www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 31-01-20, 06:43   #21
Costel
Archaeologist

Just a note here:
The games went from 7 documents in a hub (TR 2013) to 40 documents in a hub (SOTTR).
Old 31-01-20, 17:36   #22
Cat Woman
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lleonard Pler View Post
I like the collectibles: they're optional and make you feel like a real explorer.

Also I love the monolith system to first learn a language by gathering relics and then finding the treasure. It's simple but it works. And again it makes you feel like a real explorer.
I tend to go with this thought. Also - Once you have played the game, you have the option to go back for collectables you missed.
Old 31-01-20, 20:01   #23
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
Just a note here:
The games went from 7 documents in a hub (TR 2013) to 40 documents in a hub (SOTTR).
But hubs also became much, much bigger in Rise and Shadow co.pared to the first game.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 20:14   #24
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I want some collectibles but not too many.

And yeah they should feel rewarding to collect, unlocking weapons, costumes and artworks. Perhaps something inspired by the secrets system of the classics games would be best.
I agree. I loved the secrets system in the classics because finding them gave you an advantage. Unlocking skills now does too so I'm not complaining about the rewards now, although some of them are a little negligible.

I talked about this earlier, but having a realistic limit on how much ammo you can carry per weapon does have the disadvantage that the ammo also becomes less valuable. You won't go out of your way anymore to get some more and they can't grant it as bonus for finding secrets when you can just pick up some more on the main path or scattered around easier to reach places. In the classics I always want to get the highest possible number for each pickup because it gives that feeling of accomplishment.

Even though I love collecting stuff more in the classics, I don't want them to return to unlimited ammo. They're doing an okay job with them right now.
I'll admit that I got really tired of collecting stuff in Rise though. Endlessly searching in the snow for coins...
Old 31-01-20, 21:07   #25
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
But hubs also became much, much bigger in Rise and Shadow co.pared to the first game.
I know that but in Shadow is a document at almost every step while in TR2013 you had to search around to find them.
Old 31-01-20, 21:32   #26
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
I know that but in Shadow is a document at almost every step while in TR2013 you had to search around to find them.
You are not wrong tbh. I kinda hated how much collectibles there are in Shadow.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 22:10   #27
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

They should diminish the number of collectibles and make each one a good designed challenge like it was in the classics, where the designers were clever with the game's mechanics to test your exploration and platforming skills.