www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 15-12-21, 17:24   #1
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Default Splinter Cell Remake announced

The Splinter Cell series is finally back after 8 years.
Splinter Cell Remake begins development at Ubisoft Toronto.

Here's the official website with an interview :
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/artic...bisoft-toronto

Last edited by Chamayoo; 15-12-21 at 17:26.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 17:39   #2
Jathom95
Archaeologist

I'm really excited about this, but I hope so badly that they really take inspiration from the classics and do this remake the right way. The interview article from Ubisoft does make me feel slightly better about it though.

Last edited by Jathom95; 15-12-21 at 17:45.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 18:20   #3
tomblover
Legend

I'm excited, but at the same time, this is Ubisoft we're talking about. Knowing how they've handled the Sands of Time remake (which you would have expected to be a high-priority project for them), I'll reserve my judgment for when I see the actual game...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-21, 18:30   #4
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I'm excited, but at the same time, this is Ubisoft we're talking about. Knowing how they've handled the Sands of Time remake (which you would have expected to be a high-priority project for them), I'll reserve my judgment for when I see the actual game...
About Sands of Time Remake, it's been a year they are seriously reworking the game. I'm sure it will look far more solid when they will reveal new footages. Hope so and not a Beyond Good and Evil 2 situation...
Old 15-12-21, 19:48   #5
dg1995
Archaeologist

Finally ! Sam Fisher retires from cleaning toilets !
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-21, 04:03   #6
robm_2007
Legend

Yay...I guess? I hope they'll do it justice but waiting 10 years for a new SC game that just ends up being a remake is hardly worth my applause. As long as it nor any new main title are not similar to Conviction or Blacklist, I'll be content.

I haven't play the first two games in so long, having only replayed Chaos Theory more than once, so I really can't recall much of them. I'd rather they just remake that game but it would seem odd to randomly remake the third game while neglecting the other two, but I doubt they'll remake all three.

Michael Ironside is 71 years old and while that doesn't mean he's "too old" to play Sam, the series, if we're lucky, will outlive him (assuming the series' revival ends up worth continuing). So...I don't know who would replace him but hopefully not another actor who absolutely doesn't sound anything like him (like in Blacklist). We don't even need a impersonator sound-alike, just someone with the same octave/register and gravitas of Sam - the bare minimum that Blacklist's actor couldn't even remotely achieve (though I blame whoever casted him, he just was not fit for it at all).

Last edited by robm_2007; 16-12-21 at 06:52.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-21, 06:14   #7
RAID
Tomb Raider

Every game is getting a remake apart from Tomb Raider. When will Square and Crystal wake up?
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-21, 07:14   #8
Mani_Man
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
Every game is getting a remake apart from Tomb Raider. When will Square and Crystal wake up?
I was wondering who would be the first to whine.

When there is any mainstream want for a Remake, any Social Media movement for it, when there are any Grabable numbers they can rely on.
When people in large numbers after every gaming event, after every SE event actually talk about how dissapointed they are that there was no Remake announcement.

So, now that we have covered why that is not happening as long as the fandom just whines on Reddit, Youtube, here...can we focus then on the actual topic of Splinter Cell Remake? Thank you.

EDIT:

I mean...Splinter Cell Remake people...wuhu, thats something good and to be happy about.

Last edited by Mani_Man; 16-12-21 at 07:48.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-21, 08:21   #9
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
I was wondering who would be the first to whine.

When there is any mainstream want for a Remake, any Social Media movement for it, when there are any Grabable numbers they can rely on.
When people in large numbers after every gaming event, after every SE event actually talk about how dissapointed they are that there was no Remake announcement.

So, now that we have covered why that is not happening as long as the fandom just whines on Reddit, Youtube, here...can we focus then on the actual topic of Splinter Cell Remake? Thank you.

EDIT:

I mean...Splinter Cell Remake people...wuhu, thats something good and to be happy about.
Thank you for input. Now I can finish my Cheerios without wondering 'why are we here'.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-21, 11:01   #10
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
It seems the industry are making remakes to bring back franchises from the death. Prince of Persia, Spyro, Crash, Medieval, Humans Must Die, ect...
Tomb Raider is alive and kicking so there is no rush from Square. However there are other successes like Final Fantasy 7, Resident Evil 2 and 3 or Pokemon that could motivate them. If so they have to find a studio available to do so, as Crystal is already busy