www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 28-03-20, 15:14   #1
_Seth
Archaeologist

Thumbs up Your Top 10 BEST Tomb Raider Moments

Mine is in video format:

But please, rank your top 10 moments (not so much levels) from the series.
Old 28-03-20, 15:47   #2
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Enjoyed your post.
Old 28-03-20, 17:50   #3
Tomb Raidering
Professor

1) TR5: Lara complaining - “Hmmph. Economy class!”

2) Anniversary: Lara falling through the endless abyss and witnessing Tihocan and Qualopec with the help of The Scion.

3) AoD: Lara jumping to the moving lighting rig.

4) TR3: Sophia Leigh laughing.

5) Legend: Lara aiming with her pistols to the Serpent and the Serpent admitting defeat.

6) TR2: Lara sliding into the narrow Venice alley.

7) TR4: The Egyptian phoenix coming from the heavens above.

8) Anniversary: Lara reading Winston’s letter and the Croft Manor theme playing in the background.

9) TR2013: Lara teasing - “That’s right! Run you bastards! I’m coming for y’all!”

10) TR1: The T-Rex moment.
Old 29-03-20, 11:34   #4
gss_86
Hobbyist

The First 10 Minutes of Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC

Old 29-03-20, 13:46   #5
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

Beautiful video, _Seth! Made my morning when I checked TRF and found it
I need to organize my thoughts before posting a list How on earth can you narrow it down to just 10?

-So much of TR2 in just going to list the images that make me think of it and enjoy that moment I my head while typing. The colors and sounds of Bartoli's Hideout, the atmosphere of the Opera House, the first moments when Lara wakes up on the Rig, the calmness of the Tibetian Foothills and the grandness of the entire rest of the game.

-The way Seth's plain hidden tomb gradually became the golden Burial Chambers in TR4. Perfect.

-The parkour climbing battle between Sophia and Lara before zapping the giggling blonde loon (Conspiracy alert: were her and Tony related??)

-"WHERE *bang* IS *bang *MY *bang* MOTHER!?"

-The first few levels in AoD. Why did people say escaping from the alleyway until Lara crashed in a subway car lacks real urgency? I loved that part! So dark and rainy and mysterious..

-The Desert Railroad in TR4. The whole level is fresh and fun

-The battle with stone monkeys scene in the first Angie movie. Could watch that 100s of times in a row!

-Do title screens count? I love listening to the main game music while fiddling with the settings. Especially the classics!

-Another thing that might not count as a moment.. but flipping through TR books like 20 Years and all the strategy guides brings back great memories.

-Back to game moments.. the cutscenes that introduce the enemies in Anniversary like the cat mummies or the Centaurs squishing Pierre were really entertaining.

-The Ireland section in TRC had a lot of memorable aspects, like the church with the floating skeletons, Lara making making a slingshot, the creep with the petrified heart and the Bestiary. All those moments add up to a kickass adventure!

-Every new tomb discovery in the reboot games. I've been sort of hard on them over the years (mostly because of Lara's character) but that is some really beautiful level design! The reboots really nail the whole 'temple once grand but now in disarray' aesthetic

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 29-03-20 at 14:47.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 14:56   #6
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

#1: The Lost Valley: I know it's a classic at this point but I thought it would be wrong if I began this list without the most memorable TR moment of all which is the T. Rex scene.
#2: The Great Pyramid: the torso boss... treacherous jumps and leaps of faith... all the lava coming in... and finally putting an end to Natla before it all just collapses.
#3: Venice: I will never forget the first time I reached Venice, when I heard those footsteps up at the balcony I knew I was going to be in for the fight of our lives.
#4: Temple of Xi'an , The Dragon's Lair: Tomb Raider 2 has too many standout or top memorable moments for me but I simply adore all the way from Temple of Xi'an till the Dragon's Lair. Everything gets more ****ed up as you progress... statues come alive and hunt you down relentlessly and so do the insane cultists and their thirsty blades. Up until the end where we face the cause of our misery, Marco Bartoli himself whom tried to rule the world and China as the new Dragon Emperor. Fortunately his rule was short lived , I love this.
#5. Home Sweet Home: Ahhh being back home thinking that you've finally returned home with the artifact but then it turns out you've been invaded by the italian mafia and you must make your home a graveyard. I love this level.
#6. Locking the Butler in the Freezer: In Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider 3 I loved luring Winston to the freezer and locking him there just after putting the music on. We all did.
#7. The Great Pyramid of Giza: I enjoyed seeing this in the OP, It was Lara's last struggle, Lara's race to save the dying world and climb the great pyramid as mentioned by the OP is one of the greatest Tomb Raider moments ever, nothing since has ever come close. My personal favorite.
#8. The Temple of Horus: I think it's funny it's not mentioned here much but for me the final battle between Lara and Set in the Temple of Horus is pure epic! It does feel like a life or death situation. A battle of curses. It is much more enjoyable specially if your version of the game is the one that has the nice soundtrack in the background while the fight takes place.
#9. Croft Manor Burns: I think Tomb Raider Underworld's burning Croft Manor really gave a lot of impact to me as a player and a TR fan back then. Still today I feel nostalgic when I replay this and adore the dark concept behind it.
#10. Out of Time: It is the final showdown between Lara and Natla, everything that came before had led to this very moment. As the world burns in the final battle of Ragnarok and Natla proclaims herself the queen of a new era, Lara Croft jumps, evades and destroys everything Natla ever dreamed to unleash upon this world. Crushing Natla for good and ending the whole mess with Lara's past once and for all. Laying all ghosts to rest she walked away from us once again with hope for a brighter future.

Honorable Mentions:
Tomb Raider Chronicles opening scene
Tomb Raider the angel of darkness's ending

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 29-03-20 at 14:59.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 20:33   #7
Woops
Archaeologist

1-10: Madubu Gorge.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 23:45   #8
SnatchingEdges
Explorer

No order:

-TRI intro and first level.

-Tomb Raider II Croft manor: locking Winston and the timed training tutorial.

-Lara escaping from the first cave in Yamatai until she kills the deer.

-AoD's introduction scene and first levels until Parisian Backstreets.

Two favorite moments:

2) Lara getting angry after Alister gets killed.

1) Lara being a charitable queen and letting Amanda live one more day. Your #10 is my #1
Old 02-04-20, 14:10   #9
_Seth
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
Enjoyed your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Beautiful video, _Seth! Made my morning when I checked TRF and found it
Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gss_86 View Post
The First 10 Minutes of Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC

[youtube]68AMJ9CZkbg[youtube]
Each of the 10 minutes qualify their own spots?