Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-02-20, 02:20   #1601
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
*Shadow Lara voice* Oh, yes... Now I remember!

You’re correct! I knew it was something similar to that...
Well thank you so much from your reply Tomb Raidering
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 08:05   #1602
charmedangelin

Can I just say playing AOD with a controller on PC with the movement speed patch is wonderful. She feels so fluid on controller with the patch.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 19:36   #1603
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Can I just say playing AOD with a controller on PC with the movement speed patch is wonderful. She feels so fluid on controller with the patch.
Sure that sounds like a great idea to play this game under that setting.

Now anyway as much as I remember why exactly was this Tomb Raider game rushed was because it was Eidos all along who have STOLE THAT AMBITIOUS VICTORY AWAY FROM CORE DESIGN!! So they did. They did, and the worst thing was that Murti Schofield had to abandon some of his notes to develop the rest of the AOD trilogy as Eidos have made it all stay right inside of this bloody bath red lake as it represents from the 7th period.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 26-02-20 at 19:54.
Old 13-03-20, 21:25   #1604
red_lion

I am analysing the Louvre Galleries level. Did anyone play this whole level on stealth mode?

I did and I saw that there are lesser baddies then shooting and running into the area.

My question: if you play on stealth mode in the Galleries under siege level, does it have effect on the number of kills?
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-20, 21:50   #1605
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
I am analysing the Louvre Galleries level. Did anyone play this whole level on stealth mode?

I did and I saw that there are lesser baddies then shooting and running into the area.

My question: if you play on stealth mode in the Galleries under siege level, does it have effect on the number of kills?
Sorta unintentionally.

The Dart gun uniquely doesn't take down the Mercenaries for good, they wake up after a few seconds and the game only spawns certain mercs if other mercs are dead. (Maybe even de-spawned? I'll have to test with the option for infinite bodies with the EXE multipatcher, that might explain why certain enemies seem to rarely spawn for me anymore.)

So running past or using the Dart gun on enemies and moving on while they're taking a nap will actually result in less total enemies in the stage as 2-3 extra enemies won't spawn.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-20, 22:19   #1606
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post

If you are "stealthy":
-one guard on the stairs
-one guard in the atrium
-one guard in the portait room
-one guard in the inner corridors (the one who holds a key)
-one guard in the office corridor
- one guard in the security booth

This is 6 guards, who are mandatory to eliminate, with 3 optional: who's doing his circles on the roof of the portait room, one who's doing his circles (if he's not bugged) in the greek exhibit and one in the big book room.

If you go in guns blazing:

-two guards on the stairs (caught by camera)
-one guard in the egyptian exhibit (alarm goes off)
-two guard in the atrium (caught by camera)
-two guard in the portait room (caught by camera)
-one guard on rooftop
-one guard in the inner corridors (the one who holds a key)
-one guard in the office corridor
-one guard in the security booth
-one guard at the greek exhibit
-one guard in the atrium (sometimes he spawns a second time, if caught by camera)
-one guard in the big book room

That's 14 guards to eliminate. On the next level, you are forced to kill everyone.

Last edited by Zsott; 13-03-20 at 22:23.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 11:59   #1607
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

I think there was really going to be more details added into the sequence of most or all of the scenes for TR6AOD because I did read into the scripts from the dark angel symphony site.
Old 02-04-20, 12:08   #1608
_Tomb_Raider

I have been re-playing AOD during these Corona times.

I always go with the "safe" dialog option when encountering Bouchard for the first time, but since I completely forgot what she says to him to get herself killed I went with the other option..Boy was I in for a surprise.

Quote:
L: Don't jerk me around Bouchard. I lost that friend yesterday.
B: You better watch your mouth lady.
L: I'll watch nothing. I'm sick of your Parisian lowlife ways. I need results.
B: Careful vixen. You don't need things to get any worse.
L: And how will that happen? You'll set these pussycats on me, right?
We all know Lara is shady like hell in this game but this just took it to the next level. I wish there was something to prevent the shooting so I can usually just go with this narrative.

Last edited by _Tomb_Raider; 02-04-20 at 12:33.
_Tomb_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 18:10   #1609
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider View Post
I have been re-playing AOD during these Corona times.

I always go with the "safe" dialog option when encountering Bouchard for the first time, but since I completely forgot what she says to him to get herself killed I went with the other option..Boy was I in for a surprise.

We all know Lara is shady like hell in this game but this just took it to the next level. I wish there was something to prevent the shooting so I can usually just go with this narrative.
But too bad as that's how Core Design have developed this Tomb Raider game like they've really never done before way back then as I enjoy playing this great Tomb Raider game that I have ever played since the release date as that was all of day 1!!
Old 16-04-20, 23:54   #1610
Samz

So did Core Design know they might not ever make a TR game after this one?

Just asking since after finishing my most recent playthrough the ending feels very oddly fitting for AOD.

A sadly unfinished over too soon ending and the way Lara walks into the darkness with the sad bit of the tune makes me wonder if maybe the people putting together the cutscene for the ending knew the writing was on the wall.

(Also anyway to fix the steam overlay? I don't want to use the P4 EXE download since P4 doesn't work well with the fixed Heat Haze effect and I'm not a fan of the changes to controls, I pretty much want to just fix the overlay on the "AOD" Exe.

Last edited by Samz; 17-04-20 at 00:11.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote