom

Mindhorn on Netflix.

We were looking for something fun, and this was on a RT list.

Washed up TV actor "helps" police solve a murder. Very fun. Not long. You will laugh.
Old 06-07-22, 20:15   #39847
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

The Undeclared War episode 1

It's basically the TV show Cobra Cyberwar just with a different name.

I hope that Boris Johnson wasn't watching it, there's a reference to him in the first episode that he won't like that's if he ever finds out about it.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 00:45   #39848
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

The Lost City

Yassified Reboot Lara delivers.
Old 11-07-22, 10:07   #39849
MrBear
Relic Hunter

I just rewatched The Descendants, remembering it vaguely as one of those pleasant indie movies that offer you a nice piece of escapism into a fictional corner that's fun, comforting, and makes you wish that real life was more like it. And it does, but I forgot that it also moves subtly between not just subdued drama and humour, but gentle tragedy that can really tug on your heartstrings. It's not as sharp and flashy as something like Little Miss Sunshine - some might find this movie boring, even, but I just love getting soaked in the atmosphere of a family's emotional ups and downs, and get a good cry out of it in the end. Good movie, can recommend

Last edited by MrBear; 11-07-22 at 10:08.
MrBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-22, 21:40   #39850
perryloo
Explorer

Well I have the whole collection DVD set of LOST, its been sitting gathering dust on my shelf for years, and I decided to start at the beginning this week, might take me months to get through it

I know everyone hated the end, as it was the easy way out by the writers to explain all the supernatural stuff that was going on, so they condemned LOST to being a bad series. But i say it was the travel through the whole ark story of the series that made it fantastic. I remember the smoke monster, the lottery numbers, the hatch, the old ship, the zoo, the underwater base, etc, but what I did not realise after just watching the first two episodes how the show really gripped you, the colourful characters, the suspense, and especially the creepy music.

Wish me luck getting through it all in a few months. It took seven years the first time to get through it when it was first aired on TV. Just a pity i know the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
The Undeclared War episode 1
It's basically the TV show Cobra Cyberwar just with a different name.
I hope that Boris Johnson wasn't watching it, there's a reference to him in the first episode that he won't like that's if he ever finds out about it.
I gave it a chance with the first episode, but was bored out my skull with all that cyber stuff, plus the acting was so wooden, with technical computer comments that were either made up or just undecipherable. Reminded me of a 1960's old Doctor Who script, LOL.

Will give it a chance this weeks episode, and if still as boring, will pack it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I've been doing a Star Wars marathon and just finished re-watching Episodes I-VI + Rogue One! .....)
I just loved the original 4, 5 and 6 when they came out, just fantastic, always pull out the DVD's and watch them over and over. Was never happy with Jar Jar Binks and company in 1, 2 and 3. Got them on DVD but never watch.

As for the latest ones, I only liked the stand alone films, so got the DVD's on Rouge One and Hans Solo

Last edited by perryloo; 14-07-22 at 21:55.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote