www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 21-03-20, 17:34   #51
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

What's this talk of no bosses. TR always had bosses. And not only endgame bosses. It wasn't formulaic with each level or set of levels ending in a boss fight, which is nice, but they still existed.
Old 21-03-20, 20:26   #52
BlueCake
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
i think he means lara dying after one hit. but i can be wrong..
Nah, i meant enemies die with 1 shot. You see, the purpose of enemies in those games are making platforming harder, more like a obstacle.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 20:45   #53
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycekuva View Post
^^
Tomb Raider should go back to its roots and keep combat to humans to an extreme minimum. lets say, a main antagonist and 4 goons. the rest of the enemies should be regular animals
and supernatural entities. and under no circumstances be bosses of any kind or drop keys to progress.
I kindly disagree. Tomb Raider I was a masterpiece back in the day and it's still quite fun nowadays. But if they brought another game like that today it'd be a snorefest. The combat is always something I look forward to. That's what I love about Tomb Raider. The mixture between combat and puzzles. Not puzzles alone. Bosses can be a very fun addition to those games too. Tomb Raider III is a perfect example of that.
Old 21-03-20, 21:31   #54
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

The thing about fighting animals is that it doesn't make Lara look very heroic. Commander Shepard is taking down 2 kilometer tall sentient machines that threaten to exterminate the entire galaxy, and Lara Croft is shooting a bear, just like Hillbilly Jim from Appalachia.

I would want diverse and creative enemies to shoot, including but not limited to human enemies with flamethrowers and bulldozers, Utahraptors, aliens, robots, mummies, ninja's and seamonsters.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-20, 00:45   #55
krycekuva
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I kindly disagree. Tomb Raider I was a masterpiece back in the day and it's still quite fun nowadays. But if they brought another game like that today it'd be a snorefest. The combat is always something I look forward to. That's what I love about Tomb Raider. The mixture between combat and puzzles. Not puzzles alone. Bosses can be a very fun addition to those games too. Tomb Raider III is a perfect example of that.

isn't that the problem with the new games? way too much combat? it feels almost like an uncharted game, battle arena one after the other one...

i have the opposite effect when playing tomb raider or uncharted. the combat parts bore me, while the exploration in TR and the story and set pieces in uncharted, are what keeps me hooked. but then i guess that's part of the problem with 3 generations of TRs and over 12 big entries to the franchise. everyone likes a different aspect of TR and Lara croft.

@Nigel: LOL... but I agree. Lara defending herself from rats and bats, and killing rabbits and deers to gain strength. except for the jaguars and bears, most animals she kills are in way animals harmful to humans... not even wolfs or the endangered lynxs... and there are not river morays. that should have been an anaconda instead just to keep it grounded

Last edited by krycekuva; 22-03-20 at 00:49.
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-20, 01:03   #56
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogame View Post
What would you think it would be like if Lara Croft has a no kill rule like batman? For example she only kill animals but not people.

The gameplay would be something like Madworld, Limbo, or Portal. That would be a game with no bad guys. Just tomb raiding. But if there are bad guys it sour only be stealth and chase scenes.
This text immediately contradicts your title. A non violent game is a game with no combat at all. And the first thing you mention is Batman. I dont know anything about other 3 games you mentioned, if they have any fighting but Batman games( and you can include here comics and animated series) do have. The fact Batman not kills his enemies does not mean is not violent towards them. He beats them up to stop or capture them.
And killing animals still count as violence.
Old 23-03-20, 15:19   #57
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogame View Post
What would you think it would be like if Lara Croft has a no kill rule like batman? For example she only kill animals but not people.

The gameplay would be something like Madworld, Limbo, or Portal. That would be a game with no bad guys. Just tomb raiding. But if there are bad guys it sour only be stealth and chase scenes.
No thanks.

The last thing I want is another excuse for them to give us a tearfest game where she cries if she has to punch a bad guy in the face, asking 'father' for forgiveness.
Old 23-03-20, 15:51   #58
New Dwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
What's the point of Lara having the duals if she isn't going to use them. No combat and 1 hit kills are never going to be compatible with Tomb Raider. Lara strives for danger, she doesn't just raid tombs, she loves the thrill of putting down her enemies whoever they be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
No thanks.

The last thing I want is another excuse for them to give us a tearfest game where she cries if she has to punch a bad guy in the face, asking 'father' for forgiveness.
ThAnK YoU.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote