Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 02-02-19, 13:57   #21
Dustie

I only took a quick look and saw that light of the rooms Lara is in dictates how the inventory objects are lit as well, so they change lighting all the time in a level. I didn't see anything in the readme file about setting up a custom light scheme for the inventory screen, but I'm assuming that's possible? I remember you showed how you achieved the neat TR3 look for the inventory by setting up a special room with lights.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-19, 14:09   #22
JMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakira Croft View Post
Thank you so much for this!

I have a question: currently, I have a PDA which is used as a diary + to save/load the game. Is it possible to do so with a customized passport?
Assuming you've set up a TRNG diary in the QUEST_ITEM2 slot, the following should do what you want:

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_QUEST2,>
	CINV_ACTION_USE, CINV_EXTRANG_STRING+51, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
	CINV_ACTION_LOAD_GAME, 173, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
	CINV_ACTION_SAVE_GAME, 179, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Note I'm using a custom ExtraNG string here with index 51, which in my case has a value of Journal. Change to whichever string you want to use.

If you also want it to act like the passport, you'll need a passport object in your wad with the appropriate animations, e.g. the one from TR3. Then add the following additional script commands:

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_PASSPORT, CINV_ITEM_QUEST2, IGNORE

Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ANIMATION, CINV_ITEM_QUEST2,>
	CINV_ANIM_ACTIVATE, 0, 0, 14, CINV_TRUE,>
	CINV_ANIM_CANCEL, 0, 24, 29, CINV_TRUE,>
	CINV_ANIM_PASSPORT_PAGE2, 0, 14, 19, CINV_FALSE,>
	CINV_ANIM_PASSPORT_PAGE3, 0, 19, 24, CINV_FALSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I only took a quick look and saw that light of the rooms Lara is in dictates how the inventory objects are lit as well, so they change lighting all the time in a level. I didn't see anything in the readme file about setting up a custom light scheme for the inventory screen, but I'm assuming that's possible? I remember you showed how you achieved the neat TR3 look for the inventory by setting up a special room with lights.
The lighting should stay the same per level, except when underwater which is one of the known issues noted in the description.

By default the lighting is based on the room with the brightest ambience. To change this, use the Customize= CUST_CINV_LIGHTING command.

Last edited by JMN; 02-02-19 at 14:18.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 05:46   #23
Ado Croft

OMG, i have been waiting for this inventory mode more than 12 years . And finally this is it thank you very much.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 09:53   #24
Shakira Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Assuming you've set up a TRNG diary in the QUEST_ITEM2 slot, the following should do what you want:

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_QUEST2,>
	CINV_ACTION_USE, CINV_EXTRANG_STRING+51, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
	CINV_ACTION_LOAD_GAME, 173, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
	CINV_ACTION_SAVE_GAME, 179, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Note I'm using a custom ExtraNG string here with index 51, which in my case has a value of Journal. Change to whichever string you want to use.

If you also want it to act like the passport, you'll need a passport object in your wad with the appropriate animations, e.g. the one from TR3. Then add the following additional script commands:

Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_PASSPORT, CINV_ITEM_QUEST2, IGNORE

Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ANIMATION, CINV_ITEM_QUEST2,>
	CINV_ANIM_ACTIVATE, 0, 0, 14, CINV_TRUE,>
	CINV_ANIM_CANCEL, 0, 24, 29, CINV_TRUE,>
	CINV_ANIM_PASSPORT_PAGE2, 0, 14, 19, CINV_FALSE,>
	CINV_ANIM_PASSPORT_PAGE3, 0, 19, 24, CINV_FALSE
Works like a charm! Thanks a lot

Edit: actually no... I can't load/save the game, it keeps crashing. And I don't understand how I can remove the generic load and save items in the 3rd ring

Last edited by Shakira Croft; 03-02-19 at 09:57.
Shakira Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 11:04   #25
Sabatu

is there a way to remove SELECT AMMO from the new Inventory plugin? I am making TR1 so there is no need to have function CHOOSE AMMO /// In the Future this will solve my problem to have only one type of ammo / M16 od Crossbow slot
If yes, could someone help me? send me that script ) ?
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 11:23   #26
LGG_PRODUCTION

I suggest a manual for all of them that don't know how to setup the features of the plugins
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 11:45   #27
AkyV

There are tons of CUST_CINV constants in NG Center to customize the ring with Customize script commands. You should read through all of them to really understand how the full customization could work.
Probably still none of us are really familiar with them. Including me, who tested much with them. This is a complex task.

I suppose Sabatu should experiment with CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION to remove CHOOSE AMMO.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 13:17   #28
JMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakira Croft View Post
I can't load/save the game, it keeps crashing. And I don't understand how I can remove the generic load and save items in the 3rd ring
It seems a few people are having issues with saving and loading. Stupid question, but are you using TRNG 1.3.0.7 + NG Center 1.5.7 and not loading savegames created before installing the plugin?

For removing the memcards, the simplest would be to just remove them from the wad. Another option is to use the 704: Inventory. Set the number of <&> to zero flipeffect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatu View Post
is there a way to remove SELECT AMMO from the new Inventory plugin? I am making TR1 so there is no need to have function CHOOSE AMMO /// In the Future this will solve my problem to have only one type of ammo / M16 od Crossbow slot
If yes, could someone help me? send me that script ) ?
This disables the CHOOSE AMMO action:

Code:
#DEFINE @Plugin_ClassicInventory  1

Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_CROSSBOW, CINV_ACTION_CHOOSE_AMMO, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 1, IGNORE
TriggerGroup= 1, $018000, 0, $64 ; always false

#DEFINE @plugins CLEAR

Last edited by JMN; 03-02-19 at 13:23.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 13:51   #29
Shakira Croft

Quote:
It seems a few people are having issues with saving and loading. Stupid question, but are you using TRNG 1.3.0.7 + NG Center 1.5.7 and not loading savegames created before installing the plugin?
Yes I'm using those versions and no I'm not. The game crashes when I select the "save" or "load" text on the screen.

Quote:
For removing the memcards, the simplest would be to just remove them from the wad. Another option is to use the 704: Inventory. Set the number of <&> to zero flipeffect.
F704 is perfect, thanks

Edit: do you have a "classic pack" to download (like in this video ?), I mean like animated medipacks, stopwatch, map, etc... ??

Last edited by Shakira Croft; 03-02-19 at 16:57.
Shakira Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 15:15   #30
Sabatu

This disables the CHOOSE AMMO action:

Code:
#DEFINE @Plugin_ClassicInventory  1

Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_CROSSBOW, CINV_ACTION_CHOOSE_AMMO, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 1, IGNORE
TriggerGroup= 1, $018000, 0, $64 ; always false

#DEFINE @plugins CLEAR
OMG thank you

By the way. Now when you finished Classic inventory, you can now make classic black water and then we will have almost everything for making older looking Tomb raider games .)
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote