www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-03-20, 21:48   #1
Tyrannosaurus
Relic Hunter

Default #BringBackClassicLara & Tomb Raider 1-6 Remasters + Expansion Packs

I don't know if this petition has been posted here or not, but I found this link in Nathan McCree's feed on Facebook today. I thought I'd share it:

Quote:
The real Lara Croft is long overdue for a return. The world has gone crazy with revivals, remakes and remasters and the only big name not participating in this is Lara Croft. Resident Evil has gone back to its routes, Spyro has had a remake and Bandicoot has had a return too which have been received well. Devil May Cry is among these games.

Tomb Raider has been ignoring the source material for a long time now for things including Lara's personality, backstory, design and the same goes for the many places she visits. The character and franchise has been turned into something unrecognisable and its time she goes back to being an character that can be viewed as confident, strong and truly independent not dwelling on backstories sobbing over her parents and living inside shadows including her own. The solution to this is restore her former glory, no franchise has ever completely denied the history of what made it famous to begin with.

Core Design's original backstory for the character was more engaging and had more depth and depicted a person who was truly independent. We want to have the Core Design era of Lara represented in the mainstream again for the next instalment of Tomb Raider. At the minimal a full return, restarting or continuing from anywhere based on TR1-6 and hopefully restoring her old games and expansion packs to all current platforms which have never been available before outside of PC.
Judging by the comment she made in response, Rhianna is not taking this very well. She called this petition "deliberately insulting" to work she and the rest of the design team did for the last three TR games, and concluded that "sowing more antagonism like this is hurtful and unnecessary".

Is it? I don't know the person who started this petition, so I don't know if he has some history of trolling or harassment, but I think it would be great to play the classic games without bugs on modern systems.

Also, I think AOD deserves to be wrapped up with a proper conclusion, as much of a pipe dream as that might be.

Last edited by Tyrannosaurus; 12-03-20 at 21:59. Reason: Petition link removed
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 21:52   #2
lance6439
Legend

I'm shocked by rihannas attitude. Did she tweet about it or something? insulting to her work? lol...didn't she only work on 2013 and after that CD gave her the boot?
Old 12-03-20, 21:55   #3
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I'm shocked by rihannas attitude. Did she tweet about it or something? insulting to her work? lol...didn't she only work on 2013 and after that CD gave her the boot?
Thatís exactly what I was thinking too!
Iím pretty sure thatís all she did and then she jumped ship or they booted her out. I donít remember exactly.

Regardless, donít take it so personally, girl.. chill out.
Old 12-03-20, 21:57   #4
Rai

Petition link removed. Unless Justin says otherwise, petitions are not allowed on the forum

There is already a thread in place as well

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=223888

The thread was made in place of one with the link, I believe

As for Rhianna, she worked on Rise as well. Afaik, she left due to creative disagreements.

Last edited by Rai; 12-03-20 at 22:01.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 22:52   #5
Costel
Archaeologist

Someone tell Nathan that Devil May Cry did not had any remake. Devil May Cry 5 is continuation of Devil May Cry 4 not a remake.
Old 12-03-20, 22:57   #6
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus View Post
Judging by the comment she made in response, Rhianna is not taking this very well. She called this petition "deliberately insulting" to work she and the rest of the design team did for the last three TR games, and concluded that "sowing more antagonism like this is hurtful and unnecessary".
I know, I know, it's outrageous. Still, if the public doesn't like one's work, one has to accept the fact gracefully.

-- Antonio Salieri

A lot of creators today, I mean the ones who have been altering old franchises and turning them into manifestos to preach their own political agendas believe that the work that they do is so important and so exalted that they burst out in anger when the people don't accept their vision. Just look at Ghostbusters, Birds of Prey, Batwoman, Doctor Who and I can probably keep going if I thought about it a bit harder. It is usually followed by accusations of sexism, racism, classism and basement dwelling virginial toy unboxery. I don't think Pratchett will go that far but she's not far off...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 22:58   #7
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Lol there she goes again Rhianna getting mad about classic Tomb Raider. I still have that article where she crapped on Lara Croft as pin up girl and the other famous one "man with boobs".

I don't want to take any personal shots at her, but damn it is incredibly frustrating having people work on Tomb Raider who clearly hate it.

I'm glad she is removed from Tomb Raider, hope she never works on this series again.

Told y'all CD hates classic, otherwise they wouldn't get super triggered over this.

I honestly wish CD would take their reboot else where and leave Tomb Raider alone. They don't deserve her game, honor, nor glory. She is a legend through and through, no matter how much they despise it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
CD gave her the boot?
Lol it's makes no sense that she would be this pissy about something she don't even work for. She really that offended by classic Lara Croft? Gurl didn't even work on Rise or Shadow and she got some damn nerve I tell you what.
Black Lives Matter #George Floyd #8can'twait

Last edited by charmedangelin; 12-03-20 at 23:03.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 23:02   #8
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post

Told y'all CD hates classic, otherwise they wouldn't get super triggered over this.
Rhianna does not represent Crystal D.
She just created a story around an already established idea. (Inlcuding Lara's current bio)
If her reaction is true, she's anything but professional...
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 23:03   #9
larafan25
Sage

They need to put Tomb Raider in front again, and pop in the back. The devs can make any game they are instructed to make. Yet the publishers refuse to be creative enough to support Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider is financially viable.

They want to find what sells rather than learn how to sell. Anything can be sold. Toilet paper is selling a lot right now. Not that it is needed.
Old 12-03-20, 23:08   #10
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Rhianna does not represent Crystal D.
She just created a story around an already established idea. (Inlcuding Lara's current bio)
If her reaction is true, she's anything but professional...
But the many same sentiments keep coming out of that development team. Anyone who can't see how much they hate our gurl is willfully blind at this point. She was an employee of CD and if that's how she thinks about her imagine how many others share the same. I can name a few and link quotes.

It's ****ing ridiculous that we have to be stuck with such people working on a game they clearly don't want anything to do with. Why don't CD just hand it over to someone else?

Oh they need that cash to fund the other flops that they keep churning out. I predict the Avengers will be a travesty. Honestly I hope that it is a flop so that they can self reflect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Toilet paper is selling a lot right now. Not that it is needed.
Oop.....this fits so perfectly with what they've been putting out these past 7 years.

Edit

Gurl said it on Facebook and I checked it's definitely her. She pissy mad about the petition.

Black Lives Matter #George Floyd #8can'twait

Last edited by charmedangelin; 12-03-20 at 23:21.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote