Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-03-17, 12:30   #27731
suli
Inactive

people have to put in mind that unlike with the Reboot ending..New Spain was clearly teased in Rise's ending, front and center. it's like they're saying "here, yes, look at it, this is it, this where we're going next". I have no doubt that Mexico is the main location for the next game.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 12:52   #27732
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post

Was ther a reason why this outfit and the urban camo rifle was taken out?
The Battle Worn outfit is in the game though...
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 14:07   #27733
sackboy123

If only it was an expedition card
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-17, 08:18   #27734
JoelCaesar

I think Phlip means the snowflake military rifle which mysteriously disappeared after Blood Ties came out.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-17, 08:25   #27735
robm_2007

What languages (audio and subtitles) does the NTSC version have?
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-17, 11:08   #27736
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
I hear people say the game will be in Mexico too but I doubt that. It might be a prologue or something like Syria was but I doubt it's the main part of the game.

Look at the end of TR2013 when people thought the location in Lara's journal would be the next location but in Rise it was Siberia instead
I thought that too, but thinking on it... remember those Russian letters in that journal at the end?

Which someone translated into...

EIGHT TIME HVE ORIGTSN ESSENTIL LOSTDEEL VILLGE

So I guess there were some clues in there along with the Red Herrings.

But most clearly indicated was Croatoan last time, so it's entirely possible that anything that was clearly highlighted in Rise is just a decoy like Croatoan was last time.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 07:13   #27737
LateRaider
Inactive

So, here are my thoughts on Rise so far...

"There are just so many little issues that add up, First I had to restart my game because Lara was always on fire during Chapter Replay Elite. Then there was the, admittedly minor, bug where Lara would get blasted with fire each time she tried to use the trebuchet. Then there are bugs where enemies won't respond and will just sit there in the 'default model' pose. You can't get the last handgun or the last rifle at all. There are at least two unused outfits that have no reason for being unused.

And that's not even talking about the story. It isn't CONSTANT, nor is it as bad as I thought--I will concede that. But nonetheless, each time I hear Lara say, 'We made it, Dad!' or 'I did this for my father,' it gets on my nerves. At least LAU Lara genuinely enjoyed adventuring alongside looking for her mother. And these criticisms aren't because I 'dislike' or 'hate' Rise or the reboot, it's because I LOVE them. It upsets me to see it not treated with the respect it deserves. It's just so disappointing because, in comparison, TR 2013 was so highly-polished, and Rise... isn't."

Thoroughly enjoyable game though! It's great, but not fantastic.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 10:43   #27738
Patrick star

What platform are playing it on ?

I played the PC version , and it had an impressive level of polish and technical finesse , tbh .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 15:04   #27739
Mutant Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
So, here are my thoughts on Rise so far...

"There are just so many little issues that add up, First I had to restart my game because Lara was always on fire during Chapter Replay Elite. Then there was the, admittedly minor, bug where Lara would get blasted with fire each time she tried to use the trebuchet. Then there are bugs where enemies won't respond and will just sit there in the 'default model' pose. You can't get the last handgun or the last rifle at all. There are at least two unused outfits that have no reason for being unused.

And that's not even talking about the story. It isn't CONSTANT, nor is it as bad as I thought--I will concede that. But nonetheless, each time I hear Lara say, 'We made it, Dad!' or 'I did this for my father,' it gets on my nerves. At least LAU Lara genuinely enjoyed adventuring alongside looking for her mother. And these criticisms aren't because I 'dislike' or 'hate' Rise or the reboot, it's because I LOVE them. It upsets me to see it not treated with the respect it deserves. It's just so disappointing because, in comparison, TR 2013 was so highly-polished, and Rise... isn't."

Thoroughly enjoyable game though! It's great, but not fantastic.
Some of these bugs were handled in the latest PC patch, except for that recurring model pose glicth.

Though I will agree with you that Tomb Raider 2013 is far more polished. Except for that TressFx which tanks my Nvidia GPU.
Mutant Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-17, 15:38   #27740
LateRaider
Inactive

I'm playing on PS4, and to be honest, I highly doubt that console versions of Rise are going to ever get a patch again. I also doubt that we're ever going to get Rattlesnake or Snowflake. I'd be happy if I were wrong though.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote