Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 18-12-20, 06:27   #1
Richard_trle

Default Question about Two Block Platform and Raising Block

Well, I have a part of my level which I want to use an object to obstruct the passage until the player performs some action, when the player fulfill those actions the path becomes cleared again. I don't want to use flipmap because I would need to rework several rooms, trapdoor is not suitable either because it must be setup correctly or else it causes level to crash.

One nice option was Raising Block, however if I put the trigger on the same tile as the object, the block raises in a odd way. Because it puts the dummy block right at 4 ticks.

The other alternative and the best one so far is Two Block Platform, it even changes the point of view, that a feature which I came with is rightly showcased!

However, even though I'm able to make it ascend, I have not managed to make it go back, even with antitrigger.

Is there any way (other than using TREP), using TRNG script to make it go down?

Thanks in advance.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-20, 12:53   #2
AkyV

You can use ACTION "Move" triggers or FLIPEFFECTs for "PARAM_MOVE_ITEM" to move any objects vertically. Even a Two Block Platform, but isn't a Bridge_Flat working better with that for this purpose?
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-20, 13:24   #3
Richard_trle

Is there a tutorial explaining how to move bridge flat objects vertically, in both vectors?

/edit

I have managed to make the twoblock platform move down, however if I step back on it, it moves upwards, clicking One Shot does nothing to prevent that which kind kills the process

/edit2

Well, I have managed to accomplish what I wanted, just used a Trigger Group and the TGROUP_SINGLE_SHOT flag

Last edited by Richard_trle; 19-12-20 at 05:49.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote