www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 21-05-22, 19:26   #1
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

Default Energy bolt fix

This is a mini-thread to share a fix for the missing energy bolt that was mentioned by .snake. on the tomb4 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Khufu's Queen's Pyramids: The demigod boss at the end of the labyrinth was shooting Lara's thigh meshes at her.

Energy bolt fix

-I've imported the missing energy bolt asset to Khufu's Queen's Pyramids from Inside Menkaure's Pyramid, which also have a demigod.
-This fix is applied on top of Sardoc's Giza torch animation fix.

I recommend getting Sardoc's TR4 files first from here, this gives you 11 joby files with the Giza torch animation fix. Put these in the data folder and click to overwrite when prompted.

Download the Energy bolt fix here and put it in the data folder, click to overwrite when prompted.

(Last updated: 25/05/22)

Before | After

I'd also recommend checking out:

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 29-07-22 at 09:16.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 06:09   #2
.snake.
Professor

That's very cool, thanks for doing this.

I thought editing .tr4 files would cause bugs though which is why Troye wanted to avoid it for the tomb4 project?

But if they can be edited without problems then we could theoretically speaking add the TR5 crawlspace roll and vault animations to the Lara object. The move just needs to be enabled then in the engine... via the tomb4 project.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 07:32   #3
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

Quote:
That's very cool, thanks for doing this.

I thought editing .tr4 files would cause bugs though which is why Troye wanted to avoid it for the tomb4 project?

But if they can be edited without problems then we could theoretically speaking add the TR5 crawlspace roll and vault animations to the Lara object. The move just needs to be enabled then in the engine... via the tomb4 project.
No problem .snake. The TR5 level files are the ones that causes a lot of problems when modding.

Actually, I honestly thought I had this in the bag, but after doing further testing - the door into the Great Pyramid opened... then shrank. I would appreciate advice on how to safely mod tr4 levels

(I used FexMerger btw)

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 22-05-22 at 07:33.
Old 22-05-22, 08:54   #4
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Actually, I honestly thought I had this in the bag, but after doing further testing - the door into the Great Pyramid opened... then shrank. I would appreciate advice on how to safely mod tr4 levels
I've used Fexmerger too, and yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about: bugs like this where suddenly objects shrink or fly off into the distance.

Another thing that needs fixing is Young Lara's left hand, but this would require actually importing the mesh into meta and creating the missing face, before re-importing it into the .tr4. And before you know it, once again, random animatings will just shrink or fly off into paradise
Old 22-05-22, 11:13   #5
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

Quote:
I've used Fexmerger too, and yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about: bugs like this where suddenly objects shrink or fly off into the distance.

Another thing that needs fixing is Young Lara's left hand, but this would require actually importing the mesh into meta and creating the missing face, before re-importing it into the .tr4. And before you know it, once again, random animatings will just shrink or fly off into paradise
Ah I understand now, thank you for explaining. I should've done a thorough test of the level before sharing the fix, but that's a lesson learnt for me XD

I've heard about the issue with young Lara's left hand but haven't seen it until now... damn. I'll keep looking around for a solution for both issues

Old 22-05-22, 11:25   #6
LateRaider
Professor

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I didn't use the holster strap mod for tr4. Whenever enemies die with that mod, they start sliding along the ground as far as they can. It's an issue inherent to editing TR4 levels unfortunately. I have no idea why it happens. It sounds like a similar thing is happening with your mod
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 15:26   #7
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

Update:

I've decided to give TRViewer a try instead of FexMerger, and imported the missing energy bolt asset into Sardoc's level file. I've spent the last hour testing the level, tried out every weapon and ammo, killed every enemy and ally, tried all the doors, and interacted with most of the wall slots. There appears to be no sign of bug or corruption.

The download link is back up. If anyone is planning to play TR4 then please give this level mod a try and let me know how you get on

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 22-05-22 at 20:45.
Old 24-05-22, 19:50   #8
.snake.
Professor

This is great! I'll check it out as soon as I'm able to.

It's great to know that TRViewer works better than Fexinspect.
Old 30-05-22, 06:11   #9
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

This is a small bump to let you guys know that I've quietly updated the level mod a few days ago. If any of you have already downloaded it and the file isn't 3.46MB, I'd recommend replacing it with the latest version.

Also myself and .snake. have tested the level, and neither of us ran into any issues which is promising